mtbr member
    Oct 2008

More sizing questions on HD purchase

Just like the other thread, i am torn on what size hd to get. I want to run a 160mm fork and a 70mm stem. I just got rid of my 2010 tracer vp and it was a medium. It felt good but i dont have anything to compare it to. I dont do XC but i do trail ride. I will do lots of AM and Super D type riding. Going 1x10 drivetrain and expect to build it up nice and light. I just need some opinions on what you would do if you were my size.

5'10"
    170lbs
    32-33" inseam

Gimme some feedback

and for the people who tell me to demo one of each........try and find one at a lbs to ride. Its impossible.

www.derbyrims.com
    The Mojo HD Large size is about 1/2 way between the Tracer VP Medum and Large. Steering about the same as the TVP set for 160mm rear travel and 160mm fork. Going to a medum HD might be too tight fitting unless you really want a shorter wheelbase and tighter steering than your Tracer had. The Large HD would be more stable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm your size exactly and I run a med, with a 70mm stem. I don't do xc either so a shorter bike suits. I demo'd a large and felt that a 50mm stem would be the max I would run so I figured a med with the option to run 50/70/ and maybe 85 would be fine. Occaisionally I wonder what it would have been like to run a large but most of the time its just super-stoke!

ride your bike
    I'm 5'10", 32-ish inseam, about 200 lbs.

A med demo bike with 70mm stem felt great.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Members who have read this thread: 0