mtbr member
    Feb 2005

PC fans at IBIS?

Work in Silicon Valley and dying to get my hands on an IBIS and get back into mt. biking.....Anyone at IBIS a PC gamer? I have a "god box" (790i, Q9770, Quad-SLI, etc) with your name on it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Meh,

Macs Rule!
    Matt Scott

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Scott
    Meh,

Macs Rule!
    If my Mojo was a computer, it would be a Mac - it's finely crafted down to the smallest details, extremely functional yet low maintenance and user friendly, and it was crafted to be the best possible product that could be made, not the product that simply generates the highest revenue. I hear Scot Nicol's a Mac user too.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Not so, an Ibis Mojo can do it all for anybody, so it would nor merely a Mac or merely a PC..
    Macs and PCs are like Specialized bikes, they brake well but need propedal to pedal well... or some single pivot bikes that pedal great but brake poorly...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    LOL.....Very insightful stuff....bonus points for wit and creativity!

Maybe I can instead interest someone on the black market in a kidney or lung. I have two and it would be selfish to keep both....

All kidding aside, I realize the Mojo is worth every penny. I'll get there eventually!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Well I moved from an Intense 5.5EVP ( great bike, but with a small window of happiness) to my Mojo and it is a remarkable thing.
    If you have keen sense of what the bike is or is not doing, you will notice the difference in the first couple of pedal strokes, I exaggerate not !

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Mac rules
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb143
    If my Mojo was a computer, it would be a Mac - it's finely crafted down to the smallest details, extremely functional yet low maintenance and user friendly, and it was crafted to be the best possible product that could be made, not the product that simply generates the highest revenue. I hear Scot Nicol's a Mac user too.
    Macs rock!!! Hey y'all the links are made in the same place as they make the casings for some of the macs.

Nuff said
    Matt Scott

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If the mojo was a mac, it would cost 4,000k for the frame and fork, and 300 extra for the headset to put them together. Would only roll with Maxxis Tires and wouldn't be Shimano compatible, you would have to buy the Ibis drive train.

Oh and they would only come in white, with pastel handle bars.

But I have been using PC's for 20 years and know how to do the easy maintenance and they work great for me. I still can't figure out how to move a file on a mac without coping it and then deleting the original.

Macs = Meh.

Be different, enjoy PC's

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    oops, wrong thread

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummbird
    If the mojo was a mac, it would cost 4,000k for the frame and fork, and 300 extra for the headset to put them together. Would only roll with Maxxis Tires and wouldn't be Shimano compatible, you would have to buy the Ibis drive train.

Oh and they would only come in white, with pastel handle bars.

But I have been using PC's for 20 years and know how to do the easy maintenance and they work great for me. I still can't figure out how to move a file on a mac without coping it and then deleting the original.

Macs = Meh.

Be different, enjoy PC's
    Pc users can't use Macs........ Mac users hate Pc's.
    Pc's = Magnolia Vs Macs = Sexy.
    Matt Scott

mtbr member

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by monkies
    That's funny. I wonder though, what the percentage of Ibis riders are Mac users. There are definitely parallels - those who value aesthetics, simplicity of use, and perfection of function.

I've been a PC user for many many years longer than a Mac user - still a PC user for a greater percentage of my day (no Macs at work). And just as I am now brand loyal when it comes to spending my own $ to Ibis for producing the absolute best product available, so am I loyal to Apple for doing the same.

Wasn't it last year that the Wall Street Journal declared that the best PC available is a Mac, as all Macs can now natively run both Mac OSX and Windows OS, and they actually do so better than most PC's out there?

But just as an Ibis may not be the best bike for everyone, so too for Macs or any other computer. Use a PC if that works for you. Ride a non-Ibis brand if that meets your needs. But for me, I will revel in my Mojo and in my Mac, and only those that have actually used either will ever really understand the true joy that comes from something that works the way that it should.

To the OP - No disrespect to you or your initial proposition, or to your PC-focused vocation. I'm sure there are many PC users at Ibis, and I hope one of them takes you up on your offer. Win-win, right?
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The Mac - Ibis parallel fails in one important aspect. Part of what the mojo so great is the juxtaposition of aesthetics/performance/PRICE. You pay more for ease of compatibility with macs, but not performance. (And to those that think Wintel is all about money, haven't seen Steve Jobs hurting for money lately) Without even bargain hunting I can build a more powerful PC dollar for dollar then any Mac. That is completely uncontroversial, especially now that they are using intel processors.

What I do love about macs though is my friends that are pretty tech challenged can go in buy any mac product and just plug it into the mac and it works.

Honestly I think PC's are better, if and only if you have spent the time to really know what you are doing tech wise. Macs are better if ,pardon the cliche, you want plug and play.

I am happy there are both because Macs have definitely forced windows to update their GUI, even though I was happiest in DOS.

PS I am a super happy Ipod, and Iphone user and think that Apple deserves untold Kudos for finally getting the MP3 player and Smart phone right. Prediction in two to three years (after most peoples contracts run out) Iphones will be as common place as Ipods are now.

PPS How many more times will this exact debate/discussion take place on the web, like I said I happy there is competion and choice, makes both platforms better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've nothing against PC's if that floats your boat, all the more reason to use 'em. They're certainly a lot cheaper and easier to use for some. I'm an audio and graphics pro so Macs are the way for me. Couldn't live without my G5 & G4's and Apple makes incredible stuff (not into the iphones though.......

ipods rule!!
    Matt Scott

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Honestly I think PC's are better, if and only if you have spent the time to really know what you are doing tech wise. Macs are better if ,pardon the cliche, you want plug and play.
    True but after years of spending optimizing Windows, I just got sick of it
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Members who have read this thread: 0