mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Mojo HD in BLACK shipping?

I'm waiting for a MOJO HD in black. I've read some rumors on here that they have only shipped like 8 of these or something? Is anybody (besides the 2 in the HD build thread) getting delivery of their black HD's? Is there a problem with this color (HANS?). I'm wondering if I should give up and go white. I really don't want to though as the black suits me best.
    Just wondering how many of us are waiting for them and how many of us are ACTUALLY getting them. I'm told my wait could be anywhere from January to March.
    Thanks in advance!

mtbr santa cruz member
    Nov 2005
    A black HD was shipped with my white HD. They were both ordered last november.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Im waiting for a black HD since mid July, i'd like to know for how long i must wait.
    Tanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Regarding HDs, we're shipping quite a lot of them (all colors, including black) now in the medium and large sizes. It's been slow on the small and XL but should pick up soon.

If you want to reduce the wait, generally white and green will reduce the wait by a couple of months and in some cases can be shipped right away or in a few days.

H

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    thaks! for the fast answer Hans, im waiting for a medium, plese send some to spain!

mtbr member
    I ordered my wife a black Mojo HD in July which was supposed to ship this month. Last week in Moab my wife saw a white w/blue links Mojo SL and said "that's the color I want when I get an HD" Luckily her new one hadn't shipped and my lbs called Ibis and changed the order. The white will be here next week,,,,but she won't know until Christmas.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the answer Hans! Maybe the problem is that most orders are for Black and therefore they can't keep up? That's understandable if that's the case. I have a Large Black with Black links frame only on order......

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Picked up my matte black HD today. FINALLY!!!!! I ordered it in July.

Thank you Hans for your email assistance last weekend!

mtbr member
    I've had a large black HD on order for damn near 6 months. I'm getting to the point of considering looking at other frame options if it doesn't get here by the end of October. I made the mistake of selling my other long travel bike right after I placed the order for my Mojo HD. HUGE mistake! C'mon Ibis, you're killin me here!
    Evil Insurgent/Purple Hope Hubs.Brakes.Pedals/35mm 12k LB Wheels

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Why not change the frame color to white or green and get one quicker as Hans recommended? Color isn't that big of a deal if you are without a bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider
    Why not change the frame color to white or green and get one quicker as Hans recommended? Color isn't that big of a deal if you are without a bike.
    Gee whiz, that never occurred to me

mtbr member
    Hans, was there a problem with QC @ the factory for the matte black HD's or something? Just seems like an insanely long wait time for these; even for those that have had them ordered for the better part of a year... once it finally gets here I might have a stroke haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarson
    Hans, was there a problem with QC @ the factory for the matte black HD's or something? Just seems like an insanely long wait time for these; even for those that have had them ordered for the better part of a year... once it finally gets here I might have a stroke haha
    If you look at a theard by Hans, you'll see the black color was not approaved until recently (the other colors were all shipping). Stunned that people who order last november are just getting them now (post above). I wouldn't be that patient....

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If the color wasn't approved, they shouldn't have taken orders for it. At the least, they could have said something like....."We have plans to produce a Matt Black Carbon frame. It is not yet in production, but you're welcome to pre-order this color."
    Seems like people were under the impression that they'd get it as fast as any other color but I don't know that. They did tell my dealer when I ordered that there would be a lengthy wait for Black so I knew up front.
    All I know is that I want my bike!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    There's a matte black up in Briarcliff, NY. Couldnt tell you the size tho.
    Ibis 2012 SL-R
    Ibis 2010 Mojo SL
    Fat City Cycles 93' Yo Eddy!
    Fat City Cycles 91' Wicked Fat Chance
    DB 89' Ascent EX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voyeur
    There's a matte black up in Briarcliff, NY. Couldnt tell you the size tho.
    Thank you so much. I was able to contact them and swoop on it (it was a large)! Canceled my other order at Cambria that has been in since June....

Members who have read this thread: 0