mtbr member

Maximum sag on a Mojo

I had set the sag on my new Mojo to about 14mm and the bike felt pretty good, but I wanted a little plusher ride so I let a tiny bit of air out and it now feels really nice and cushy.
    I remeasured the sag and now it's at 17mm. Is this too much? The spec sheet says 10-13 for xc and 13-15 for AM riding.
    Is there a problem with setting it at 17mm?
    I don't do many big drops or jumps so bottoming out should not be a problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I run about 18 I suppose with a Pushed Rp23. I don't think anything under 15 feels that great on an air shock on the mojo IMO

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I haven't measured but I certainly run more than 15mm, probably closer to 18-20, I like the cushy feel it has, and I only bottom out on big drops (3ft+) if I land the wrong way. As long as your aren't constantly bottoming out, it is all a 'feel' think I think, the suggestions are just guidelines, not rules. I also run my Float 32RL with way more sag than reccommended, works for my riding style.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Dave Weagle (DW) has regularly posted about running as much sag as you want and that 30% is not a bad thing. I know some guys who run 40 on their trail bikes. It all depends on how stuck to the ground you like it

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    random question:
    Where do you measure the sag from? The edge of the shock body to the the o-ring, or the lip of the seal/wiper to the o-ring? I've never been sure. I've always done from the seal.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Lip of the seal to O ring to measure sag.

Members who have read this thread: 0