Poll: Red or Blue links on Matte Black Mojo HD with Kashima Coat?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

POLL: Link Colors on Matte Black Mojo HD

I am awaiting delivery of a Mojo HD. I bought the x9 kit with an upgrade to a Kashima Coat TALAS.

I initially ordered RED links, but after seeing robnow's picture of the 2011 Fox TALAS I realize that there is no RED color on the fork. The Kashima Coat fork seems to have only blue anodized knobs on both sides, and the Fox stickers on the fork are blue too.

I want to bling my bike out, but not too much...So MTBR members, what color links would you recommend I get?
    1. Red?
    2. Blue?

***Picture is from robnow's post in the Mojo HD build thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails POLL: Link Colors on Matte Black Mojo HD-ibis-mojo-hd-matte-kashima-coat-01.jpg  

meh
    black

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    pink

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'd go blue on that build to tie in the Fox decals and compression knob

but you'll need to getr a blue co2 pump!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    blue or black

mtbr member
    Kashima Coated Link

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    gold

except there's no gold. black.

Antagonist
    I'm a monochrome guy I guess. Had nickel links put on my SL order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spill
    I'm a monochrome guy I guess. Had nickel links put on my SL order.
    @ SPILL: You have a very nice and sleek Mojo SL build!

Normally I prefer silver accents over gold, but I really love the uniqueness of the Gold Kashima Coat on the TALAS fork.

Also, silver links are not an option for the Mojo HD (according the Ibis web page).

Thanks everyone for your votes and responses so far!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Black links or get "raw" links and have them anodized gold if you are running the Talas. I have the matte black HD and decided to keep the links black. I went more stealth and less bling...

Ultimately, it's what YOU want, not the masses. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Blue

mtbr member
    I'd go with the color that gets you down the hill the fastest.. and without crashing...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Holding
    Black links or get "raw" links and have them anodized gold if you are running the Talas. I have the matte black HD and decided to keep the links black. I went more stealth and less bling....
    @Kenny: Do you know if raw links are available for the HD, or did you just come up with idea? Gold links would look great!

My goal is to pick out a minimal amount of bling so that I have something unique.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatch
    @Kenny: Do you know if raw links are available for the HD, or did you just come up with idea? Gold links would look great!

My goal is to pick out a minimal amount of bling so that I have something unique.
    Silver links are not available for the HD. That was my original choice but confirmed with Ibis that it won't be an option. Also thought about making the black ones either raw or raw then anodizing gold. Maybe too much bling with gold links. Who knows...I bet it will look sic once someone does it. I'm happy with black now regardless.

Curious to see how blue would look with the blue of the Fox, but I prefer black.

Thanks for the props JD.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    jd, I know this had been discussed before with the original mojo and I thought Ibis was going to offer "raw" links so someone could customize with their own color choice. I can't imagine they couldn't do the same with the HD links. Only way to know for sure is to ask Hans or call Ibis. Worth a phone call, right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Blue links!

Well, I called my LBS yesterday and switched to blue links. Thanks to everyone who voted - I appreciate your input.

Also, this HD will be my first brand new bike, and I didn't even consider what length stem I should select when I initially placed my order. I am 5'7" and I don't like the feel of leaning forward too far. I thought 70mm would be better than 90mm. So, yesterday I also switched from a 90mm stem to a 70mm stem.

Does anyone have any input about my stem length selection on a medium HD?

My HD was supposed to be delivered later this week, but the delivery date has been pushed back to early September...something about Ibis is having issues producing the Matte Black HD.

Members who have read this thread: 0