Price for v3 Ripley Frame Used ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Price for v3 Ripley Frame Used ?

Thinking of getting a new bike. Do you think this would move reasonably fast: $2300 + shipping

Size Large V3 V-P color, w/ Cane Creek 40 headset installed, Fox Factory 34 140mm, and Fox performance 150mm transfer (only used a couple of times). All in descent shape - minor scratches and rock chips of frame/ fork. I've had helicopter tape covering most of the high use areas. I'm the original owner of everything.

Only saw a couple online for sale, so maybe not much market now the new V4 is out. Maybe I should try and sell everything for $2K + shipping instead? Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That seems a little high but it doesnít hurt to start high and come down on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My suggestion is see what similar used fork and dropper go for. There might be some interest in the LS. I bought a V4 and just can't get along with the steep seat tube, so I bought a LS.

Problem you face is now LS frames are on clearance- $2100 from most large online retailers. I found one new for $1750 with warranty. Most people shopping a frame, already have a fork and dropper- so for less they get a new frame with warranty.

The only LS I was interested in used was a V2 since it's lighter and I'll never run 2.6 tires.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    I think for $2K, it would go really fast as you get a fork and dropper for the price of a frame. I would start at $2.3K and negotiate down if you have to.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I buy and sell a few bikes. TwoTone's post is right on.

If a buyer can purchase a new frame around $2k with a full warranty from a reputable seller, a used frame with no warranty from a private seller should be well south of that.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Way to high but one thing that would influence the price and "sellability" would be servicing the suspension, fork, and dropper. Buying any of those used can often mean inheriting a bill to get service done that can up quick if you have a LBS can do it for you reasonable price show proof of recent service to a seller than may you should be asking north of 2K, if not well go south.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    That will be a tough sell at $2,300. As noted above, closeout frames are $2,100 new. You can buy a brand new GX Eagle build for $3,600 on closeout. Unfortunately when a new model comes out the value of the old one drops considerably. When I bought a V3 I sold my OG Ripley frame, fork and wheels for $1,500.

mtbr member
    One of my riding buddies just purchased a v3 with full x01 eagle 12s, factory 34, factory fox dropper, and ibis 938s for $2750.

He's got a few fat bikes and was really after the ability to go 2.6's though, so you might find someone in a similar situation.

I'd agree, I think you're a bit too high. Best luck though, going v4?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for the input everyone. I guess at this point it's simple - get less than I was hoping by $500 or so, or keep it and hope it doesn't just collect dust. I'm putting together an Evil Offering, and I have a feeling the Ripley won't see much sunlight soon.