mtbr member
    Feb 2008

MOJO Hd Sag in mm?

Hi guys, i have had a search but could not find the recommended sag settings for the mojo HD.

I know it is 30% but as you know leverage ratios play a part here and it might not just be 30% of the shocks stroke length. If anyone has an idea as to what 30% of sag corresponds with in mm it would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    sag is measured as a percentage of travel, so 30% of shock stroke is pretty close and the only variable to that that I know of is if you are not achieving full travel. You can test this by letting all the air out of the shock then compressing the rear end until it reaches the end of its travel (don't force it). You may then have a few mm of shock stroke that are "unused" so subtract them from your calculation. ie 50mm stroke minus 3 mm is 47mm. Then calculate 30% of 47mm which is 14.1mm. The same whould be done with forks, don't assume that they use all of the exposed stanchion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

18.6mm

The spec shock travel length for the HD is 62mm, so 30% sag is about 19mm.

Remember to be dressed for riding when you set your pressure, or you will end up with more sag than expected.

Members who have read this thread: 0