mtbr member
    Oct 2010

mis aligned rear trangle

HI just after some advice i got a mojo hd just noticed its got a mis aligned rear triangle one side of the seat tube is closer to triangle down tube than the other side , is the a fix for this? or will it have to be sent back via warranty ? any advice welcome
    thanks

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    email ibis and ask them.

Unpredictable
    I agree with zzs - that is an odd one. Ibis will reply very quickly - they always do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    fyi returned his email at least 6 hours ago and have not heard back.
    Maybe one of the other guys took care of him if he called in.
    I really have no clue why people post here first rather than contacting us. I guess they have low expectations from the way things usually go. It's often hard to get stuff taken care of these days. Most companies put up a wall after they've got your money ; )
    H

mtbr member
    Maybe he was Trolling. We all know Ibis customer service rules and you don't need to post here to get action. It was post #1.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    hey thanks for the replies, hanss and ibis got back to me within 20mins which is faultless, pictures were requested for a diagnosis agian fair comment ,( camera broken) would of posted repy sooner but i live in the uk so 1st post was at the end of night .I posted in this IBIS forum for some helpful advice it is by no means a dis to the company or quality control, I am just asking for some advice not " trolling " on what it could be, as to send it back on warranty would take over a week (an logistic nightmare) lost work time waiting for couriers etc ,another week off the bike ,hense the asking for advice if there is anything myself or a trusted LBS could try befor going down the warranty route , agian hanns & ibis thanks for the speedy replies ,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    fyi returned his email at least 6 hours ago and have not heard back.
    Maybe one of the other guys took care of him if he called in.
    I really have no clue why people post here first rather than contacting us. I guess they have low expectations from the way things usually go. It's often hard to get stuff taken care of these days. Most companies put up a wall after they've got your money ; )
    H
    The interwebs are for narcissistic whining. It's a rule.

His post was just a cry for help, sympathy and his own reality show based on the tragedy.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan hd
    hey thanks for the replies, hanss and ibis got back to me within 20mins which is faultless, pictures were requested for a diagnosis agian fair comment ,( camera broken) would of posted repy sooner but i live in the uk so 1st post was at the end of night .I posted in this IBIS forum for some helpful advice it is by no means a dis to the company or quality control, I am just asking for some advice not " trolling " on what it could be, as to send it back on warranty would take over a week (an logistic nightmare) lost work time waiting for couriers etc ,another week off the bike ,hense the asking for advice if there is anything myself or a trusted LBS could try befor going down the warranty route , agian hanns & ibis thanks for the speedy replies ,
    Please accept my apologies. Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of helpful people here.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Frankly, as someone who might buy a HD someday, I'd like to know that the failure rate is on these bikes and this forum is probably the only place to find out. I know Ibis CS is amazing (from personal experience) but they can't help me 30 miles out in the woods. Whether we have an odd sampling of the population or not here (nobody rants about how their bike works normally all the time), it is still good to know. The OP didn't post just to make Ibis look bad.

mtbr member
    Ya, my post was a poor attempt at humor.
    Since good CS is about as hard to come by as a unicorn I understand the internet posts. I had a $50k suv that had a potentially dangerous intermittent problem... 6 months of back and forth w/ GM and it took the internet for me to figure it out, do my own wrenching and solve it. The replacement vehicle had a small paint issue 1yr in and I almost fell over when the Nissan dealer not only said sorry, but fixed it with a loaner to boot.

What gets me most about ibis are the guys that have been doing this for decades are the guys who answer all the forums and emails, not some minimum wage kid.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hey again thanks for the replies after a reassuring visit to myl LBS all is good dropped the shock out lopez link and re offered in no probs ,my initial worry was that the seat tube was not noticeably center between rear triangle hence concern ! I would always post on a site like this for tips & advice off other ibis owners,better to be safe than sorry ,as i really lIKE my ibis .As phoenixsun i also use forums for my much loved car which form time to time developes a PROBLEM and from sound ADVICE the problem in solved without hassle or i get some forehand knowledge before seeking futher professional advice . agian thank for replies , on a lighter note look forward to giving the hd a thrashing on the weekend !!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I had an issue with my mojo which I emailed Ibis directly about. As is the norm around here, Scot emailed back immediately and was immensely helpful. LBS though, not so much. I think I'll be buying my HD through a new dealer.

While I agree that its far better to talk directly to Ibis first, I actually like the threads that mention what has gone wrong with a bike. Those threads can be really useful when you run into the same problem.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    First of all good to hear that the OP had his issues resolved quickly!

Now a side question from me. Why do the homers in their respective forums (be it Ibis, Turners, Spesh, etc..) always jump on a poster with low post count when he comes on the forum asking for advice on a new bike? A new bike can't have problem? And a newcomer can't ask a question and look credible unless he's a homer with 1000 posts? If anything, the homers irk me more than the trolls. Trolls are easy to spot, and they'll go away eventually. Homers are like nagging wives. Ibis is a great company. Their actions will speak loudly. But some of the homers in this forum (and Turner forum too) remind me of homers in a Ferrari forum. Heaven forbids that you raise an issue about handling prodlems in a Ferrari forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chauzie
    First of all good to hear that the OP had his issues resolved quickly!

Now a side question from me. Why do the homers in their respective forums (be it Ibis, Turners, Spesh, etc..) always jump on a poster with low post count when he comes on the forum asking for advice on a new bike? A new bike can't have problem? And a newcomer can't ask a question and look credible unless he's a homer with 1000 posts? If anything, the homers irk me more than the trolls. Trolls are easy to spot, and they'll go away eventually. Homers are like nagging wives. Ibis is a great company. Their actions will speak loudly. But some of the homers in this forum (and Turner forum too) remind me of homers in a Ferrari forum. Heaven forbids that you raise an issue about handling prodlems in a Ferrari forum.
    You don't have enough posts to be asking this question

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradoxj13
    You don't have enough posts to be asking this question
    Says the guy with 193 posts
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

bike rider
    So was the frame NOT out of alignment or was a bearing/link issue pushing the swingarm to one side?
    Keep the Country country.

Members who have read this thread: 0