Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    237

    Mojo SL Reverb Routing

    Anyone setup a reverb on their SL yet? I was wondering what the cable routing would be like. Probably going to pick one up today.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phoenixsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    232
    i have a 1x9 setup, so it was easier.
    The cable is hard to tame, and the cable clips that come with it are not so great.
    You have to have zip ties for the cable guide at the seat post clamp.

    Its the most unclean part on the bike, but it works and you get use to all the new zip ties and kinks i guess. The cable still hasn't 'relaxed' into laying down after oh 2 or 3 months? But it works well.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: getbusyliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by hani1
    Anyone setup a reverb on their SL yet? I was wondering what the cable routing would be like. Probably going to pick one up today.

    Thanks
    I have a different dropper post, so can't help w/ specifics, but I zip-tie my cable to my brake line in a few spots all the way up the top tube. Works fine. Would rather not have the extra cable to deal with, but the tradeoff of having the post is so worth it.

  4. #4
    More Torque
    Reputation: Diesel~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,950
    Here's my solution, which is the result of trying a couple of different configurations.

    The Reverb was a bit slow out of the box, and it got progressively slower, both up and down.

    After shortening the line, I bled the remote end, using SRAM's online instructions, and now it is quite fast. The process was quite easy.

    Thanks to d-bug for goading me into getting a dropper post.

    -D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo SL Reverb Routing-img_8327.jpg  

    Mojo SL Reverb Routing-img_8328.jpg  

    Mojo SL Reverb Routing-img_8329.jpg  


  5. #5
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~
    Here's my solution, which is the result of trying a couple of different configurations.

    The Reverb was a bit slow out of the box, and it got progressively slower, both up and down.

    After shortening the line, I bled the remote end, using SRAM's online instructions, and now it is quite fast. The process was quite easy.

    Thanks to d-bug for goading me into getting a dropper post.

    -D
    Congrats on the post! It's a ride changing device.
    Now we just have to work on that long stem and narrow handle bars

  6. #6
    More Torque
    Reputation: Diesel~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug
    Congrats on the post! It's a ride changing device.
    Now we just have to work on that long stem and narrow handle bars
    I knew I should have cropped that last photo....

    How else am I going to make it up Serpentine?

    -D

  7. #7
    Singletrack Addict!!!
    Reputation: Relayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    905
    Legs man, legs...
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hani1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    237
    Seethe pics below for set up.

    So far the the seat post bracket from RS has stayed put while riding.

    I put tape on either end of the forward cable clip and that keeps it from moving to far up the brake line. It also created a nice effect where the cable curves along side the top tube staying out of the way of my legs and the suspension when the post is lowered.

    For kicks the last pick is to show that I already made the move to wide bars (not shown 90mm stem)
    Attached Images Attached Images       

  9. #9
    More Torque
    Reputation: Diesel~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    Legs man, legs...
    Yeah, I'll have to work on those...

    -D

  10. #10
    Too Much Fun
    Reputation: benja55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,279

    New question here. Any other Reverb on Mojo pics?

    Hi Mojo + Reverb peeps. Anyone else got pics of their setups? Curious to see various options + ideas.

    Thanks!
    - -benja- -

  11. #11
    wjb
    wjb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    29
    Going to get the wife a dropper post for her mojo sl for xmas Has anyone since this was originally posted come up with a clean way to do it?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wired_af's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    48
    If you don't have a front derailleur you can carefully drill out one side of the aluminum cable guides on the frame and route through them. That is what I did and it end up looking like it was meant for that.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by wired_af View Post
    If you don't have a front derailleur you can carefully drill out one side of the aluminum cable guides on the frame and route through them. That is what I did and it end up looking like it was meant for that.

    Yup. That's what I did too.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DH_WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,031

    what i did ... also running 1x10

    Drilled out the front Der cable stop (was very easy to do) and if i need a front der , i just run full housing (want to do the whole bike full cable house when i have time)

    Works perfectly and look so much better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo SL Reverb Routing-img_0547.jpg  

    Mojo SL Reverb Routing-img_0548.jpg  


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doismellbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,349
    Hey DH-WP, I've been considering doing the same thing on my SL, but was concerned about getting a straight shot with the drill bit, or possibly slipping and gouging the top tube... I considered removing the guides and riveting them back on, but that seems kinda fussy. Any advice?

  16. #16
    wjb
    wjb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Going to get the wife a dropper post for her mojo sl for xmas Has anyone since this was originally posted come up with a clean way to do it?
    Unfortunately this bike has a front derailleur so I am trying to figure out the cleanest method for the install

  17. #17
    wjb
    wjb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Hey DH-WP, I've been considering doing the same thing on my SL, but was concerned about getting a straight shot with the drill bit, or possibly slipping and gouging the top tube... I considered removing the guides and riveting them back on, but that seems kinda fussy. Any advice?
    Dremel with a cutter or grinding bit? Put down a few layers of masking tape to protect the top tube.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DH_WP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,031
    @doismellbacon, the metal (aluminium) is really soft, and to be honest i took no care in doing it, took a drill bit at a angle and drilled right though (at a angle and wiggled it until till i was happy, increased the drill bit to make the hole bigger and then filed down some of the the snags. it took all of 5 min to do both ...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: doismellbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,349
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.