OG Ripley wanted XL Boost- Mtbr.com
    LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015

OG Ripley wanted XL Boost

I'm looking for an OG Ripley boost X Large. I'll pay good money for a nice one. Sram brakes I value at zero dollars so take that in mind when pricing it. Fox forks don't excite me either. I can deal though. I can probably deal with a Large also. I'm 6'1.5" and not looking to run a 50 stem. Looking to run 90/720 type cockpit.

I'm looking for an XC bias build not Enduro lite if complete, or frameset. I'll pay a 50 dollar finder's fee even. I know someone has one sitting in the corner collecting dust while the latest and greatest gets used. Thank you

mtbr member
    Boost was not yet a thing when the OG came out. On the V2 LS you had the option until eventually 142mm got phased out.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Boost was not yet a thing when the OG came out. On the V2 LS you had the option until eventually 142mm got phased out.
    It definitely came in boost. I almost bought one a couple times. I have ridden a boost OG Ripley on a demo in Tucson also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    It definitely came in boost. I almost bought one a couple times. I have ridden a boost OG Ripley on a demo in Tucson also.
    Well you don't have to believe me if you don't want to but dollars to donuts the OG was not boost. https://archive.ibiscycles.com/bikes.../ripley_29_v1/

Boost wasn't introduced until 2015 at which point Ibis was already onto the V2 LS. For awhile you could still buy the OG with the revised and slightly widened rear triangle but then production went solely to the LS by 2016. Not sure if that V2 OG was boost or non-boost but I was able to pick up a non-boost LS late 2015.

Perhaps you rode an OG that had a replacement rear triangle? What color was it?

Nov 2015
    Well you don't have to believe me if you don't want to but dollars to donuts the OG was not boost. https://archive.ibiscycles.com/bikes.../ripley_29_v1/

Boost wasn't introduced until 2015 at which point Ibis was already onto the V2 LS. For awhile you could still buy the OG with the revised and slightly widened rear triangle but then production went solely to the LS by 2016. Not sure if that V2 OG was boost or non-boost but I was able to pick up a non-boost LS late 2015.

This is exactly why I haven't posted on this forum in months and months. You are talking nonsense. You can literally go on the ibis website and read the words boost 12x148 with your own two eyes. I have ridden the bike. I was going to buy one in large TWO DAYS AGO. They came in grey and orange. Boost. OG. 2016 they sold both, in boost.

mtbr member
    This is exactly why I haven't posted on this forum in months and months. You are talking nonsense. You can literally go on the ibis website and read the words boost 12x148 with your own two eyes. I have ridden the bike. I was going to buy one in large TWO DAYS AGO. They came in grey and orange. Boost. OG. 2016 they sold both, in boost.
    Just trying to help. Good luck in your search.

I was under the impression that the OG Ripley V2 did not come in boost and if it did, they didn't make very many and by late 2016 had phased out the OG completely in favor of the LS although you could still find availability on Jensen and the like.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

So just to get things straight, youíre looking for a:

v1 Ripley

12x148 rear axle

You donít want to pay for SRAM brakes

Rock Shocks preferred but wonít turn down Fox

Size XL or L

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I have an OG boost. The V2 came in both for a short time.
    You posted the V1 archive, here is the V2 and notice both OG and LS listed in the Geo charts, both are boost.
    https://archive.ibiscycles.com/bikes.../ripley_29_v2/
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

NedwannaB
    That's nonsense! OG as in v1=non boost. Orange and gunmetal grey were the LS models Maybe if you were to have re-worded it in a reply such as a "later version/pre v4" it would've made more sense for others to chime in correctly and not get a paragraph of your belittling.
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    That's nonsense! OG as in v1=non boost. Orange and gunmetal grey were the LS models Maybe if you were to have re-worded it in a reply such as a "later version/pre v4" it would've made more sense for others to chime in correctly and not get a paragraph of your belittling.
    Again see above the V1 only came in OG, the V2 came in both OG and LS and were boost.

So before slamming someone else, make sure you know what you're talking about. OP never aksed for V1 boost, asked for OG boost.
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    That's nonsense! OG as in v1=non boost. Orange and gunmetal grey were the LS models
    OG is original geometry, LS was updated geometry. V1 was blue or black/green, 142 only, OG only. V2 was orange or black/gray in both OG and LS, 142 and Boost 148. V3 was LS and Boost only in silver or dayglow piss green-yellow.

Out spokin'
    This is exactly why I haven't posted on this forum in months and months.
    Important information here. Hope everyone is paying attention.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Important information here. Hope everyone is paying attention.
    =sParty
    For the win!

Most of the confusion stems from running changes made during a particular model's era. For example, I have a non-boost V2 LS. So not only could you get both the OG and the LS but also had the option of boost and non-boost as well. Circa 2015.

NedwannaB
    My bad. I humbly sit corrected, on my OG blue v1.😎
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    This is exactly why I haven't posted on this forum in months and months. You are talking nonsense
    Dude, the guy was just trying to help. Good luck in finding your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hold on.

OG stands for original gangster aka the first version or oldest model.

If you ask for the OG version of anything, youíre asking for the first or oldest version.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by ttengineer View Post
    Hold on.

If you ask for the OG version of anything, youíre asking for the first or oldest version.

^^That's how I read the original request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hold on.

Hold on.
    OG in reference to the Ripley refers to Original Geometry aka not an LS.
    So if you ask about an OG Ripley boost, you're asking for a Original Geometry V2.
    Ripley LS v3

I am Walt

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Hold on.
    OG in reference to the Ripley refers to Original Geometry aka not an LS.
    So if you ask about an OG Ripley boost, you're asking for a Original Geometry V2.
    No; used colloquially on the interwebz, as it was; it means "original"
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/what-does-og-mean/?amp

Otherwise, one would need to specify, "original geometry"...

Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    No; used colloquially, as it was; it means "original"
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/what-does-og-mean/?amp

None of that matters, when referring to a Ripley since the LS came out it has been shorthand for Original Geometry, just because people don't know that doesn't change it.

Been that way for years on here.

Find me any other bike on here where the first model is referred to the OG.

OG Epic, OG Following, OG Ripmo- yea don't think so.
    Ripley LS v3

I am Walt
    None of that matters, when referring to a Ripley since the LS came out it has been shorthand for Original Geometry, just because people don't know that doesn't change it.

...that may be the case, but at best, it's confusing and open to interpretation. At least 3 of us that have responded thought it meant otherwise...

Ride more; post less...

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    ...that may be the case, but at best, it's confusing and open to interpretation. At least 3 of us that have responded thought it meant otherwise.
    Make that four. Ibis owners have their own language ó who knew?
    =sParty

P.S. Sorry to extend this LDC thread. I so hoped it would go away.
    disciplesofdirt.org

I am Walt
    Make that four. Ibis owners have their own language ó who knew?
    =sParty
    And I even own a Ripmo!

Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Glad that V2 ME2 OG dilemma is now sorted but I find that when asking for information it pays to be a dick on forums.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm looking for an OG Ripley boost X Large. I'll pay good money for a nice one. Sram brakes I value at zero dollars so take that in mind when pricing it. Fox forks don't excite me either. I can deal though. I can probably deal with a Large also. I'm 6'1.5" and not looking to run a 50 stem. Looking to run 90/720 type cockpit.

I'm looking for an XC bias build not Enduro lite if complete, or frameset. I'll pay a 50 dollar finder's fee even. I know someone has one sitting in the corner collecting dust while the latest and greatest gets used. Thank you
    I sent you a PM.
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    So someone who doesn't know all the Ibis OG lingo and is trying to help you is talking nonsense, and that's why you've stayed away for months? Maybe a few more months are in order...
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

No.

OG means the first as previously stated and understood by multiple people. Especially when discussing, in this case, a frame with multiple geometry iterations.

For example, the epic, it has changed many times over, therefore you need to be specific in either model year or geometry generation. Because if you refer to it by OG Epic everyone is going to assume you mean Version 1, the original, the first.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No.

OG means the first as previously stated and understood by multiple people. Especially when discussing, in this case, a frame with multiple geometry iterations.

For example, the epic, it has changed many times over, therefore you need to be specific in either model year or geometry generation. Because if you refer to it by OG Epic everyone is going to assume you mean Version 1, the original, the first.

So again, find me threads on here where any frame other than the Ripley is referred to as OG.

You haven't posted in a single Ripley discussion except this one and you're going to tell me what we(owners) have been referring too?

Even in the Ripmo threads when talking about V1 and V2 no one is referring to V1 as OG.
    Ripley LS v3

Out spokin'
    So again, find me threads on here where any frame other than the Ripley is refered to as OG.
    Everything else in the universe isn't good enough?
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Everything else in the universe isn't good enough?
    So if everything else in the universe dictates bikes, why aren't all other bike being referred to as OG?
    Ripley LS v3

Out spokin'
    So if everything else in the universe dictates bikes, why aren't all other bike being referred to as OG?
    Could it be because OG is not a bicycle specific term and owners of all other bikes understand what the term means in larger context? We donít all own Ibis bikes, therefore we donít all speak Ibisian. These forums reach a lot of people, a small percentage of whom own Ibis bikes.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    I've heard the V1 referred to as OG numerous times which is why I believed it to be non-boost.

NedwannaB
    Hold on.

Helllllo!👆😁
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

NedwannaB
    I sent you a PM.
    Aww. He should give you the $50 fee as a retainer fee for being his defense lawyer!😋 I keed I keed....
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

I was at a trail head recently and heard a guy refer to a bike as an OG stumpjumper. He was referring to the original version circa 1980 something that his father still had in the garage.

He was using the term OG as in original gangster that the rest of the American culture knows.

Iím sorry that you think a very small group of people dictate how an expression is used, but to the rest of us it means the first iteration.

Besides that, even if it meant original geometry, the first iteration still stands as an option when used as the OP (original poster) used it in the first post.

Furthermore, if what you are calling an OG v2 is indeed just that, how can you call it a v2? A version 2 would have different geo numbers. If not, itís more of an updated v1 ( v1.1) no?

If he knew the v1 was not offered in a boost then he should have known to ask for a specific version or model year.

mtbr member
    In the MTBR tradition of taking things completely off course and of no help to Lane at all...

OG to most people would be "Original Gangster"...which means the first one.

OG as in Original Geometry is the first I've heard. This is probably along the lines of "ID" being associated with rim width...an MTBR thing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    So again, find me threads on here where any frame other than the Ripley is referred to as OG.

You haven't posted in a single Ripley discussion except this one and you're going to tell me what we(owners) have been referring too?

Even in the Ripmo threads when talking about V1 and V2 no one is referring to V1 as OG.
    No one: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%2...orums.mtbr.com

Nov 2015
    If you don't know what OG Ripley means why are you on this thread? OG does mean original geo, and it can mean v1 or 2. But when I said BOOST. That means V2. If you didn't know that, get off this thread. They did make changes to the bike between OG v1 and v2. Just not the geometry. So if you say OG BOOST, that means V2 because v1 wasn't available in boost.

So for the slow people.

OG Ripley Boost means Original geometry Ripley, v2.

Considering that I learned all this from the west coast Ibis rep himself, I'll stick to what the company who manufactured the bike calls it.

Don't some of you have anything better to do than make the dumbest arguments you can think of on the internet?

mtbr member
    If you don't know what OG Ripley means why are you on this thread? OG does mean original geo, and it can mean v1 or 2. But when I said BOOST. That means V2. If you didn't know that, get off this thread. They did make changes to the bike between OG v1 and v2. Just not the geometry. So if you say OG BOOST, that means V2 because v1 wasn't available in boost.

So for the slow people.

Considering that I learned all this from the west coast Ibis rep himself, I'll stick to what the company who manufactured the bike calls it.

Don't some of you have anything better to do than make the dumbest arguments you can think of on the internet?
    So that is what the negative rep button is for!
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

mtbr member
    Haha! This place is Awesome!
    The Last OG!

NedwannaB

So for the slow people.

Whoah, there's that gritty persona we've come to know and admire. You're sure alot more civil in your response in 29r thread looking for a 130 travel XC bike where you've listed over a dozen and a half different bikes(granted all the Ripley versions are listed...).

OG could also mean original generation, and how I perceived it, which didn't have boost, originally. I recanted my statement in here later.

And since your name dropping, I'll get a firsthand narrative from Scott Nichols next time I'm up in the Tahoe area having dinner.
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

Big Mac
    I thought you were banned, because youíre a pr!ck.

NedwannaB
    👆.......
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

Out spokin'
    disciplesofdirt.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

So for the slow people.

Wow, you must be fun at parties...

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by mcam View Post
    Wow, you must be fun at parties...
    Lol. Pretty sure him getting invited to parties is something that happens never.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Lol. Pretty sure him getting invited to parties is something that happens never.

Haha, yeah. Thing is, Ibisians are a typically lighthearted bunch.

Its kind of a prerequisite to owning one

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by mcam View Post
    Haha, yeah. Thing is, Ibisians are a typically lighthearted bunch.

Its kind of a prerequisite to owning one
    👆Ibisians! Hah. Never heard that one. Wonder if Scott N has. Hah.
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by crconsulting View Post
    Haha! This place is Awesome!
    The Last OG!

But, that flourescent color? We'll need to see an id # on frame to confirm as an "OG" OG.😎
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack