Mojo 4 - where are you?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Mojo 4 - where are you?

After test riding the HD5 (loved it), Iím dreaming of a Mojo 4 to replace my Mojo 3. I sized down the HD5 for my demo loop and it felt great, pedaled well, was not floppy even at the slack 64.2 HTA, soaked up rock gardens like a magic carpet and handled better than any 29er can.

That said, I still feel the HD5 is too much bike given I hit the bike park once or twice a year and my Mojo 3 has been fine. Iíll ride my Mojo for moderate XC to bike park. Anything smoother gets tackled by my gravel bike.

Whatís the current rumor mill on Mojo 4? Ė everything else in the line up been updated already. So I think Mojo 4 150/130 travel, 65.5 HTA, 76STA might just be the perfect bike for meÖ.actually 77STA is better after trying the Yetis, but I can live with 76.

mtbr member
    Does it get made? Shorter-travel 27.5 seems like a limited market at this point.

Ibis is working on a big domestic carbon project right? Presumably to build a new frame in the US? Personally I'm hoping that's for an Ibis XC bike, but I have no info...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Does it get made? Shorter-travel 27.5 seems like a limited market at this point.

Ibis is working on a big domestic carbon project right? Presumably to build a new frame in the US? Personally I'm hoping that's for an Ibis XC bike, but I have no info...
    29er are the hype, but not everyone loves them...especially shorter folks like me. I tried both the new Ripley and Ripmo. Good bikes, but still like the M3 and HD5 better.

For XC - just get a Ripley frame and built it up for XC - XC wheels and tires, StepCast or SID fork, good to go.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post
    29er are the hype, but not everyone loves them...especially shorter folks like me. I tried both the new Ripley and Ripmo. Good bikes, but still like the M3 and HD5 better.

For XC - just get a Ripley frame and built it up for XC - XC wheels and tires, StepCast or SID fork, good to go.
    Ripley's not an XC bike, no matter what wheels, tires or fork you use. I have one, and I LOVE it, but it's not an XC bike. Too long, too slack, too much bike for true XC.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    There is no hurry! My beloved HD3 has still at least 2-4 years in it (if not more) and if they get a Mojo 4 out in a couple of years it would be perfect timing!

Personally I could not care less about the STA or HTA but a slimmer Mojo would be welcome: 150/135 with a weight of 5.2-5.5 pounds would be nice, just to be in the ballpark of what the Mojo Classic/SL used to be.
    Last edited by Davide; 12-12-2019 at 08:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    Ripley's not an XC bike, no matter what wheels, tires or fork you use. I have one, and I LOVE it, but it's not an XC bike. Too long, too slack, too much bike for true XC.
    Sure. Ibis has the DV9. I don't think they ever had a XC race bike like Spark, Epic, Procaliber. I sure hope the update to the Mojo 4 before they try to make a XC race bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Anyone compared the Mojo3 to a Ripley 4? I have a Mojo3 which I love. I need a new bike. My gut says just order another Mojo3 but my brain says try a Ripley first. Unfortunately it will cost me $95 to demo one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgebiker View Post
    Anyone compared the Mojo3 to a Ripley 4? I have a Mojo3 which I love. I need a new bike. My gut says just order another Mojo3 but my brain says try a Ripley first. Unfortunately it will cost me $95 to demo one.
    I did. The Ripley 4 is fun and great climber, but for me whatever advantage the 29er gave to rollover it gave up in suspension harshness. If you look at the suspension tune on the V4 vs V3 and the M3 it's more progressive. Some people like that, some people don't. It might do better with the Traction Tune if you request it on order. That definitely made the HD5 feel alive yet plush for a long travel bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I did. The Ripley 4 is fun and great climber, but for me whatever advantage the 29er gave to rollover it gave up in suspension harshness. If you look at the suspension tune on the V4 vs V3 and the M3 it's more progressive. Some people like that, some people don't. It might do better with the Traction Tune if you request it on order. That definitely made the HD5 feel alive yet plush for a long travel bike.
    i dont feel my v4 is harsh, in fact it feels smoother than my HD3 in almost everything but very rough fast sections, as obviously there is limit to what 120mm can handle. it is probably matter of setup, but i think v4 suspension is very supple and gives pretty smooth ride. i originally had fox dps perf. that was quite fine then i got mcleod and it is even better, especially rougher fast sections.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    How does more progressive vs linear effect the ride? I had a partial wrist fusion so a plush ride is very important to me. The Mojo 3 is perfect for the wrist with plus sized tires. Canít sacrifice on the plushness. Sounding like I should just go ahead and order another Mojo3. Any other opinions on the plushness of the Mojo3 vs Ripley?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Harsh is a relative term in comparison to my Mojo 3. Ripley V4 is not a harsh ride at all, but from my test ride noticeably harsher than my Mojo 3, that's all. Very fun and capable bike, but I still haven't found a 29er I love - I've tried quite a few all the new stuff Ripley V4, Ripmo, 29 Stumpy, SB130, SB150, SB100, and Hightower.

As for progressive vs. linear vs. regressive. For me the progressive-regressive tune of the M3 makes it very poppy, supportive and fun but still supportive enough for larger hits.

If the issue is with your wrists/arms, it's unlikely rear suspension will have a huge effect either way. It will be as you mention Plus tires, front fork, and bars setup that will make the biggest difference. OR just get the HD5 - more plush all-around...and still can pedal uphill well.

mtbr member
    I'm also waiting to see what the MOJO 4 looks like. I have a mojo 3 and have decided its a little short for me, but otherwise love it. I went from an OG Mojo HD to a OG ripley to the M3. The ripley was great climber, but felt rough and a little sketchy going down (although my strave times going down where actually faster then HD in many places). But what realy sold me on the M3 was how much more fun and nimble it was. And more supple. From reading the reviews the ripley sounds a little slack and tight for my taste. I am going to try to demo the Ripley v4, The Pivot Trail429 Enduro (this bike sounds sweet if it corners well) and waiting to see what the M4 holds - hopefully a longer TT, and not a lower BB.

jrm
    mtbr member
    right now Im thinking that @ 5'.8.5"s Id build up a large mojo 3 with a 150mm 36 and 2.5/2.3 tires just might be the all day capable trail bike im seeking. The ripleys real attractive, but i have a better history on 650b then i do 29" wheels

My cup runneth over
    Almost 3 years on my M3 and I still love it. It really supports my (slow) technical progression. I still like the plus tires (2.8s) on it - hopefully that doesn't go away with a future M4. Maybe slacker front end and steeper ST to keep up with the current trend?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    right now Im thinking that @ 5'.8.5"s Id build up a large mojo 3 with a 150mm 36 and 2.5/2.3 tires just might be the all day capable trail bike im seeking. The ripleys real attractive, but i have a better history on 650b then i do 29" wheels
    Try a fast tire on the back. On my HD3 150/150 I tried all combinations of Nobby Nic 2.35, 2.6 and Rocket Ron 2.25, 2.6. By far the best combination is Nobby Nic 2.6 front and Rocket Ron 2.6 rear. The front is ultra solid and forgiving, the bike feels like is on rails, acceleration is very similar to RR 2.25 rear and much better than NN in any size in the rear. No real need to go any smaller than this combination 2.6/2.6.

And if you are thinking Mojo 3 with 150 in front I would really consider a HD3 150/150 ... you can still find them around.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Anyone try a 2.8 in the front and 2.6 in the rear? The 2.8 would keep the pressure off my wrist while the 2.6 would speed up the back. Would that effect geometry much?

mtbr member
    The problem might be the standover / seat tube length and how long a dropper post you can fit. I'm 5'7.5 and have a medium M3 and need a 125 dropper post. The medium ripely has a longer reach then the large M3 and 100mm shorter seat tube.

looking at Ibis website on sizing
    Reach on M3
    Medium - 424
    Large - 441
    Reach on Riply v4
    Medium - 450
    Large - 475.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    The problem might be the standover / seat tube length and how long a dropper post you can fit. I'm 5'7.5 and have a medium M3 and need a 125 dropper post. The medium ripely has a longer reach then the large M3 and 100mm shorter seat tube.

looking at Ibis website on sizing
    Reach on M3
    Medium - 424
    Large - 441
    Reach on Riply v4
    Medium - 450
    Large - 475.
    Height is the issue for me with 29ers at the same height. I think i'm overbooked with my HD3, but only cause its not as poppy and fun as the OG Ripley and what I presume the M3 would be like. I might consider an M4 upgrade assuming all my goods fit (Ie no super boost or move to 34 post)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgebiker View Post
    Anyone try a 2.8 in the front and 2.6 in the rear? The 2.8 would keep the pressure off my wrist while the 2.6 would speed up the back. Would that effect geometry much?
    I tried a NN 2.6 front with NN 2.35/2.25 rear or RR 2.25 rear. The geometry is not effected significantly by any combination, probably because the difference in OD is at most a few millimeters.

However what makes a difference in "speeding up" the bike is not so much the tire diameter, but the tire. I cannot really tell much of a difference in "speeding up" the bike when I use a NN rear in any size, but I can with the RR.

Besides real, or imagined, speed gains due to tire width, the bike does feel less balanced when turning (especially at speed) with any non-equal combination. I am right now settled in with 2.6 NN/2.6 RR, and I see really no reason to put a smaller tire in the back.

I used to run my Mojo Classic with 2.5/2.5, and after ten years here I am with 2.6/2.6 ... what goes around ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Comparing reach with old and new geo bikes is not useful. The steep STA forces a longer reach on new bikes. A better comparison is ETT.

mtbr member
    Comparing reach with old and new geo bikes is not useful. The steep STA forces a longer reach on new bikes. A better comparison is ETT.
    I would disagree - for me.I get a professional fitting and my optimal seat position is based around my bottom bracket. They will actually run the numbers to see how I fit on a bike before I purchase. So on old geometry my seat would sit further forward on the rails then with a steeper sta - but still in same position relative to the bottom bracket. Therefore reach (measurement Fromm BB to head tube seems most relevant. But I know not everyone gets fitted the same way and i could be wrong as most of my study of geometry is from studying the diagrams on websites.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    I would disagree - for me.I get a professional fitting and my optimal seat position is based around my bottom bracket. They will actually run the numbers to see how I fit on a bike before I purchase. So on old geometry my seat would sit further forward on the rails then with a steeper sta - but still in same position relative to the bottom bracket. Therefore reach (measurement Fromm BB to head tube seems most relevant. But I know not everyone gets fitted the same way and i could be wrong as most of my study of geometry is from studying the diagrams on websites.
    So what you say is true, but the problem with that is you are negating the benefits of modern geometry.

Here's the thing. Modern geometry does NOT optimize pedaling position for flat ground, it optimizes for inclined climbing imagine the 2-3 deg steeper STA is offset by 2-3 deg incline. THAT is your optimal pedaling position for a modern geometry bike. Flat ground pedaling would as a side effect be suboptimal. That is why some folks that ride mostly flat or rolling terrain and buy a modern geo bike tend to be more likely to complain about the fit/feel of one.

What that means for traditional bike fit techniques? Honestly I'm not sure, but I argue that bike fit should be done at incline rather than flat ground for modern geo bike.

mtbr member
    So what you say is true, but the problem with that is you are negating the benefits of modern geometry.

Here's the thing. Modern geometry does NOT optimize pedaling position for flat ground, it optimizes for inclined climbing imagine the 2-3 deg steeper STA is offset by 2-3 deg incline. THAT is your optimal pedaling position for a modern geometry bike. Flat ground pedaling would as a side effect be suboptimal. That is why some folks that ride mostly flat or rolling terrain and buy a modern geo bike tend to be more likely to complain about the fit/feel of one.

What that means for traditional bike fit techniques? Honestly I'm not sure, but I argue that bike fit should be done at incline rather than flat ground for modern geo bike.
    Interesting. I have often thought about the next time I get fit to have them fit me with a simulated 5 deg incline and see how that affects my positioning. (My fitter has a stationary stand and can simulate those things)

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    BTW, FWIW for each deg of STA it's about 1/2" @ 28" saddle height. Those are the offsets you are seeing reach 25-40mm.

mtbr member

"Modern" geometry when it comes to SA is actually a bit of a here-we-go-again-with-an-industry-driven-tempest-in-a-tea-pot.

First, indeed a lot of riders might not find a steeper SA to their liking. Because of where they ride OR, more importantly in my opinion, because of their body geometry.

Second, saddles have a lot of adjustment and if your saddle is not already in the most forward position a steeper SA might not really be good for much ... on my HD3 the saddle is about 2 cm from the most forward position, and I do not like it any more forward than that ... and I have no need to have a bike with steeper SA. If I get a new bike with such a SA I might have to move the saddle further back.

And lastly, other than buying/producing new frames with steeper SA it would be much easier to produce/buy either saddles with longer rails or seat posts with forward mounts. The effect would be identical. Road bikes do ... with no need of "modern" SA geometry.
    Mojo 4 - where are you?-onecol.jpg

mtbr member
    So I think Mojo 4 150/130 travel, 65.5 HTA, 76STA .
    65.5* HTA and the bike is no longer playful.... which is the best characteristic of the Mojo 3. If they do update the bike, I hope they don't change it that drastically because it's not needed just to "keep up with the Joneses".

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    65.5* HTA and the bike is no longer playful.... which is the best characteristic of the Mojo 3. If they do update the bike, I hope they don't change it that drastically because it's not needed just to "keep up with the Joneses".
    Maybe. Honestly I haven't spent enough time on slack bikes to make a good call here. My short time on the HD5 it felt plenty playful and poppy, but agree it's wasn't quite enough time. But I do think the Mojo 3 can be slacker for rough/steep stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Today I demoed a Ripley. My normal bike is a Mojo3 with 2.8 tires. The Ripley had 2.5 Maxxis so not a perfect comparison. I road the bike in the Caroll Canyon area of Sedona. Lots of rock and some good climbs. The Ripley was different than I expected, both good and bad.

The Front end of the Ripley was much easier to push around than I expected. The bike did not feel long. I could make tight switch backs. I would say the two bikes were equal on switch backs.

On rocky descents the Mojo was definitely more stable and plush. This could have been the difference in tires or the greater suspension on the Mojo. I definitely preferred the Mojo3 with wider tires to the Ripley on descents.

On smooth climbs with small rocks and roots the Ripley felt great. However, I did not feel any advantage when going up square edged rocks. I thought that was where the Ripley would shine over the Mojo. But it did not. This may have been just not knowing the bike well.

The difference in fit was the most surprising. Despite the longer reach, the Ripley cockpit felt tighter. I felt like I was mostly stuck to one position vs on the Mojo where I can more freely move around the cockpit. I also felt like I was riding above the bike vs within the bike. This is another reason I felt more comfortable on descents with the Mojo. My setter of gravity was lower.

I think I would get use to the Ripley given more time. I could probably learn to love it. But I loved the Mojo3 day one. Just fits me better.

jrm
    mtbr member
    the latest ibis rumor mill tidbit is that ibis will reveal a revised ripmo. But the ripmo is only 2 years old...when the mojo is like 4 or 5 w/o any revision. How about a mojo IV that could run both 27.5 or 29" wheels with 130mm of travel w/ a traction option, a ~66 HA and ~76 SA.....

Take my money NOW...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I am also waiting for the Mojo4. Hopefully they make it a bit bigger than the Mojo3.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Only medium (one color), large, XL left for M3. I'm wondering if M4 will be all in-house...

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Anyone hear any more news about a Mojo 4 release?
    Last edited by dirtberms; 04-29-2020 at 07:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Looking at their ordering site they are just about out of MJ3's so it should have been soon or out already. But due to this crap I'm sure they are held back releasing it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Could AwesomeMTB and Hannah just have teased the Mojo 4 in the their vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6GYxlcI64

If you pause at the right time before they blur it out, looks like a white/grey mojo 3/HD5 shaped frame...

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    That is definitely the Mojo4!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtberms View Post
    That is definitely the Mojo4!
    Yup. A white or light grey would be cool. Iíve been thinking about downgrading my HD3 (Or upgrading??).

jrm
    mtbr member
    Maybe...looking at what shes grabbing in order to lift the frame from the box..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo 4 - where are you?-mojo-4.jpg  

JAK
    mtbr member
    Why not learn how to ride better? More slack, etc doesn't make anyone a better rider. It's fairly simple. A sound foundation will go a lot further and can be be transferred from bike to bike, just like the rider, just get on it and rip away.
    Bikes rarely hold people back compared to their skills. Skills improvements are free and will generate smiles with a different quality.
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Why not learn how to ride better? More slack, etc doesn't make anyone a better rider. It's fairly simple. A sound foundation will go a lot further and can be be transferred from bike to bike, just like the rider, just get on it and rip away.
    Bikes rarely hold people back compared to their skills. Skills improvements are free and will generate smiles with a different quality.
    Boooo.

JAK
    mtbr member
    Not really, it'll be fun for ya! I know it's oldschool but you might also get a better idea of what is going on underneath you. One thing for sure is it won't hurt you and we humans can be pretty good at adapting ourselves instead of changing our environment/toys. It just takes a little work and maybe a dose of humility here and there.
    Night has fallen.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockMTB View Post
    Boooo.
    I cannot agree more with JAK!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide View Post
    I cannot agree more with JAK!
    I agree also. I am admittedly a gear head, but I also feel its worth taking as long a break a one can from buying new shit to 1. learn how much you really do like your bike 2. How well you actually know your bike and what it does well 3. (and most importantly) learn why it is you like to bike in the first place!

I was just giving a little tongue in cheek jab at his suggesting we don't get a new bike

JAK
    mtbr member
    I didn't suggest you knot get a new bike. Tongue outside my cheek and flubbering!
    Night has fallen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    so coming from someone looking specifically at XC/Marathon, I would love if the Mojo turned into a XC29er....
    Not it's original intent, I know, but I would love a 100mm Ripley built around a 120 fork
    an Ibis Epic Evo
    I've missed my V4 Ripley since selling to my homie but my Occam has the trail bike firmly locked down....like JKW said, it slots really nicely between a ripley and Ripmo.

to be honest, my sb100 was insane. I think I had my best run down black mntn in pisgah, the SI was a nightmare....I've been wanting to replace that bike since I unloaded it, an Ibis/DW SB100, epic evo would be siiiiick

or you can just put a 120 for on a Ripley right?
    ok, enough obsessing....peace

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by velez3000 View Post
    so coming from someone looking specifically at XC/Marathon, I would love if the Mojo turned into a XC29er....
    Not it's original intent, I know, but I would love a 100mm Ripley built around a 120 fork
    an Ibis Epic Evo
    I've missed my V4 Ripley since selling to my homie but my Occam has the trail bike firmly locked down....like JKW said, it slots really nicely between a ripley and Ripmo.

to be honest, my sb100 was insane. I think I had my best run down black mntn in pisgah, the SI was a nightmare....I've been wanting to replace that bike since I unloaded it, an Ibis/DW SB100, epic evo would be siiiiick

or you can just put a 120 for on a Ripley right?
    ok, enough obsessing....peace
    Can't imagine how much worse the Rip V4 would have been with a 120 on the front.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Regarding the bike in the AwesomeMTB video, my money is on a new M4. It's just time. It could be something like a Blur/SB100/Mach 4SL though, so I'm very intrigued.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    If a mojo 4 is released, does that mean it's likely we'd see sales or clearance on mojo 3 frames and builds?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bizango View Post
    Regarding the bike in the AwesomeMTB video, my money is on a new M4. It's just time. It could be something like a Blur/SB100/Mach 4SL though, so I'm very intrigued.
    I doubt they'd build a trail XC around a 27.5 wheelset. Highly likely, it's going to be a little HD5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterSoonerNow View Post
    I doubt they'd build a trail XC around a 27.5 wheelset. Highly likely, it's going to be a little HD5.
    Agree. If it goes trail XC it'll go 29. I'm just expecting it to be one (evolution of 27.5 trail bike) or the other (29 xc...something they don't offer).

At Outerbike Scott mentioned how much more the 29ers were selling, that's one reason I wouldn't put it past them to morph the Mojo into a 29xc. Admittedly though I love the M3 and would be sad to see a playful mid travel 27.5 bike go away.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Maybe 27.5 or 29 ala switchblade?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Bump
    Deets!
    🙏🏼

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Looks like it was an Orbea in the video

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gondezee View Post
    I don't think it was. They did post a video a couple days ago about some Orbea ebikes, but those aren't a new product (so no need to keep it secret), and the lines don't match the frame in the screenshot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    pretty sure the box said Ibis on it

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Name:  fine.png
Views: 180
Size:  107.3 KB

Fine. To be fair: I'm sober now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Couple weeks. 27.5, lighter duty HD5.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Yup. A white or light grey would be cool. Iíve been thinking about downgrading my HD3 (Or upgrading??).

A flat gray/light blue, like the Robinís Egg of the SC5010, but more on the gray side. That would do it for me!

mtbr member
    Couple weeks. 27.5, lighter duty HD5.
    So, did a little bird say something to you, or are you just guessing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Got an email from IBIS hinting that the nex gen of Mojo is on it's way.

Supported by the fact that shops can no longer order most sizing and color options for the current Mojo 3.

mtbr member
    I was really hoping for the Mojo 4 when I went to SC to demo bikes, but they released the Ripley V4 then...rode that back to back with a new 5010...absolutely loved the 5010 and bought one (I was surprised, as a long time Ibis fan). I hope they keep the Mojo going (and 27.5) as this segment of the market is super fun
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/a rack on the back

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Work at an Ibis Dealer. Thereís a New Mojo 4. Got an email a couple days ago. Builds off the success of the Ripmo V2, AF and Ripley 4. Can get more details Monday. Was super busy so couldnít dive into the specifics.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by arca_tern View Post
    Work at an Ibis Dealer. Thereís a New Mojo 4. Got an email a couple days ago. Builds off the success of the Ripmo V2, AF and Ripley 4. Can get more details Monday. Was super busy so couldnít dive into the specifics.
    Cool. I might have to start saving my pennies for a frame. Will be interested to see the specs to see if it warrants moving from a 1.5 year old M3.

I'm really enjoying my M3 and just converted the Pike to the ACS3 coil (this is a WOW improvement) so it'll have to be good to convince me to upgrade.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I also got an email from a dealer. apparently releases tomorrow. same travel with a steeper SA and slacker HA... bit more expensive as well.

Available in white and navy blue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Navy Blue?

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 135
Size:  88.8 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    I also got an email from a dealer. apparently releases tomorrow. same travel with a steeper SA and slacker HA... bit more expensive as well.

Available in white and navy blue.
    I wonder if the "more expensive" part means it will come with the DPX2 instead of the DPS - going off of other Ibis models, the carbon models with a DPS (Ripley, Mojo) start at $2833, while the models with a DPX2 (Ripmo, HD5) start at $2999.

EDR
    Either way I'd be swapping it with my X2

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by coleam View Post
    I wonder if the "more expensive" part means it will come with the DPX2 instead of the DPS - going off of other Ibis models, the carbon models with a DPS (Ripley, Mojo) start at $2833, while the models with a DPX2 (Ripmo, HD5) start at $2999.
    Are the shocks that come with the Mojo 3 and presumably the Mojo 4 custom tuned to the Mojo? If I get one, I'd want my CC DBAair on it so would sell the DPS or DPX2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Are the shocks that come with the Mojo 3 and presumably the Mojo 4 custom tuned to the Mojo? If I get one, I'd want my CC DBAair on it so would sell the DPS or DPX2.
    I would think the new m4 would come with the light tune if they are being consistent. The m3 had an option of the roxy - light tune.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I really wish they had a "chonker" tune for us 200+ lb-ers for the m3

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I really wish they had a "chonker" tune for us 200+ lb-ers for the m3
    I'm gonna bet it will have an option for a dpx2.

edit: nope, not with that space down there.
    Last edited by Dale-Calgary; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I'd be surprised if that wasn't the default shipper.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hmmm........wonder if all my parts from my HD5 would fit on the Mojo 4?

Damn these guys.....
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member

Damn these guys.....
    Dammit, I whispered the same thing to myself this morning. I just got the HD5 and love it although on paper itís more bike than I need.

mtbr member

Damn these guys.....
    Why not? 27.5 components are 27.5 components ... the exception is the fork that can however be probably be reduced in travel ...

So yes! Go ahead and get yet another bike to achieve 15mm less travel! or, for others among us, to have your seat angle go forward 1 degree (aka 1.5 cm on a saddle rails), or 1 degree less head angle instead of getting an adjustable head set!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    There is a picture in PinkBike. Iím very sure itís a white Mojo 4.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ckspeed View Post
    There is a picture in PinkBike. Iím very sure itís a white Mojo 4.
    link?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    link?
    Not sure if this going to work:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18836132/

look likes its got a 66deg HT & 76 ST.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Not sure if this going to work:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18836132/

That's pretty much what we figured, probably a little longer reach to even out that seat tube angle. Bet that's a fun little beasty!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mojo 4 - where are you?-p5pb18836132.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I already got the Ripley V4 and might just replace the Mojo 3 with the Mojo 4. I need that longer slacker bike for Massachusetts rocky trails.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale-Calgary View Post
    That's pretty much what we figured, probably a little longer reach to even out that seat tube angle. Bet that's a fun little beasty!

Dang, my stubby legs could get over a 180 dropper on that thing

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Looks like we wait another day or week. Normally it hits the airwaves by now when there is a release

mtbr member

Nah ... I think it is 65.8 and 76.2

jrm
    mtbr member
    Geo #s yet? Looks like rear shock options are limited as they were on the smaller M3 frames.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Why not a dpx2 as standard to compete with the SC 5010.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale-Calgary View Post

Cabling is cleaner.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Geo #s yet? Looks like rear shock options are limited as they were on the smaller M3 frames.
    What options are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

mtbr member
    New thread started but it's loaded on the Ibis site:
    https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo-4

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Guessing Iíll keep my Mojo 3 for 2 more seasons since I already have the Ripley V4. Just Donít like the new seat tube and head tube angles.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

mtbr member
    Guessing Iíll keep my Mojo 3 for 2 more seasons since I already have the Ripley V4. Just Donít like the new seat tube and head tube angles.
    You don't like them on the M4, or the Ripley, or just in general?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bizango View Post
    You don't like them on the M4, or the Ripley, or just in general?
    The M4, I would if the HT is 66 and seat tube at 75-76. .5 to 1 deg is a big different for me. I will ride the Ripley V4 and see how my knees fear.
    '20 Ibis Ripley
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC-Spare

jrm
    mtbr member
    I noticed JKW is running either a DX2 or a DVO rear shock. Sticking with the V4

NedwannaB
    Just watched M4 vid on Bike Mag. Beautiful bike. 130/140 with inline air shock. Recommends this setup as designed.
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    NORCO Fluid FS
    Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Hmmm, all the buzz now is about the new 5010... both the Mojo 4 and the 5010 are comparable... damn, rock and a hard place... which one, which one... O.o
    2019 Ibis DV9 XX1 Gold | Code RSC | 25.4lbs
    2018 Orbea Loki 27 XX1 Rainbow/Black/Grey | Code RSC | 28.11lbs

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by }{yBr!D^ View Post
    Hmmm, all the buzz now is about the new 5010... both the Mojo 4 and the 5010 are comparable... damn, rock and a hard place... which one, which one... O.o
    Which one is better suited for a 46mm offset fork? That's my Q. I realized the M4 won't break apart with my fork but I wonder what the 5010 is designed around.

I AM NOT buying a new fork! (or at least, I don't plan to. MRP Ribbon does sound enticing, lol hmmm)

mtbr member
    May 2019
    From what Will told me over at Ibis that you shouldn't go over 44mm of offset on the fork. As far as the 5010, I sent them a message asking them about fork specs and such. One of these two I will build around and I need all the info! I'm leaning towards the 5010, though... :\

EDR
    From what Will told me over at Ibis that you shouldn't go over 44mm of offset on the fork. As far as the 5010, I sent them a message asking them about fork specs and such. One of these two I will build around and I need all the info! I'm leaning towards the 5010, though... :\
    Ya, I've been in contact with Ibis as well. There is no ''hard'' number it's just that the further you stray from 37 the further the bike handling may change. But they did say 42-44 should be fine. It's subjective though.

Ibis said the 46 will handle quicker but the extra 10mm of travel will slow it back down a bit.

BTW, please report back on what SC says regarding offset. I see they recommend 140 or 150mm fork for the new frame, I wonder if offset recommendation changes at all depending on travel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Holy crap, has anyone seen this Pat Smage video riding the Mojo 4? One of the best vids I've seen in a long time..
    https://youtu.be/feEFsMEc8Do

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfnz View Post
    Holy crap, has anyone seen this Pat Smage video riding the Mojo 4? One of the best vids I've seen in a long time..
    https://youtu.be/feEFsMEc8Do
    Yeah, so maybe I need to eat my words about there being any concerns with its "playfulness." Granted I couldn't even ride across a log so.....

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Think the rear shock can be inverted or turned to face the top tube to better fit the reservoir and a water bottle?

mtbr member
    Think the rear shock can be inverted or turned to face the top tube to better fit the reservoir and a water bottle?
    Don't think so. You have to mount the air can side towards the front of the bike since it uses a vertical shock bolt on the rear clevis, and there's not a ton of clearance above the front shock mount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2019
    So, you're stuck with a Super Deluxe which you might get away with a smaller water bottle since their reservoirs are closer to the shock body and slimmer and it's still a huge maybe lol... *looking at my camelbak hydration backpack*

mtbr member
    As I said in an earlier comment (or maybe it was the other thread?), Jeff Kendall-Weed has a bottle on his bike in some shots, so it's beyond "might fit", at least for the Super Deluxe. Unless you're on a small, I guess? I think a DPX2 would likely work as well. The reservoir hangs a bit lower, but it's also significantly shorter than the Super Deluxe reservoir.