Thread: Mojo For Sale

mtbr member
    May 2008

Mojo For Sale

Greetings

I want to list my Mojo for sale, but want to be sure this is the proper thread to do so.

Many Thanks.

mtbr member

?

This isn't the classifieds. You made this thread, so I guess it's proper.
    milesW

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I found the classifieds...was looking in the forums. My apologies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceday Keepsakes
    I found the classifieds...was looking in the forums. My apologies.
    No worries, you can show a picture here and get more coverage and put a link to the classifieds.
    milesW

mtbr member
    May 2008

2008 Mojo SX Medium, Black Carbon

Ok, here are the images of my 2008 Mojo SX. I wasn't able to upload them into the photo uploader of the classified ad.

If you would like to see an image of a specific area, let me know and I'll take the image and get it posted.

Here is a link to the ad - https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...?product=57813

Proud lame eBiker
    Thing looks mint. Why are you selling?
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks...I need to purchase a wood burning stove for winter.

mtbr member
    Nice bike, fair deal. Someone will snatch it up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yeah, no kidding, wish this had been up a year ago, I bought pretty much the same bike with X9 for $2700 with slightly nicer wheels, would have bought this in an instant.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Im druuling. I'm in Cleveland too. I'm strapped for money though. I might able to afford one on income tax return.
    Ride, crash, ride again.

Happy Trails

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It's still available.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    For anyone interested, I will give the serial number in a PM, for you to cross reference with Cal Coast Bicycles. They will verify that I do own this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Last Wednesday evening, I thought I had a serious buyer for my Mojo. Turned out to be a scammer. Not sure if it's forum member or not. He informed me that everything looked good, and he was sending me a paypal payment, plus extra fees so that could send his shipping agent the shipping fees via western union. I should have known, but I guess being excited about the sale, I thought I was doing a favor for someone with a busy schedule. He even sent fake paypal emails, stating my funds would soon post to my account.

After contacting paypal myself, I realized I'd been scammed out of $220.00. He continues to send me emails asking why I am "silent". I have saved the fake emails for future reference to prove my legitimacy.

I was a little concerned with posting this message. I haven't participated on this forum, except to list my bike, concerned that I could be viewed as a scam artist myself. I hope anyone viewing this, or my classified ad will see that it is a legitimate ad. If there is anything I can do to further prove my validation, let me know.

Anyway, I thought I better post this before the scam artist made an attempt to possibly post a false statement against my reputation, or his fake interest/transaction.

- Jim

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thats a classic scam...Ive never had it done to me though.

Best of luck when you get a real buyer!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sale is pending.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sold

Bike Addiction
    I am curious how he scammed you out of the $220.00? I don't know much about paypal. I can pay with but haven't sold anything yet. Just want to know so maybe myself and others won't get bit. I hope you can get your money back.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    It might seem a bit rude but seeing as there is a thread here and the bike has sold Ill shamelessly shoot in here.

My MojoSL is also for sale, if there are an aussies that want a heavily reduced showbike in mint condition then by all means drop me a PM
    Custom "Carbon fetish" Ibis Mojo SL - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=555199 - 10.2Kg and dropping

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I explained it pretty much how it happened in the above post. Made sure not to leave out any details so no one would think I was trying to pull a fast one.

mtbr member
    From his description, he sent shipping fees via Western union before he ever received the funds from the buyer via paypal. It sounds like it is a new variant of the classic check fraud as described here:
    http://www.fraud.org/tips/internet/fakecheck.htm

Bike Addiction
    Didn't catch that Race and Mordor. I'm slow but at least I'm consistantly slow. If everyone in this world were honest it would be a great place to live. Unfortunately we have to deal with jerks everywhere. Rant over.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    It might seem a bit rude but seeing as there is a thread here and the bike has sold Ill shamelessly shoot in here.

My MojoSL is also for sale, if there are an aussies that want a heavily reduced showbike in mint condition then by all means drop me a PM
    Make sure you post a classified or the moderators will delete your post.

Members who have read this thread: 0