bike rider

"New" Mojo lower link

When did Mojos start coming with the redesigned lower link? Mine's an '09 bought in Dec '08. Don't have it with me to check the serial number.
    Keep the Country country.

www.derbyrims.com
    About the time the HD was first shipped, about 6 or 8 months ago.

flow where ever you go
    Side note: The new lower link has much more material in some places but somehow no added weight. Going from old silver to new red, I lost a few grams.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    I got the impression from their interbike video that they'd been shipping a 2nd gen lower link recently and a 3rd gen is in development.... well, in fact, they are on rev. 14 of the Mojo lower link now according to Scot. They really are constantly trying to improve the product. Now, don't start barraging them with nuisance emails about determining the exact rev of the link on your bike and make me regret posting this... If you've got upgrade-itis and your bike is a year old or more... just buy a new one.

Noshortcuts, could you notice any tangible difference in frame stiffness with the new link installed? According to Scot the diff between the last two revisions is not significant, but the difference between current and original is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon
    I got the impression from their interbike video that they'd been shipping a 2nd gen lower link recently and a 3rd gen is in development.... well, in fact, they are on rev. 14 of the Mojo lower link now according to Scot. They really are constantly trying to improve the product. Now, don't start barraging them with nuisance emails about determining the exact rev of the link on your bike and make me regret posting this... If you've got upgrade-itis and your bike is a year old or more... just buy a new one.

Noshortcuts, could you notice any tangible difference in frame stiffness with the new link installed? According to Scot the diff between the last two revisions is not significant, but the difference between current and original is.
    This is why I run a thru-axle with a beefy Hadley hub on the back of my Mojo...
    Last edited by Ob1Hoagie; 11-05-2010 at 01:09 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm running a Saint hub with a Hadley thru bolt and it does stiffen the rear.... I'd call it moderate, but noticeable

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I had the original on my '07 and upgraded to the newest one a few months ago, I didn't notice any difference other than more clearance between it and the swingarm, where I was collecting gravel. It was chewing the hell out of my swingarm, but that area is supposedly super thick and mostly epoxy, so it is fine according to Ibis. Doesn't matter now though bc I broke my swingarm last weekend and just put the new one on last night

mtbr member
    I'm running a Saint hub with a Hadley thru bolt and it does stiffen the rear.... I'd call it moderate, but noticeable
    Yep, I weigh 195 w/gear and I noticed a big difference between a skewer and the thru axle...
    I hope by the time my bearings die that they've added additional "mojo" to that lower link...

Members who have read this thread: 0