Limbo chips on SL-R?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Limbo chips on SL-R?

I wonder if the Limbo chips would work on the SL-R ?
    making it a 160 SL-R

reason behind the thinking .... is I want to get a Mojo HD 140/160 ... i have a shock to convert to 160

but if the SL-R is stronger than the HD ... why no just get the HD and convert to 160 ?

Or have I got it wrong?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Limbo chips will only shorten. Not lengthen. So, you could take the 140 to say, 120, but not the reverse. I believe...

mtbr member
    and the Obmil chips?

Cumbria, England.
    Hi, if you had looked at a picture of the SLR, you would see that the shock mount is a moulded part of the frame, not bolt on 'chips' as on the HD.
    Why do you think the SLR is stronger than the HD? Read the blurb on Ibis' website on you'll find out a lot more!

-DF-
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    yeah, just looked at the mechanism and it makes more sense now. There are two "eyelets" on the HD where the Limbo (or obmil) mounts too. This, along with the shock choice sets the travel. There is only one eyelet on the SLR, thus one mounting option...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    this is a dumb thread!

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    but if the SL-R is stronger than the HD ...
    Both bike are very strong. The HD is much stiffer still, just flexing both laterally and the rear wheels, the HD feels twice as stiff flexing. The center frames may be close in flex, the swingarm of the SL is stiffer than the SL, but not by much, the HD swingarm is much stiffer than the other Mojo models.

The SL-R cannot fit limbo chips, there is one shock mount hole that appears the same as the SL and C.

Limbo chips might be a good idea to allow shorter travel shock to match up with a 100 - 120 mm travel fork for an XC racer version without lowering the already very low BB much. SHimming the bottom travel of the current Mojo SL shock similar to the Fox Triad shock is done OEM for Specialized could do the same thing and work well using a shorter fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0