Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Ibis

63K views 517 replies 140 participants last post by  TahoeBC 
#1 ·
#239 ·
:madman:I am curious how people can complain about this. Its a 130-150 650 bike, its a 160 26 bike. They pretty much did everything people asked, updated the awesome HD platform and you guys whine like babies. The HD is the best bike in this travel range and they made it better. Its the same travel as the Bronson, better suspension and MUCH more versatile. If they did anything else, that might have taken away from the HD and how that was designed. All of the limitations of the HD were addressed, at least from what I can see. This is the bazooka to a gun fight that they brought to the table.

#276 ·
If there was no previous HD, and this was the original HD release, there would be no *****ing IMO. The versatility of this bike is ****ing ridiculous.
To get the same number of potential bike combinations, other vendors are producing 4-5 different bikes, and then you are stuck with that.
With the HDR we spend $20 on limbo chips, and buy a new shock/fork/wheels and we have an all new bike. That's pretty awesome IMO.

#236 ·
People of the internetz, allow me to say I was the first one thinking "Hmm, only 130mm in the rear, that's too bad."

F**k the noise till you ride something. This bike rules. While I've only ridden with 130mm (140mm X-Fusion Sweep up front)...it simply crushes. I would bring this knife to a gun fight.

Making Friends with the Ibis Mojo HDR 650b from Andrew Whiteford on Vimeo.

Off to work, enjoy the discussion!

Oh- one quick note- re: stealth routing. This is my first time running the Lev, and I am ALL about it. Almost as much as ENVE wheels.:cool:

#324 ·
Jesus some of you guys are impossible to please! While I wasn't pleased that the new mojo HDR wasn't exactly ground breaking, I'm happy because it shows that the design of the bike is still functional and there's absolutely no need to jump on the "super long super slack" band wagon just yet.

I swear some of you fanboys haven't started comparing geos and looked at how similar the ibis is compared to the solo Text Colorfulness White Line Style
Blue Text Colorfulness Line Font

See, similar numbers. And you guys fanboy about the solo/bronson like its the last word on 650b

If you want a slacker bike that's long, get a DH bike.

If you want a bike that climbs, get a XC 29er

If you want a bike that rips, get an HD(R)

if you want all three, get an HDR 650b where there is minimal compromises. Want the bike a little longer? Upsize. Ibis tends to run small. The possibilities are literally endless you dodos.

And if none of the above is what you're looking for in ibis, go to YETI (which is a fantastic company, with long wheeled bikes) and shut up.

If 130mm isn't enough suspension for you hardcore keyboard warriors, then learn how to ride better. You don't see The syndicate boys complaining.

Reactions: nixgame22
#381 ·
Sweet baby Jesus, this thread has turned into troll central!

How the hell can somebody try to compare the Ripley to the HDR? Two totally different target riders...

Do you want a 29" race/trail bike? Go take a look at the Ripley.

Do you want a lightweight 26" race/trail bike? There's the Mojo SL and Mojo SLR.

Do you want a bomb-proof 26" or 27.5" bike that can handle damn near anything? This is the niche for the Mojo HDR.

If none of these are for you (especially the Mojo HDR given the name of this thread), maybe you can go post in another forum where there's something you like better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.