mtbr member

play in my pivot Mojo

There is a bit of play in the pivot near the BB. It moves just a tiny bit... lbs told me it needed new bushings but a friend said there are no bushings in the mojo. The bolt on the drivetrain side is not accessible unless I remove the chainrings. Anyone else have this problem ? I probably need to take it to the shop but am just wondering if anyone else has this problem with their mojo, and is it okay to ride like this ?? thanks

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat
    There is a bit of play in the pivot near the BB. It moves just a tiny bit... lbs told me it needed new bushings but a friend said there are no bushings in the mojo.
    I don't believe that someone at Ibis would say "replace the bushings". I call BS. Who did you speak to? You sure you heard right? There are none as your friend says. That being said, you can 1) pop the seals off yourself and see how gritty the bearings are. Try re-greasing and seeing how that goes. Ibis will tell you that you're not supposed to do this. 2) buy a new set from them or from Enduro seals. Pretty cheap and not very labor intensive. If you replace the bearings though, you'll need to pop them out and you can create your own press to fit the new bearings in. Or 3) buy a new link completely. If you thought about changing colors as well, this is a viable option. Plus the 3rd generation link may now be available (supposed to be stiffer).

mtbr member
    lbs=local bike shop, not Ibis.
    I will have the bike looked at. I do like the blue links

aka dan51
    Have you tried tightening the bolts down there?
    Yes you can only access the non-drive side easily, but sticking an hex wrench in them and trying to tighten will at least let you know if they are tight or not. If they are loose you can usually tighten them without having to remove the crank.
    I had one work loose and was able to tighten it without removing the crank.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    may be related to this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=629378

pretty easy to check, you just have to take off the crank and lower link and then check the pivot for play.

If this is your case, I would recommend contacting Ibis directly.

mtbr member
    I Checked the non drivetrain side but i will have to take the bike to the shop in order to check the non drivetrain side.

mtbr member
    I Checked the non drivetrain side but i will have to take the bike to the shop in order to check the non drivetrain side.
    Invest in some tools and save money by doing it yourself. You can do it.
    milesW

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    lbs=local bike shop, not Ibis.
    I will have the bike looked at. I do like the blue links
    Poor eyesight....either that or it was too early in the morning. My bad.

aka dan51
    The bolts screw into each other. One side is a bolt, the other is a long nut. Chances are if one side is tight the other is as well.

Getting the cranks off is a super easy job. With the right tools it will take about 1 minute, assuming they are Shimano.
    You really only need a 5mm hex to do it. The special tool that removes the black plastic thing can be faked with lots of things; like a finger.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The bushing the lbs is likely referring to is the du bushing in your rp23. When they wear out a little play will develop where the shock attaches to your frame and your linkage. It's a very cheap part but you need a du bushing tool to remove your old one and put in the new one.

It may not fix your bike but the Mojo does have a bushing (all fox shocks use them) and that's likely what your lbs wants you to replace.

HTH.

Members who have read this thread: 0