Thread: Lopes Link

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Lopes Link

At 11 1/2 stone am I likely to feel any real benefits? Does it help any with pedalling efficiency? Comments appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes you will notice a difference esp in hard cornering. I wasn't aware of any improvement in pedalling, DW already pedals awesomely. Worthwhile upgrade.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62
    Yes you will notice a difference esp in hard cornering. I wasn't aware of any improvement in pedalling, DW already pedals awesomely. Worthwhile upgrade.
    Agree. More feel of the trail and much more precise high speed g-out cornering. No real difference for pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    its a nice upgrade- but its not the holy grail. it makes a great bike a excellent bike. Personally- i did not notice much difference when i installed mine. i use my bike for xc riding only- i have other bikes i thrash on dh and mini dh. i would not ride without it though- i do prefer to have the best bike possible and it does make the bike better- its just beyond the scope of my intended use- i think its necessary for when people like lopes start using the bike for Dh trails. there is no real penalty for having one- so if your a bike geek like me- i say get it. im really lucky to have a large quiver of bikes...

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Well worth the investment, I installed one on both my wifes and my bike and it helped a bunch with the lateral stiffness.

YRTRNRSHVY
    Apr 2004
    I know that as of 2010, all Mojo SL frames come with the LL, did the 2009 Mojo SL also come with the LL standard?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My 2009 S.L, bought in April, came with a LL.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999
    I know that as of 2010, all Mojo SL frames come with the LL, did the 2009 Mojo SL also come with the LL standard?
    The LL came out at the end of 2008 IIRC. From that point on all new bikes had them.

You know my steez...
    I just installed one on my '07. It went on easily but I haven't ridden the bike on a trail since I put it on. I cant feel any difference just riding around on the street. If the beautiful build quality of the part is any indication of how well it works, I'm sure it will make a noticeable improvement on the trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lopes Link-cimg0624.jpg  

I'm unique, just like everyone else....

YRTRNRSHVY
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    The LL came out at the end of 2008 IIRC. From that point on all new bikes had them.
    Is there any way to tell what year a Mojo SL is? I am looking at one that has the rubberized clear paint, an RP23 (without boost valve) and no Lopes Link. He claims it is a 2009. When did the SL get the carbon dropouts in the rear? Any other changes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The serial number, near the bottom of the down tube, shows the year the bike was built.

mtbr member

Lopes Link

Quote Originally Posted by tbsmitty
    The serial number, near the bottom of the down tube, shows the year the bike was built.
    So, for example #09M0212 would indicate it's the 212th Mojo built in '09 then?

We need to start a LL swap program... mine came with a red one that I'd like to swap for blue...

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe_a
    That's cool to know. Mine is 07M1705. An oldie but a goodie!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

Antagonist
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe_a

We need to start a LL swap program... mine came with a red one that I'd like to swap for blue...

Pretty interesting.... I had a thread here somewhere asking questions about that serial number specifically, since my LBS here (only Ibis dealer in town) is selling Mojo's built out as 2010's with frames that would indicate that the frames we're 08s or '09s. 2009 bikes with '08 frames, too.

I know it's probably just my OCD kicking into overdrive, since nothing's changed in the frame design (that I know of) aside from the new colors offered, but things like this make me wonder....

YRTRNRSHVY
    Apr 2004
    Same experience here. I orrdered a Mojo SL from a dealer in another state. He said it was a 2009. When it showed up it was a 2008 and didn't have the Lopes Link, or the chainstay protector.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spill
    Pretty interesting.... I had a thread here somewhere asking questions about that serial number specifically, since my LBS here (only Ibis dealer in town) is selling Mojo's built out as 2010's with frames that would indicate that the frames we're 08s or '09s. 2009 bikes with '08 frames, too.

I know it's probably just my OCD kicking into overdrive, since nothing's changed in the frame design (that I know of) aside from the new colors offered, but things like this make me wonder....
    You need to to think about shelf life, the carbon may spoilMaybe it takes a year to get here from China.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No doubt I'd put one on...if I still owned mine.

OHV Gansta
    mines #09m0891

came standard with Lopes Link
    Get out and ride

Members who have read this thread: 0