Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mojo HD3 Picture and Build Thread

405K views 2K replies 301 participants last post by  macduff 
#1 ·
New bike means time for a new sticky thread! Here's my build, waiting on delivery of frame in December.

Frame: HD3, Large, Blue
Fork: Pike RCT3 160mm
Wheels: Chris King (red) and Derby Rims built by MikeSee (LaceMine29.com)
Tires: Schwalbe Rock Razor and Magic Mary Super Gravity
Brakes: Hope E4 Black 203F 183R
Cranks: RaceFace Next DM 32T
Rear Derailleur: XX1
Shift Lever: XX1
Cassette: XX1
Headset: Chris King I2 Red
Grips: ESI Racers Edge
Handlebars: RaceFace SixC 35
Stem: RaceFace Atlas 35
Seatpost: KS Lev Integra 150mm
Saddle: Chromag Moon

Everything but the Magic Marys (i'll run HRIIs till they come in), wheels and frame is ready to go.

What does everyone else have in the plans?

See less See more
#635 ·
Great break in ride. I have to agree with all the reviews this thing is a whole different beast than the last HD. She really loves to pop off every little trail obstacle and traction is insane. I climbed everything today even though I'm total out of cycling shape and was too lazy to swap out my rear wheel with my winter knobbies...kept my Ralph's on. Still trying to work the fit cockpit wise. I went down 20mm on the stem with the HD3 vs the HD and still not sure if that was the right move...thinking I need a 70mm vs 60mm.

#638 ·
Here's mine:) Waiting on some Goodridge brake lines, some anodizing work, and small parts. Should be ready to ride by next week!
Had to pose my 1st gen, 2nd gen, and my Cotic HT

Attachments

#643 ·
yes, seat post collar, maxle and downtube protector (which is 50g not 150g like sbd mentioned some time back).
on a more acurate scale 3033g including that front dereilleur mount.
size XL.

#660 ·
I can't believe that not one person has posted a Special Blend HD3 (possible that I missed it somewhere in the 27 pages of this thread). All of these higher end builds look amazing, but I just couldn't stretch my budget any further. I am still super excited. I should have it next week.

#661 ·
It will be an awesome bike! I had the X-fusion Slant on my last bike and that fork is probably the best bang for the buck you can find (new). Only issues I had was getting that footnut to break loose when trying to change the travel. If you plan on doing your own oil/wiper changes, a SRAM chainring bolt for a double crank will save you a lot of headache! I Stripped the thread off the nut on the damper side trying to get the lowers off... lesson learned. :madman: Luckily the material of the nut is weaker than that of the damper. X-fusion sent me a new nut and I was on my way again.

Otherwise I think the only thing I am used to now are wider handlebars. Have fun! show us your build!:thumbsup:

#667 ·
Went with a lighter weight trail build, for all day epic rides. Large frame, CC inline, XF Sweep, xt brakes, rotors, shifter & derailleur, XTR 1x10 (e13 42t), RF next crankset & 30t, ENVE bars & haven stem, reverb 125mm & SDG carbon circuit, Derby rims on Hope Pros, Spec Purgatory & GC tires. 27lbs on the nose.

Spoke Rim Bicycle Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire

Attachments

#668 ·
Went with a lighter weight trail build, for all day epic rides. Large frame, CC inline, XF Sweep, xt brakes, rotors, shifter & derailleur, XTR 1x10 (e13 42t), RF next crankset & 30t, ENVE bars & haven stem, reverb 125mm & SDG carbon circuit, Derby rims on Hope Pros, Spec Purgatory & GC tires. 27lbs on the
Looks good! Do you have much time on it? How's the sweep, and are you running it at 150 or 160mm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.