mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Pulled the trigger on my dream bike!

Just pulled the trigger on a new Mojo SL from my LBS!

Black Frame w/ silver links
    SLX kit
    Revelation RLT ti, Dual pos. 150/120 w/20mm Axle (also black)

I'm pretty happy with the deal I got as well. I told the shop that I'd like an adjustable fork, but I'd heard that the Revelation was a bit better than the Talas. So they told me they could order the bike without a fork and buy the Revelation separately. Kind of cool as I had no idea this was an option. I was even more pleased with the price.

If you include the two demo days I took @ $30ea., the total came out to $3190 plus tax!! A whopping $331.98 less than the same bike with the Talas! The new black and silver graphics even match my frame colors!

Only downsides I can see are that the Fox is a bit sexier, and has a 130mm setting as opposed to a 120mm but for $332, I'm not complaining! She comes in a week from today, I'll post pics then!

Dropshot Champ!
    sweet, congrats!

Let me know how you like that dual pos, the talas that came on mine has to go!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Awesome!
    I just bought the same bike a few weeks ago (SLX build kit). I got the 2010 kit with the 9 speed SLX and the Revelation Race fork.
    Already spending way to much $$ on upgrades (X0 derailleurs and shifters) even though the Shimano's worked fine.

Have fun! You'll love it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    good choice, and you will love the revelation...great fork and quite a bit cheaper, plus you get 3 years if I recall...

Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man
    Let me know how you like that dual pos, the talas that came on mine has to go!
    Can you explain why ? I hear peopel who tried both generally prefer the Rev (and you get full range), but I didn't think the Talas was a bad choice...

Dropshot Champ!
    It's an older 140, standard dropout and typical old foxness...(blows through travel, talas fails often, noodley like a poodle, damper sucks da ballz)

My non adjustable, standard dropout, 2008 rs recon with a pike moco, is better. Sad isn't it?

Members who have read this thread: 0