Mojo HD/1x10/XTR Shadow Plus/Upper Chainring Guide only Combo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Mojo HD/1x10/XTR Shadow Plus/Upper Chainring Guide only Combo

I've been looking around online and while there is a lot of love for the XTR Shadow Plus there isn't much info re guys running a Mojo HD/1x10 drive train/upper chain ring guide only/XTR Shadow Plus combo.

Good idea or not? Trying it out for myself.

I opted to modify my Mini G2, trimming the alloy boomerang to drop off the skid and lower pulley guide, leaving me an uber robust and clean upper guide. Any excuse to destroy something with an angle grinder!

Here are a couple of pics below, More info at:
    MRP Mini-G2 Mod | 1x10 | Digital Hippie

First impressions: AWESOME. QUIET. Clean. Simple. Snappy, exact shifting. No probs so far with chain.

Also something Mojo HD riders running the older Mini G2 might want to check - when I removed the Mini G2 there was some scoring on the nearby bolt and pivot. It turns out the bolt to hold the upper guide on the Mini G2 is fractionally too long, and had been digging into the pivot and bolt as the rear suspension compressed. While the angle grinder was running hot I shortened the bolt too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo HD/1x10/XTR Shadow Plus/Upper Chainring Guide only Combo-1x10-custom-3.jpg  

Mojo HD/1x10/XTR Shadow Plus/Upper Chainring Guide only Combo-1x10-custom-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thats really neat, Pete. Nice work. I hope to get fit enough to switch to 1x10 in the future on my HD and this was likely the way I would do it, though I'd retain the bashguard personally.

From romour mills i've been reading (yeah I shouldn't be!) it sounds like Shimano are bringing the "Plus" tech to Saint & SLX for next season (yeah still a little while off yet but the signs are good). SRAM are also said to be bringing a similar system to the market, so I really think the hydraulic damped mech + top guide will be a very popular 1x10 setup in 2013.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=starship303;8892891]Thats really neat, Pete. Nice work. I hope to get fit enough to switch to 1x10 in the future on my HD and this was likely the way I would do it, though I'd retain the bashguard personally.

From romour mills i've been reading (yeah I shouldn't be!) it sounds like Shimano are bringing the "Plus" tech to Saint & SLX for next season (yeah still a little while off yet but the signs are good). SRAM are also said to be bringing a similar system to the market, so I really think the hydraulic damped mech + top guide will be a very popular 1x10 setup in 2013.

*[/QUOTE

Heya thanks.

Yeah agree, Plus is bound to grow, which is great. I've been itching to try it since it was released, couldn't wait for it to trickle down... plus dang, the shifting with the XTR is much slicker vs my XT derailleur. How much of it is due to the Plus vs the XTR, hard to say. Either way, super shifting.

I would've liked to have kept the skid too, don't use it often but would rather have it there. With the amount that would need to be removed due to the chain line I ended up thinking it would just be better to remove the skid entirely and see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Are you using a long cage or short cage shadow plus? Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    What crankset / chainring combo are you running that moved the chain line in so far that you couldn't use the bash guard?

I am thinking about doing a 1x10 setup on my Mojo SL and was considering the Ibis/MRP Mojo bash/guide setup.