Thread: Mojo SL build?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Mojo SL build?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about building up a mojo sl and figured this was the best place for some advice...

This will be my main bike for: fitness, trail riding and generally hooning about in the woods on (small jumps, 2-3ft drops) and I have a few questions:

1. I'm 14st 4lbs, nearer 15st with my camelbak and gear on, am I too heavy for a mojo?

2. I'm not the smoothest of riders and sometimes I'll go past my abilities resulting in the bike and rider parting company occasionally. How do they cope with the odd tumble, my local woods has more than it's share of rocks and I know I will be landing on a couple during the winter season particularly when it's snows. Not too fussed about the odd chip, just worried about the carbon frame holding up.

3. I'm going to be running a fairly robust build with a dual ring & bash, Hope M4s, CrossMax SX, I want a bike that is strong, durable and reasonably light, is there anything I need to know about building one of these up that's different from the norm?

4. I will post up a build thread with all of the components if I decide to go mojo! I've found a great deal on mojo sl frame, are Ibis about to change/release a new frame for 2011?

thanks for any replies,

bt

mtbr member
    Im about 16ish stone with all my kit on and have been riding my SL for a couple of years without issue (with the frame) Im a bit rough with the way I chuck it about and the abuse that it takes from UK winters, I can tell you that the frame is the last of my worries. (pedals and saddles another matter)

Go for it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I was trying to justify spending a crazy amount of money on a new bike! I guess I posted on the right forum LOL

Just ordered a Large white SL for 1599, seemed a bargain! Reduced as it was their showroom frame that's been hanging on the wall.

Can't wait to start building it up with every single component chosen by me, exactly how I want it. Looks like I will have to start a thread with my chosen build bits for discussion, don't think I'm going to get anywhere near the weight of yours though mojo man.

cheers

bt

mtbr member
    Wow what a bargain!

great choice, I guarantee you will love it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    MojoMan -- What are the components on your custom build XL size Mojo SL?

I am also about your size (210 lbs fully geared).

I am trying to build a size XL Mojo SL that comes in around 24lbs.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    What the heck is a Stone?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    What the heck is a Stone?
    1 stone = 14lbs or 6.35kg, old weighing system from ye old days, not used in the UK anymore for anything other than a persons weight.

I'm 14st 4lbs (14x14+4) = 200lbs or 90.9kg - I know it's a crazy system, metric FTW!

mojo_man, I'd be interested in your build as well if you don't mind posting it up?

bt

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Thanks bobtod. I just Wikied it and had a good laugh I'm a stoner 10x!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Members who have read this thread: 0