Thread: Push!!!

mtbr member

Push!!!

I figured I would post this here, since my current steed is a Ibis Mojo SL.

Went to the free Push clinic last night and found out some interesting things.

1) Great shop and very advanced tuning capabilites
    2) Boost valve not worth it. Push just takes it out. It is basically just an Manitou SPV valve that Fox licenses. They like the 09 RP23 the best.
    3) Chris King head sets cause mosts of the problems they see with forks. This was the most interesting statement I heard all night and these guys see alot of forks.(5000 units a year) The upper race gouges the upper for tube and causes fatigue.
    4) 2009 and newer Rock Shox are great forks. Even though they service more Fox stuff, Darren thinks the new Sram stuff is unbelieveable. I was surprised by how much he likes the RS stuff, esepcially the seals and he modifies all the fox forks with RS seals on all tunes.
    5) Helped set up the Mojo. I was running way too much rebound. Slow the rebound down.
    6) Can't believe they did this clinic for free and even gave us free beer and cookies.

If I need a suspension tune, this is the place I would send it. Great guys, good service and products. Very impressed.

Erik

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I PUSH'd my RP23 2 weeks ago but have not been able to test ride it (rain). Can't wait though. I did do a 5 min. parking lot test and the shock just felt smoother and more plush. The rebound settings were also much better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99
    I figured I would post this here, since my current steed is a Ibis Mojo SL.

Went to the free Push clinic last night and found out some interesting things.

1) Great shop and very advanced tuning capabilites
    2) Boost valve not worth it. Push just takes it out. It is basically just an Manitou SPV valve that Fox licenses. They like the 09 RP23 the best.
    3) Chris King head sets cause mosts of the problems they see with forks. This was the most interesting statement I heard all night and these guys see alot of forks.(5000 units a year) The upper race gouges the upper for tube and causes fatigue.
    4) 2009 and newer Rock Shox are great forks. Even though they service more Fox stuff, Darren thinks the new Sram stuff is unbelieveable. I was surprised by how much he likes the RS stuff, esepcially the seals and he modifies all the fox forks with RS seals on all tunes.
    5) Helped set up the Mojo. I was running way too much rebound. Slow the rebound down.
    6) Can't believe they did this clinic for free and even gave us free beer and cookies.

If I need a suspension tune, this is the place I would send it. Great guys, good service and products. Very impressed.

Erik
    Great info Erik.On 5) Did you mean to say "I was running way to little rebound.Slow down the rebound" It doesn't make sense the way its written. Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes I had too little rebound. The fork and shock was returning way too fast.

Erik

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes I had too little rebound. The fork and shock was returning way too fast.

Erik
    This is the #1 setup issue that I typically see when people ask for my help tuning their fork / shock.
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Hey DW,

What do you think of the boost valve and setting the DW link. Darren at Push didn't seem to fond of the new FOX shock.

Erik

650b me
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I missed the first round of Push clinics....my name is on the list for the next round. I had my Fox shock Push'd on my last bike and it definitely pedaled more efficiently as a result. Thanks to the guys at Golden Bike Shop for suggesting Push. I had not heard of them before that.

mtbr member

3-4 out with my tune

I pushed my rp23 and the directions from Darren said to have it 3-4 clicks out from full slow and it has been perfect. Oddly enough on my downhill coil bike I tend to keep rebound faster, like 4-5 from full fast on the shock and fork, but I haven't really dialed in that bike yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Well I just shipped my RP23 of to Push. Cant wait to see how it changes my Mojo. I will then decided what to do with the fork. Do a Rev, Reba or DT XRC. The Rev with the Maxle light and handle bar lockout sure seems right to me.
    Transition Scout Carbon

mtbr member
    Hey Ken,

I would wait just a couple of months if you decide to go with a Rock Shox. Push has some cool things coming with RS.

Erik

YRTRNRSHVY
    Apr 2004
    Sorry, this confused me, but then I saw this was already addressed after I posted.

Members who have read this thread: 0