mtbr member
    May 2009

Mojo HD Seat Tube

HI folks,

I am looking at a Mojo HD, size medium and was wondering if any of the current owners knew of any seatpost issues with regards to length. I am unfortunately a serial seatpost mover, yes I know I shouldn't, and like to get the seat nice and low for jumps and more challenging terrain. My main concern is where the upper link is located on the seat tube which may stop the seatpost going down fully.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD Seat Tube-4655-19211-full-mojo_hd_white_2010-59.jpg  

mtbr member
    I would highly reccomend getting a remote adjustable seatpost like the KSi950 or something like it. After putting one on my bike, I could not imagine ever riding without one.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have been looking at them too but it will have to wait if I purchase such an expensive frame. Just concerned I won't be able to fully drop the seat if the pivot is in the way. Would the i950 go all the way into the seat tube? I think they are around 385mm.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by ftr1873
    I have been looking at them too but it will have to wait if I purchase such an expensive frame. Just concerned I won't be able to fully drop the seat if the pivot is in the way. Would the i950 go all the way into the seat tube? I think they are around 385mm.
    The 385mm is probably total length. Subtract 125 from that and you'll get post length with the seat in the down position.
    What YOU will need to make sure of is that you have about 7.5 inches between the top of the seat tube and the seat rails in order to use a KS 5" post. Run with a regular post to get the measurements and go from there. The 5" post is awesome, but only if it will physically fit. Mine has about 1/8" of available post left. It's a very tight fit. I can only make it work by running a thin seat like the Specialized toupe. Most other seat are taller and the KS post would then be too long for me to run on the bike.

aka dan51
    I took a look down the seat tube the other day. It looks like the link mount may protrude into the seat tube area, but it does minimally. I think if you ran a 27.2 post with a shim you'd be able to get the post down past that area. I was able to stick a long 27.2 post all the way down without a problem. YMMV

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I spoke to Hans @ Ibis and he measured it for me directly, there not many companies where a main man would do that!! 9.5" he says, which should be enough so getting one for a test ride. But that's an interesting concept using the skinny seat post, I'll look at that option if I'm struggling.

Members who have read this thread: 0