mtbr member

MojoHD Or Morewood - 150

Hi

I currently have a Mojo SL with a Lefty ....

well I have a 150mm 20mmTA Revelation and basicly a whole group set lying around that I want to build onto another bike.

I am using my lightweight SL as my enduro stage race bike, but need somthing for the local trails here.... that can take some bigger hits with more airtime (not to much airtime though)

well I am stuck between a HD (140) and the new Morewood 150 trail bike they will be releasing in Feb next year.

I like the HD as I can run a angle set and set it up for 160mm ? using my 150mm fork???

then again, morewood is local and always good to support the local guys.....

There are no Reviews on the new Morewood, and well... i just cant get enough of the Ibis brand....

So , what would you guys do?

http://www.sicklines.com/2010/09/01/...vot-prototype/

Dropshot Champ!
    that morewood looks pretty sweet. I've yet to hop on a split pivot bike, but man they look like they'll deliver!

Tough call man.

www.derbyrims.com
    Have your ridden a very high monopivot before? Such as the early Superlight/Heckler. Great on smooth trail but lots of pedal kickback on anything rocky. Platform damping could hides some of the reactivity.

Great looking bike otherwise.

Church of the Wheel
    Whoops, double post.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

Church of the Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Have your ridden a very high monopivot before? Such as the early Superlight/Heckler. Great on smooth trail but lots of pedal kickback on anything rocky. Platform damping could hides some of the reactivity.
    But Derby, it's DW! Surely he sprinkled it with his fairy dust.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member

That Morewood looks pretty nice...

I know this is the Ibis forum, but still. That Morewood looks sharp. I emailed Richard asking for more info. Hopefully they get some prototypes here in Asheville.

http://www.morewoodbikes.com/bikes/a...ntain/sukuma/#
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MojoHD Or Morewood - 150-img_6146.jpg  

Last edited by bandit350; 11-10-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: insert picture

holding back the darkness
    That Morewood looks like a Trek Remedy to me....

Sounds to me that you're trying to build a bike around this surplus fork you have, instead of the other way around. If you're into the angles and added burl of the HD 140, go for that. You are in the Ibis forum, and as an HD owner I can tell you that the HD seems to be a great product.
    If you start to jack with the laws of nature, bad things happen. Remember Frankenstein, The Fly, Reanimator, and most recently Splice? Running the HD @ 160 with a 150 fork plus an angleset seems like too many concessions to me. To continue the movie theme, a quote from No Country for Old Men: "You use the One Right Tool for the job".

The Revelation 150 and the HD 140 seems like a solid plan, and probably your best bet IMHO.

Still.... if you're looking for a "bigger" bike to do "bigger" stuff, why not leave the HD at 160, sell that Rev, and get yourself a Lyrik or similar @ 160-170? Same price, same weight for a frame with 10mm "free" travel already included? You already have a 140mm bike... and despite the SL moniker a pretty tough one at that.

OR!! Another option! Get the HD 160, build it with your surplus parts and a new fork. Keep that Revelation to slap on your SL for those "in between days", and enjoy your ever-expanding quiver.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    As mentioned above it should ride alot like a Remedy given the geo & suspension. Personally prefer the HD's DW Link suspension.

Sure sounds like a HD160 and Lyrik DH would be the killer "right tool" for more air and bigger hits but a 1 degree slackening is right up the angleset alley as long as your existing Rev150 is 11/8 and NOT tapered.

Had a chance to try the angleset on an Ibis demo bike and it is slick and should not have any of the wear issues of the K9 reducer cups.

I personally like the stiffness of a tapered fork, 1.5" lower cup and 35mm stanchions when you talk bigger hits and more air.

Members who have read this thread: 0