Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I had a silver Ripley LS off of which the paint flaked if you touched it or breathed on it. 2018 model I guess. The Ripley V4, Ripmo, and HD5 have much stronger paint finishes.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone else noticing a lot of noise from their chain on the v2 ripmo? Running axs der with a shimano chain and cassette (I’ve run on a few bikes now with no issues) but this is my first ripmo. The exact same set up on my ripley v4 was not an issue, that bike was so quiet. I ordered a STFU device and I’ve tried to make my own silencer, which has always worked in the past, but this bike is loud AF and it’s not helping my ocd.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey, no mine has been very quiet so far andI have ridden some rough stuff. I have the XTR build / rear der but have no noise from it (other than the XTR finned pads which i swapped out.)

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D2 View Post
    Anyone else noticing a lot of noise from their chain on the v2 ripmo? Running axs der with a shimano chain and cassette (I’ve run on a few bikes now with no issues) but this is my first ripmo. The exact same set up on my ripley v4 was not an issue, that bike was so quiet. I ordered a STFU device and I’ve tried to make my own silencer, which has always worked in the past, but this bike is loud AF and it’s not helping my ocd.
    Loud while pedaling? Or descending? I noticed on my AF I was getting some chain slap on the chain stay right behind the front chainring. Added a little mastic and it helped dumb down the noise a bit better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D2 View Post
    Do shimano chains have an inner and outer side? If so check that it's orientated correctly.

Check the chain routing between the upper cog and lower cog on the derailleur. I've routed a chain wrong there once and it will still work, but be noisy and create a little drag.

Check that the chain is fitted to the derailleurs cogs correctly. Not sure, but AXS may have a narrow wide tooth profile on the derailleur too.

mtbr member
    Anyone know the best online store to order a Ripmo from? There is only one ibis dealer in my area and they are close to 100 miles from me and closed due to everything happening as of now.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I picked mine up from N+1 bikes. Give Shaun a call and deal with him directly. He was very professional and accurate with timelines. I’ll definitely purchase through him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm not sure of the best - but Jenson USA and Backcountry/Competitive Cyclist sell Ibis also.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread

I purchased my V1 from Jenson and the initial process was good. Once it shipped things changed. Jenson ships via Ontrac and my frame was lost for about a week. When it was found and then arrived I was shocked to see it was shipped in a box w NO protection. It was in a thin bag only and left to bounce around the box. Luckily it wasn’t damaged. I still buy from Jenson but when it was time for V2, I made the switch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Fanatik will do custom builds for you too.

I ran into my local shop owner today on the trail. He said Ibis said my medium frame had moved up to June. His rep also confirmed the next batch will have the new 2021 X2s.

mtbr member
    Ibis is my top choice for my next bike but if I have to wait a long time then I think Ill go with a brand that is available at one of my local dealers just for ease. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Seem to be unavailable in the UK for the foreseeable. Shame.

beater
    My GF brought hers home last Saturday. It's a large and weighed in at 30 lbs, 13 oz. Full XTR, SC Reserve rims laced to I9 hubs. Contact parts are all Chromag except for the Rev Grips. Fork is set to 170mm. It's purty.

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-shannon_s-ibis-ripmo-april-2020-9-51-_web.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthehill29 View Post
    Anyone know the best online store to order a Ripmo from? There is only one ibis dealer in my area and they are close to 100 miles from me and closed due to everything happening as of now.
    I just ordered one from Bikeco.com. They have been fantastic to work with and swapped out some things for me. Plus they have a good sale going on for the V1 now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Ripmo V2 w/Root Beer 36

I picked up my V2 1 week ago. I ordered on March 1 right before Corona madness hit...upgrading from a 2015 Aluminum Cannondale Trigger. Bikes sure have come along way in 5 years, I'm in love.

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-untitled.jpg

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-untitled-2.jpg

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-untitled-3.jpg

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-untitled-4.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Brown 36 reminds me of the original Fox 36. Too bad they don’t offer the Vanilla 36 like back in the day. Anyway, bike looks nice!

Travel the Narrow Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthehill29 View Post
    Most shops are saying July (conservatively) for the wait due to the virus. The one I know who can probably make it happen sooner than that is N+1Bikes. Call Shaun and he can do pretty much any build and ship it to you.
    Travel the Narrow Trail is on Youtube & Instagram: Subscribe

Equipment:
    2020 Ripmo v.2
    2020 Hightower v.2

Travel the Narrow Trail
    Ripmo v.2 Grey, got it 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-screen-shot-2020-04-20-1.34.22-am.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-screen-shot-2020-04-20-1.33.37-am.jpg  

Equipment:
    2020 Ripmo v.2
    2020 Hightower v.2

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelTNarrow Trail View Post
    Ripmo v.2 Grey, got it 2 weeks ago.
    Hi, I see you own one Hightower v2 and the ripmo. I had the ripmo 1, and now own the HT2, but will perhaps go to a Ripmo 2.

I'm very interested to know what you think between those 2 bikes in term of pedal efficiency and playfulness (and in general too please :-).

In my memory, the Ripmo is more fun (in flatter trail & in general) ... I'm asking, because I want only 1 bike to do it all, from XC (no racing but 40km im sport mode), to enduro (race but just for fun) to some bike park laps.

Can you please compare the weight of the 2 bikes too please (with a picture or description of you HT2 to better understand the differences?).

1000 times thanks if you do it, it will help me a lot

El Mirador
    Guess who just walked in...Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200424_083609.jpg

Travel the Narrow Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mirador View Post
    Guess who just walked in...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200424_083609.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	1327419
    Sweeeet!

Equipment:
    2020 Ripmo v.2
    2020 Hightower v.2

Travel the Narrow Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by dj87 View Post
    Hi, I see you own one Hightower v2 and the ripmo. I had the ripmo 1, and now own the HT2, but will perhaps go to a Ripmo 2.

I'm very interested to know what you think between those 2 bikes in term of pedal efficiency and playfulness (and in general too please :-).

In my memory, the Ripmo is more fun (in flatter trail & in general) ... I'm asking, because I want only 1 bike to do it all, from XC (no racing but 40km im sport mode), to enduro (race but just for fun) to some bike park laps.

Can you please compare the weight of the 2 bikes too please (with a picture or description of you HT2 to better understand the differences?).

1000 times thanks if you do it, it will help me a lot
    I'm working on some of those things you are asking here. I'm hoping to do a head to head "impressions" video on my channel with these two bikes. I get so many emails on both of these bikes.

Weight is relative because it's based upon your build. Not sure how it will turn out but I'm hoping to do that as well. The Hightower feels lighter but that's for various reason I think it feels that way compared to an XTR build of the v2 Ripmo. I'll keep you posted.

Build quality would go to the Hightower. Frame is painted very well, no orange peel or thiner areas of paint and the chainstay protection is solid and keeps the bike silent. Hightower frame is heavier more burlier. SC lifetime warranty that I can tell you is really excellent in service and response time to keep you on the trail and the new replacements get that same warranty.

Performance though, as of right now, after I finish up some things, I'll reassess because it (HT) feels much lighter. But a 29-30lbs hightower vs a Ripmo, is first VPP. It's very progressive and small bump is so nice on VPP and eats up all roudy jank. Climbing is improved but not as linear feeling as the DW.

So it doesn't climb as well as the Ripmo. Ripmo when climbing puts a smile on your face as it just surges forward, its crazy how well it climbs for all that suspension.

Ripmo is also more of fun feeling bike. It's super playful, poppy, and agile feeling on the trail, sort of bmxish. Hightower doesn't feel that playful agile sort of bike. While it does everything well, its not as fun as the Hightower LT was. Hightower v2 lost that fun feeling. Now, you would never know that if all you ever ride is a Hightower.

But your question is against the Ripmo and if you ride both, you notice it right away. Now, all my comparisons are with Ripmo v.1. So with that said, v1 Ripmo doesn't feel that confidence inspiring as the Hightower does. Ripmo v.2, I'll let you know soon, if those geo changes made the difference while keeping that fun liveliness v1 Ripmo had.

Anyway, hope this helps a little and will chime in another time to fully answer you better.

Equipment:
    2020 Ripmo v.2
    2020 Hightower v.2

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Thank you for you reply!! You answers confirm a lot of my thoughts. Be sure to come back if you do a video between those 2 bikes! And I'll really enjoy your thoughts after the next ride with the ripmo 2.

What I miss with my HT 2 is that fun poppy feeling. I can make the HT2 "poppy", but in my memory the ripmo was a lot more like the bmx feeling that I enjoy. For me the HT2 is more in the comfy or plaws style, and the ripmo the snappy feeling (that I miss, up & down)

mtbr member
    Only two rides so far, but it feels great!

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-2020-04-23-17.41.18.jpg

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-2020-04-25-08.19.34.jpg

mtbr member
    I tried to send this earlier but MTBR was having issues or it was me!

My go to ride for the last year has been an Ibis Ripley V4. I love the Ripley V4. For my local trails, this bike rules. I have the Ripley V4 built with a 140mm Fox 36 fork more because I wanted the Grip 2 damper. I jump this bike, and push the Ripley to its limits. However, it does have real limits. I did purchase 2021 DPX2 for it to try to eek out a bit more performance, because with a tad more this bike is near perfect.

I would say that the Ripley V4 is the first 29er that doesn't feel like a 29er. Some of this may be timing and my experience with 29ers wheels. As a guy on the shorter side of the height spectrum, I have been on the fence whether 27.5 or 29 wheels are better for me. The Ripley V4 definitely put an end to these thoughts, at least for shorter travel bikes.

My other bike has been a Specialized Enduro 2020. This bike is great, and handles my more aggressive trails. The Enduro pedals well, pops, etc and is fun for what this bike is, but it is a big bike and feels like a 29er to me.

I had a Forbidden Druid for a while and the bike was cool, but in the end was too small sizing wise for my preference.

The Ripmo V2 was the obvious next bike to try. For convenience, I built the Ripmo with the Shout Fork. I had this on the Enduro. The Fox 36 is set-up for 170mm so I need drop its travel.

I am glad I started with the Shout. The Shout actually feels better on the Ripmo than the Enduro and owing to is shorter front center must easier to pop and throw around. The Ripmo is as stated a great all rounder. I knew it was going to pedal well, but the first descent was a blast.

Interestingly, the Ripmo V2 doesn't feel like a 29er. What I am saying I don't notice the wheels at all, whereas I notice them much more on the Enduro.

It will be fun to tinker with the Ripmo V2.

mtbr member
    Has anyone heard anything concrete about when Ibis will start shipping the Ripmo v2 with the new 2021 Fox forks and shocks? I have one on order with Factory 36 and X2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The owner of my local shop that I ordered mine through said the Ibis rep told him that my frame (ETA June) will have the new X2.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have a V2 frame on order and separately ordered the new Fox 36, I really like the Root Beer color and it is cool to see a picture of it with the Bug Zapper Blue. You have a nice looking bike. I went with the gloss black fork as I decided on a simpler base color and I could use custom Fox decals to get the look I wanted.

Enjoy and I am jealous. I am a bit frustrated with Ibis, I ordered my frame, I put $ down and the order was placed with Ibis on 2/18/2020. Lots of frame/bikes have arrived and now I am told it is going to be a few months. But with all that is going on the world, I will live and have it to look forward to. I think there was some randomness to who got what and which shops got filled fist. It is my second Ibis and I am a fan of the brand.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Anyone want to share their fork/shock set ups? My V2 comes today with Grip2 and X2. Curious how different (if any) the X2 setup is vs. the V1

I had a V1, but with Ribbon Coil. First bike with Grip2

pap
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Just received my ripmo this week. Built it up and ready to roll. Changed to the new 2021 fork and sram x01 axs group. Otherwise it is an xt build with xt brakes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Just received my ripmo this week. Built it up and ready to roll. Changed to the new 2021 fork and sram x01 axs group. Otherwise it is an xt build with xt brakes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Wow, she is a beauty! Congratulations.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    I see lots of posts that discuss enduroizing the Ripley but putting a piggy back shock, converting to 140mm fork, aggressive tires. Has anyone tried doing the opposite on the Ripmo by putting a DPS on it, lowering the fork to 150mm, using milder tires? I'd be curious to hear ride impressions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush1nRuss1an89 View Post
    I see lots of posts that discuss enduroizing the Ripley but putting a piggy back shock, converting to 140mm fork, aggressive tires. Has anyone tried doing the opposite on the Ripmo by putting a DPS on it, lowering the fork to 150mm, using milder tires? I'd be curious to hear ride impressions.
    I have tried the wheels from my XC bike (roval SL/mezcal) on a few rides. Dropped a little over 2lbs from the weight and climb times were faster.

I really like how the bike fits and have thought about getting a dps to play with. Lowing the fork may steepen the ST more than I would want. Wonder if a 210x50 dps shock would feel any different (more progressive) vs the 55 stroke. Travel would be ~15mm less so the sag point would be different; I am not sure if it would be any different from just adding more air though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c-wal; 05-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    @pap:
    Can you please give us the weight of your bike? Thinking of getting the same equipment.

Mountainbiker
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    I really like how the bike fits and have thought about getting a dps to play with. Lowing the fork may steepen the ST more than I would want. Wonder if a 255x50 dps shock would feel any different (more progressive) vs the 55 stroke. Travel would be ~15mm less so the sag point would be different; I am not sure if it would be any different from just adding more air though.
    I think BB height will be too low. You should have bought a less travel bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Stefano View Post
    Geometry does not change; the shock is the same length. Not necessarily looking for a bike with less travel just thinking about ways for this one to fit a wider range.

There was a typo in the shock dimensions in my post. Should have been 210x50, not 255x50. The stock shock is 210x55.

Last edited by c-wal; 05-03-2020 at 11:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Stefano View Post
    Sorry I disagree with this. This whole low BB on the RipmoV2 that JKW started is kind of BS in my opinion. Trust me I am one to call out Ibis on low BB, which I did on the Mojo 3.

Here let's do some numbers...this will modify with tire choice, but assuming tires are the same.

When I measure the BB on the Ripmo V2, it is 13.5" (343mm) with 147mm of travel. Most of the rear travel is vertical, so at 25% sag, the vertical displacement (0.25*147=37mm), this say at sag = 343-37mm=306mm. For the Specialized Enduro 2020, which does have a low BB, people comment about but have no issues riding it, it is 354mm (in high), I measure something slightly lower - 341. 25% travel on the Enduro = 43mm. At sag - this 298, about 1 cm lower than the Ripmo V2, and yet people ride the Enduro so it says if you drop by 1cm, it is still rideable.

Let talk about vertical difference - 10mm drop in travel, 10mm *cos(90-HA)=9mm, which occurs at the front, divide this by 2 for the mid-point, and it 4.5mm drop for reducing the travel, which is tiny.

20% sag of 160mm is 32mm---> 32*cos(90-HA)=29mm (vertical drop)
    20% sag of 150mm is 30mm--> 30*cos(90-HA)=27mm (vertical drop)+9mm (for less travel) = 36mm of drop

The difference in sag fork and influence on the BB, 29mm/divide by 2 for mid point = 14.5m for 160mm fork, 36mm divide by 2 equals 18mm for a 150mm fork..... SO GRAND TOTAL DIFFERENCE OF 2.5mm!!!!

This is the same going the opposite way to longer travel, the BB difference is small.

The bigger differences are head angle and front center differences, which will be more noticeable than BB.

Now I own both a Ripmo V2 and Ripley V4. Even with a heavier tire on the Ripley V4 and built more robustly, the Ripley V4 pedals better and is more playful. I think it will be more fun to build up the Ripley than build down the Ripmo.

I think the shorter front center of the Ripley allows you to weight the bike easier and therefore it will be more fun. The Ripmo V2 is more of handful. It depends on your trails.

mtbr member
    Dude! The analysis is appreciated. I am more short stroke curious with regards to pedalling characteristics of changing just the rear shock. So would be a "lunch ride Ripmo" for bay area trails (160/130).

With not changing the front travel I wouldn't expect any geo changes since the shock length doesn't change. Maybe with less sag it becomes slightly steeper. What I don't know is if the rear would be more progressive with the shorter stroke or if I am just moving the sag point with the internal 5mm spacer.

I had a V3 Ripley. I have been on the V1 Ripmo for ~18 months and also ride an Intense Sniper. I really like how the Ripmo fits which is why I was looking at neutered options, and I like dorking with bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    Now I own both a Ripmo V2 and Ripley V4. Even with a heavier tire on the Ripley V4 and built more robustly, the Ripley V4 pedals better and is more playful. I think it will be more fun to build up the Ripley than build down the Ripmo.
    I’ve been giving this some thought, myself - for a slightly different reason - looking to get the ‘right’ bike for my girlfriend so she feels safe and comfortable... mix of bike being ‘too much’ vs ‘capable’. Regardless, I bet that a lot of us are interested in this!

Some thoughts I had that maybe you can throw in the mix of your experimenting:

I understand that the Zipp 3Zero Moto rims extra compliance feels like “an extra cm of travel, front and back”. Probably a bit of hyperbole, but I’ve heard enough similar reviews that I bet it’d move the needle of the Ripley some into more capable terrain (without compromising geometry, etc). There’s a guy (“HardTailParty” I think?) who said it made a huge difference on his hard tail - so seems to make sense here...

Also, I’ve always found that coils really change a bike - a Push ACS-3 up front will add 1/2lb, but feel a lot more plush and in control in the chunky stuff.

I put an EXT StoriaV3 on my v1 Ripmo for the last year. It *really* made a difference on the bike’s capability descending through crazy stuff. But, had to put on the MRP progressive coil to make it work (which adds an *extra* pound over the stock EXT spring!). Glad the V2 Ripmo now supported to use springs directly, but I don’t see Ibis ever giving us the option here on the Ripley. (I dunno... maybe v7?!)

Anyways - let us know how finding that ‘middle ground’ goes. My money is on the beefed-up Ripley!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laserjockrock View Post
    I’ve been giving this some thought, myself - for a slightly different reason - looking to get the ‘right’ bike for my girlfriend so she feels safe and comfortable... mix of bike being ‘too much’ vs ‘capable’. Regardless, I bet that a lot of us are interested in this!

Some thoughts I had that maybe you can throw in the mix of your experimenting:

I understand that the Zipp 3Zero Moto rims extra compliance feels like “an extra cm of travel, front and back”. Probably a bit of hyperbole, but I’ve heard enough similar reviews that I bet it’d move the needle of the Ripley some into more capable terrain (without compromising geometry, etc). There’s a guy (“HardTailParty” I think?) who said it made a huge difference on his hard tail - so seems to make sense here...

Also, I’ve always found that coils really change a bike - a Push ACS-3 up front will add 1/2lb, but feel a lot more plush and in control in the chunky stuff.

I put an EXT StoriaV3 on my v1 Ripmo for the last year. It *really* made a difference on the bike’s capability descending through crazy stuff. But, had to put on the MRP progressive coil to make it work (which adds an *extra* pound over the stock EXT spring!). Glad the V2 Ripmo now supported to use springs directly, but I don’t see Ibis ever giving us the option here on the Ripley. (I dunno... maybe v7?!)

Anyways - let us know how finding that ‘middle ground’ goes. My money is on the beefed-up Ripley!
    Good to hear about the Storia, I wanted to buy this shock. However, the linear suspension of the Ripley worried me. I did purchase a DPX2 for the Ripley, which I am waiting for. As I said in other posts, I only need a slight increase in performance in the Ripley. I think heavier tires can do a lot in this realm.

I broke my rear wheel last week on the Ripley and stole the rear wheel from my 2020 Enduro which has a heavier tire. The Ripley doesn't pedal as well, but it did increase its the confidence and comfort going down hill. The tire suspension is significant.

Here's the other thing - I have been riding the Ripmo V2 with the Shout fork. This has been amazing. I sent this to my friends....

"Its a little premature for me and Ripmo…but it is giving me my swagger back. It is something I have lost for some time. There are a few bikes that I have owned that have become an extension of myself (Uprising/Calling) and where I could really let loose and smile about. I would say since switching to 29ers that I have lost this. You kind of forget this feeling. You chalk it up to old riding positions on smaller wheels and shorter bikes. Even though I like/prefer the 29er and new the geometry, I haven’t been 100% one with them. The Ripley brought back my enjoyment from the hole that I dug with riding the Offering. Something about the Ripmo with the Shout fork is connecting on another level. It is like I can have my cake and eat it to - longer more comfortable, confident inspiring geometry (no crouched back pain) and the ability to control the bike that’s natural to me, ie driving weight my short legs. My cornering has returned almost immediately and the fun of corners. With 29ers and longer geometry, focus is consistently on traction and good position in corners or you lose traction quickly. The Ripmo/Shout make corners easy and therefore you rip corners harder and laugh in the process. It’s super cool! I am afraid to touch anything on the bike because of how cool this is - haha! The Ripmo is overkill for Fort Ord, but man it is fun"

Well this weekend, I swapped the fork to Fox 36 Grip2 with 170mm travel ( took it off the 2020 Enduro because I already stole the wheel), and instantly front end traction was gone. You really had to focus on the weighting the front end. Immediately I wanted to lower the travel to 150mm, negative angle set for multiple reasons focused on trying to gain front end traction. I threw Shout back on pretty quickly and the magic was there.

With the Ripley and the shorter front center, it is more fun and easier to ride. The geometry is long enough for comfort and the WB is short enough for control.

I measure my bikes from the BB diagonally to the bars. I found that this number determines my comfort, when out of the saddle. If the bikes geometry is within reasonable adjustment it fits well (reasonable adjustment - some spacers and adjusting stem between 40-50mm)

The Enduro 2020, Ripley V4, and Rimpo V2 - provide me with the same comfort - they have almost the same diagonal measurement within a few millimeters of each other. The difference is front center - BB to front axle. Granted the travel is different, but this is less about travel. It is controlling the front end and traction and the Ripley V4 is more fun and in many ways more capable because of the shorter front center. When I ride the Enduro, I am really pushing more on the front. Ripmo V2 with the Fox feels similar to the Enduro, just a little easier to control. The Shout on the Ripmo V2 feels amazing with respect to cornering control. The Shout felt good on the Enduro, but the length of the Enduro created some issues, those issues are not there with the Ripmo V2.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sorry I disagree with this. This whole low BB on the RipmoV2 that JKW started is kind of BS in my opinion. Trust me I am one to call out Ibis on low BB, which I did on the Mojo 3.

Here let's do some numbers...this will modify with tire choice, but assuming tires are the same.

When I measure the BB on the Ripmo V2, it is 13.5" (343mm) with 147mm of travel. Most of the rear travel is vertical, so at 25% sag, the vertical displacement (0.25*147=37mm), this say at sag = 343-37mm=306mm. For the Specialized Enduro 2020, which does have a low BB, people comment about but have no issues riding it, it is 354mm (in high), I measure something slightly lower - 341. 25% travel on the Enduro = 43mm. At sag - this 298, about 1 cm lower than the Ripmo V2, and yet people ride the Enduro so it says if you drop by 1cm, it is still rideable.

Let talk about vertical difference - 10mm drop in travel, 10mm *cos(90-HA)=9mm, which occurs at the front, divide this by 2 for the mid-point, and it 4.5mm drop for reducing the travel, which is tiny.

20% sag of 160mm is 32mm---> 32*cos(90-HA)=29mm (vertical drop)
    20% sag of 150mm is 30mm--> 30*cos(90-HA)=27mm (vertical drop)+9mm (for less travel) = 36mm of drop

The difference in sag fork and influence on the BB, 29mm/divide by 2 for mid point = 14.5m for 160mm fork, 36mm divide by 2 equals 18mm for a 150mm fork..... SO GRAND TOTAL DIFFERENCE OF 2.5mm!!!!

This is the same going the opposite way to longer travel, the BB difference is small.

The bigger differences are head angle and front center differences, which will be more noticeable than BB.

I think the shorter front center of the Ripley allows you to weight the bike easier and therefore it will be more fun. The Ripmo V2 is more of handful. It depends on your trails.
    Not an expert, just asking questions to learn more.

These are all static values though correct? Impact/load on stroke at the time of pedal impact also needs to be considered correct?

In that regard, one design could have more mid-stroke? support than another under load and impact.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    Not an expert, just asking questions to learn more.

These are all static values though correct? Impact/load on stroke at the time of pedal impact also needs to be considered correct?

In that regard, one design could have more mid-stroke? support than another under load and impact.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    These are highlighting the differences at sag starting with unsagged, static estimates. You can continue the estimates at various travel levels 50% travel, 75%, and 100% to see what the BB height will be. The idea is to account for sag, travel differences, and starting points.

The goal was more to show that 150mm fork is very doable on the Ripmo v2 and will not be uber low in this set-up
    1) the difference of 150mm fork and 160mm fork when sagged is minimal as far as BB height
    2) Ripmo V2 is taller than the Enduro 2020, and everyone rides the Enduro 2020 without too issue

Nothing more than that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

v2 just in...

So excited! my thoughts are:
    (1) how's the new linkage going to make the EXT feel,
    (2) can I get the swap done this weekend with enough time left over for a big ride, and
    (3) how am I possibly going to focus on work until I do?!

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-ripmos.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Here's the other thing - I have been riding the Ripmo V2 with the Shout fork. This has been amazing. I sent this to my friends....

"Its a little premature for me and Ripmo…but it is giving me my swagger back. It is something I have lost for some time. There are a few bikes that I have owned that have become an extension of myself (Uprising/Calling) and where I could really let loose and smile about. I would say since switching to 29ers that I have lost this. You kind of forget this feeling. You chalk it up to old riding positions on smaller wheels and shorter bikes. Even though I like/prefer the 29er and new the geometry, I haven’t been 100% one with them. The Ripley brought back my enjoyment from the hole that I dug with riding the Offering. Something about the Ripmo with the Shout fork is connecting on another level. It is like I can have my cake and eat it to - longer more comfortable, confident inspiring geometry (no crouched back pain) and the ability to control the bike that’s natural to me, ie driving weight my short legs. My cornering has returned almost immediately and the fun of corners. With 29ers and longer geometry, focus is consistently on traction and good position in corners or you lose traction quickly. The Ripmo/Shout make corners easy and therefore you rip corners harder and laugh in the process. It’s super cool! I am afraid to touch anything on the bike because of how cool this is - haha! The Ripmo is overkill for Fort Ord, but man it is fun"

Well this weekend, I swapped the fork to Fox 36 Grip2 with 170mm travel ( took it off the 2020 Enduro because I already stole the wheel), and instantly front end traction was gone. You really had to focus on the weighting the front end. Immediately I wanted to lower the travel to 150mm, negative angle set for multiple reasons focused on trying to gain front end traction. I threw Shout back on pretty quickly and the magic was there.
    The Shout on the Ripmo V2 feels amazing with respect to cornering control. The Shout felt good on the Enduro, but the length of the Enduro created some issues, those issues are not there with the Ripmo V2.
    ...Dude! You're *killing* me! You've languaged my only nit-pick of the Ripmo (which, really is just true of any bike modern geo) - to really weight that front end. A few times I didn't pay attention and it almost got bad. I can't complain w/ the compromises of the modern design - I like it - but always wanted a little extra reassurance if/when I get a little lazy.

Sounds like the Shout does a lot of that automatically... which is amazing. I've also heard that it's not as stiff as the Message, more plush. I've got a Vorsprung Smashpot coil in my 36 b/c I like the supple small-bump & glued response. Also like that I don't have to F w/ pressures... just always set right. But - it's HEAVY (actually I think >1lb heavier than the Shout?!) Can't believe I'd actually *loose* weight putting that big monster on, plus improve steering.

Every time I see the Shout, it looks like a freakin' alien monster to me. I tend not to be too worried about looks, but that thing takes me to my edge. Still, your pics on the v2 don't look that bad! Also, it's f'n $2k(!), and... is the company is just on 'break', or did they officially go under?

Still... please do keep posting your experiences on that thing (and maybe a few more beauty pics). What tires you running, BTW?? Wld love to hear all the details - I'm sure I'm not the only one who's super-curious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Smile

The listed reach is the same for the Ripmo V2 and the Ripley V4 (size L and XL frames only). The front center differences are due to head angle and fork height. With angle adjust headsets you could make a Ripmo match a Ripley's head angle, and vice versa, with or without accompanying fork travel changes. So either frame could potentially be reconfigured from short and playful to long and stable or anywhere in between.

Would reducing the Ripmo's usable rear travel by maxing out the volume spacers make it feel more like a Ripley? Extending the rear travel of a Ripley is not as easy, or practical. Maybe the Ripmo is the more versatile choice for those who can have only one. The ultimate solution is to own both like Dude!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farbar View Post
    I can get my head around most things MTB, but crank standards elude me. If I were to want a RaceFace Next R crankset for my covid-19 delayed Ripmo 2, is this correct?

- 136mm spindle size
    - BSA CINCH 30mm 68/73mm width BB
    Thats what's in my garage waiting to be put on my frame... So I hope its right.

mtbr member
    Can anyone who has had or ridden a HD5 compare these 2 bikes?

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Anyone know where I can find a Large NX build? All my local shops are telling me they're backordered until September Pretty much a lost season of riding if that's the case.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is anyone running a 170mm fork?

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Have you heard anything on your bike status? I'm almost a month in and frame hasn't shipped to them yet. Ordered a V1 from Bikeco.com

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Cramey34 View Post
    I just ordered one from Bikeco.com. They have been fantastic to work with and swapped out some things for me. Plus they have a good sale going on for the V1 now.
    Have you heard anything on your bike status? I'm almost a month in and frame hasn't shipped to them yet. Ordered a V1 from Bikeco.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Just pulled the trigger on a GX build V2! One of the LBS here had one. With my previous bike selling last week I decided to take the plunge. First time Ibis owner! I can't wait to take it for spin for the first time.

Travel the Narrow Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by jchan417 View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a Large NX build? All my local shops are telling me they're backordered until September Pretty much a lost season of riding if that's the case.
    Try calling Shaun at N+1bikes.net... If he can't get you one then no one right now can. Tell him Jason sent you, he'll take care of you, trust me. That is if he can get one.

Equipment:
    2020 Ripmo v.2
    2020 Hightower v.2

mtbr member
    Deposit just placed. Let's hope the delayed shipments aren't too bad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My dealer in Germany told me shipment date will be December. Hands down.

Guess I will take a closer look to their neighbour brand.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Only two rides so far, but it feels great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-04-23 17.41.18.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	1327473

Name:	2020-04-25 08.19.34.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	556.4 KB 
ID:	1327475
    Nice....hang on to that fork, I understand trust closed their doors for good....
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    How would the Marzocchi bomber coil work on the V2. It cheaper then others but doesn’t have a climb switch. Plan would be to use the bomber in places like Sedona and Moab and use the air shock for longer ride days.

mtbr member
    O don't think Ibis advise the use of that shock ,it’s like the DHX from
    Fox,it doesn’t play nice with the clevis type shock mount.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    How would the new Marzocchi Bomber coil work on the V2? It’s cheaper but doesn’t have a climb switch. I would use the coil in places like Sedona and Moab and Air shock of all day tamer rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    What about the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate coil? Would that be a good choose?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnil View Post
    What about the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate coil? Would that be a good choose?
    Check the BKXC Chanel on youtube

https://youtu.be/adE4Mbz_PeQ

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post
    Check the BKXC Chanel on youtube

https://youtu.be/adE4Mbz_PeQ
    Thanks, I know he is running one. Have not watched all videos and heard his opinion and he is sponsored too which might be a problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Medium Ride Wrap

So, I accidentally ordered the wrong size tailored ride wrap for my Ripmo 2.

I need to sell or return the medium/gloss. There is a 20% plus shipping restock fee.

Does anyone want to buy it from me instead?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laserjockrock View Post
    So excited! my thoughts are:
    (1) how's the new linkage going to make the EXT feel,
    (2) can I get the swap done this weekend with enough time left over for a big ride, and
    (3) how am I possibly going to focus on work until I do?!

Name:	RipmoS.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	1330829
    I am very interested in running a coil on this bike (whenever it finally comes!) so want your opinion how the EXT does. Specifically does it mute/dampen the poppy feeling on this bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    If any of you who actually got your frames/bikes are interested, I have a RideWrap Ripmo V2 complete frame kit, gloss, size medium, and a gloss Fox 36 2021 kit to go with it. I got tired of waiting for Ibis and canceled my order. Willing to let either RideWrap kit go for a bit of a haircut. PM me and we can work something out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Can a shop order V2 with a coil from the factory? Or is Fox DPX2 and Float the only options?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Can a shop order V2 with a coil from the factory? Or is Fox DPX2 and Float the only options?
    Maybe call the shop?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ibis b2b site shows next batch of Rimpos being shipped on 11/15. Anyone know if that batch will be speced with the new 2021 Fox suspension? Or would they already have build kits and just waiting for frames to come in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Ibis b2b site shows next batch of Rimpos being shipped on 11/15. Anyone know if that batch will be speced with the new 2021 Fox suspension? Or would they already have build kits and just waiting for frames to come in?
    I contacted Ibis directly about this and received a response from Scot Nicol, AKA "Chuck Ibis" Founder, Ibis Cycles and this was his response: "... we will be updating our forks. I'm not sure when the switchover will happen. Probably in the next couple of weeks, but that's just a guess."

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    For what it's worth, the Ripmo AFs shipping in September will get upgraded dvo forks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I ordered the V2 as soon as it was technically possible to order on the day of release, but delivery is still anybody's guess. I see Yeti SB130s are in stock locally. Has anyone compared the SB130 to the Ripmo?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I got my V2 2 days ago and it has the older Fox rear shock. I was hoping it would come with the 2021, but it did not. I ordered my fork separately and got a 2021 Fox 36.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What rear shock did you get?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Ibis Ripmo V2

Here my new custom Ripmo V2 ...so excited ->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-img_8909.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-img_8914.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-img_8913.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-img_8911.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-img_8910.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Ripmo V2 Build

Hi Ripmo V2 fans (or wanna-be fans).

I ordered a V2 Feb 20. Of course the original April ship date was pushed back to August. Word is that August deliver is still on track and it's time to finalize some build details.

The basics are:
    • Ripmo V2 Star Destroyer Gray Medium
    • Fox X2 rear shock,
    • Lyrik Ultimate29 DebonAir Charger 2.1 RC2 Fork,
    • Sram X01 Eagle AXS derailleur and controller,
    • Sram X01 Eagle DUB AXS cranks,
    • Code RSC brakes

• RockShox Reverb AXS 150mm seatpost
    • Crankbrothrers Synthesis E11 Wheelset w/ I9 Hydra hubs

I am 5'-10", 160 lbs, 32" inseam. Dealer advised that the 170mm seatpost would be too long for my height and medium Ripmo. I would like to know if anyone here can verify or debunk that. Also would like to know if the updated Fox Float 36 or 38 Performance fork would be a better choice. I have yet to see any comparative review of the Lyrik to the updated Float 36 or 38 Performance forks.

I would also love to hear from anyone that ordered the Ripmo V2 on or after Feb 20 and has received their bike (or been advised of another delay in delivery)!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bdealva View Post
    I am 5'-10", 160 lbs, 32" inseam. Dealer advised that the 170mm seatpost would be too long for my height and medium Ripmo. I would like to know if anyone here can verify or debunk that.
    For reference I'm almost your exact size and am running a 185 Revive on a size Large with no issues. Check the "Dropper Insert" tab on the configuration page and compare to what you currently have.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Ibis Ripmo V2 Dropper Insert Depth

Check the "Dropper Insert" tab on the configuration page and compare to what you currently have.
    Thanks tbondu. Where is the "Dropper Insert Tab" located? I do not find it on the Ibis site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I am 5'-10", 160 lbs, 32" inseam. Dealer advised that the 170mm seatpost would be too long for my height and medium Ripmo. I would like to know if anyone here can verify or debunk that.
    170mm on a medium is fine for 32" inseam

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi Ripmo V2 fans (or wanna-be fans).

I ordered a V2 Feb 20. Of course the original April ship date was pushed back to August. Word is that August deliver is still on track and it's time to finalize some build details.

The basics are:
    • Ripmo V2 Star Destroyer Gray Medium
    • Fox X2 rear shock,
    • Lyrik Ultimate29 DebonAir Charger 2.1 RC2 Fork,
    • Sram X01 Eagle AXS derailleur and controller,
    • Sram X01 Eagle DUB AXS cranks,
    • Code RSC brakes

• RockShox Reverb AXS 150mm seatpost
    • Crankbrothrers Synthesis E11 Wheelset w/ I9 Hydra hubs

I am 5'-10", 160 lbs, 32" inseam. Dealer advised that the 170mm seatpost would be too long for my height and medium Ripmo. I would like to know if anyone here can verify or debunk that. Also would like to know if the updated Fox Float 36 or 38 Performance fork would be a better choice. I have yet to see any comparative review of the Lyrik to the updated Float 36 or 38 Performance forks.

I would also love to hear from anyone that ordered the Ripmo V2 on or after Feb 20 and has received their bike (or been advised of another delay in delivery)!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    Hi, I have ordered my Ripmo mid February. I got the shipment Information yesterday Original shipment date was Mid April...

I would also suggest to run the 170mm Post. I am 5'11'' (short legs) and I always ride a 170mm post.

And I would prefer the new 36 Grip2 Fork vs. the Lyrik. Both are very good but I like the compression damping from the Grip2 catridge more.

El Mirador
    I ordered the day it came out and received the frame mid April. Finishing the build hopefully this week. I am 6.16 and getting the 150 Reverb AXS, based on my current HD3 measures. Scroll down in https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/ripmo to where the Specs/Facts/Setup/Dropper tabs are.

mtbr member
    Any advice on a chain guard which would fit a Ripmo AF?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Very nice, have a blast with it. As a V1 owner, I have loved the bike for it's versatility, efficiency and fun factor.....

El Mirador
    Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_095335.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-2.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_100607.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_095556.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_095452.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_095439.jpgIbis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200717_095515.jpg

After three months of COVID19 waiting for parts, here is the full build at last! First impressions after a 90 minute ride: it plows. It climbs better than my HD3. It looks huge (XL, I am 187 cm) but feels like it's smaller. Slightly less agile than the HD3, probably has to do with the 2.6 tyres or the handlebar being too high (around 6 cm above the seat now). The seat hits the rear tyre when down and going fast over big bumps, but then I'm lucky I can use the full travel of the 150 dropper - short legs I guess. The reduction in chatter versus the HD3 is remarkable, carbon wheels or just the fact that they are 29", not sure. Apologies for the landscape format of the photos.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Nice Bike! I placed my order back in May, ETA is Dec.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Wow, I feel lucky with my March 15th delivery now. Great bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I ordered a size large V2 frame in BZB, with an X2, at that time, it was supposed to come in around April and got pushed back to July. It did arrive in July on I think the 8th. Of course now waiting for a few parts to make it all work, but I think I should have it ready to go this week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Finally my Ripmo Star Destroyer is ready. So happy with the build.
    Hopefully I can test it next week. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154414.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154421.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154435.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154441.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154511.jpg  

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-20200721_154429.jpg  

Last edited by gregalff; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KodiakAK View Post
    7 month lead time! Damn. I was thinking about swapping my AF for one but I think I'll keep my 2 lbs of water bottle and tube in my fanny pack and just pretend I have the carbon until they catch up with supply in 2022!
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Jul 2020

Dropper post length for V2

Just put in my order for a v2 and I'm looking at dropper post lengths. I read the review posted by mtbr and the reviewer said at 5'8" he fit a 210mm one up dropper post in his medium frame.

I thought that was crazy at first, but looking at the specs the seat tube length on the medium is pretty short at 14.5". Additionally, the max insertion on the medium is 300mm, which is enough to fit the 210 one up dropper right to the seat post collar. With the -20mm travel adjustment that the one up dropper has, I'm really starting to think that I can ride the same 210 dropper post. For reference, I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam and I like to ride with the dropper slammed into the frame.

What dropper length are others running that have a V2? Does the saddle scrub the rear tire when the post is all the way down and dropper is all the way in the seat tube?

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Josh Patterson the author of the mtbr first ride article got back to me in the comments. He said while the 210mm dropper did work for him in the medium frame at 5'8 with a 30" inseam that the seat may have been too far out of the way for certain instances like scrubbing jumps and hard cornering.

I hadn't considered how the seat could be too low and like him I decided to go with the 185mm bike yoke instead. Should fit me with just a little bit of the dropper post not slammed into the frame. It's pretty awesome that I can upgrade my deore build to a bike yoke for $125.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedrd View Post
    So, I accidentally ordered the wrong size tailored ride wrap for my Ripmo 2.

I need to sell or return the medium/gloss. There is a 20% plus shipping restock fee.

Does anyone want to buy it from me instead?

Thanks
    Do you still have the medium Ride Wrap? If yes, please confirm whether you have the full "Tailored" version and what you would let it go for.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is that what it comes down to, 2 lbs. all things being equal?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Is that what it comes down to, 2 lbs. all things being equal?
    Yes, if they're equal builds but on this forum you'll see people comparing the AF NX with a coil, DVO, dual Assegai exo+ tires to carbon GX and XO bikes with air shock, Fox and lighter tires then they throw their hands up and say "this thing weighs a ton". Well, of course it does with that build!
    2020 Ripmo AF

El Mirador
    Quote Originally Posted by KodiakAK View Post
    Damn, that's a long wait, which you will survive by knowing you made the right choice. This thing goes up incredibly well, long sustained climbs and short rocky steeps. After three days of 230 km and 6,100 meters of climbing, even my butt hurts less than with my previous bikes. I am surprised at how natural the geometry feels, almost no adaptation time. Going down gnarly bits, maybe the long wheelbase is the only thing that needs some getting used to. Cheer up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Do you still have the medium Ride Wrap? If yes, please confirm whether you have the full "Tailored" version and what you would let it go for.

Thanks.
    I returned it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Ripmo V2 Dropper post length

Quote Originally Posted by sullzz View Post
    I read the review posted by mtbr and the reviewer said at 5'8" he fit a 210mm one up dropper post in his medium frame. I thought that was crazy at first
    I cannot reconcile use of a 210 one up dropper or for that matter the 185 bike yoke for someone 5'-10" with a 30" inseam. Those happen to be my measurements. Referring to the Ibis DROPPER POST SADDLE HEIGHT CALCULATIONS, I see the measurement from center BB to center of saddle rail (mm) for the 185 bike yoke in a medium frame is 632.7 mm (min) and 740.8 mm (max).

I ordered my V2 with the Reverb AXS 160. On my current bike (2013 Carbon Stumpjumper EVO 29) with an LEV post I measured 680 mm in the high position and 555 mm in the low position. When I saw the 596 mm / 716 mm min/max height spec for the 125 Reverb in the medium frame I decided to go with the shorter post. I certainly do not need a post that goes higher than my leg length allows and am a little disappointed that no post listed in the Ripmo V2 DROPPER POST SADDLE HEIGHT table will allow as low a position as I have on my current bike.

What am I missing here? Is the Ibis table not correct?

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    On the Ibis site the max/min numbers are with the dropper fully extended (max is with the post at minimum insertion, min is at maximum insertion). So if the min number is equal to or less than your max bb to rails height, you’re good to go with that post. Lowest drop is the min number minus the post travel (170, 150, or 125)

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    That makes sense, glad I asked, thank you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi.

Has anyone put the frame on a scale?

size? shock?

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Good news on the availability front. My frame ordered on May 20th has shipped so they’re ahead of the original shipping estimate of August 20.

mtbr member
    Anyone has news about the new GX 52 cassette being sourced in the new GX builds? Wanting to pull the trigger but looking for getting it as part of the deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJoe View Post
    Good news on the availability front. My frame ordered on May 20th has shipped so they’re ahead of the original shipping estimate of August 20.
    Fingers crossed! I'm about the same time frame. I haven't heard anything, but I also haven't reached out to my LBS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Not sure about the 10-52 spec on new builds, but the Ibis site now has base spec with DVO suspension. Optional upgrades are now 2021 fox suspension. No more DPX2 or Performance 36 standard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Got my V2 three days ago. Ordered it about a week and a half prior to that. Shop was able to add on my full kit to their frame order that was due in last week... I believe they got in quite a few Ripmo frames... This is the Tenafly Bicycle Workshop in NJ in case anyone local is looking....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectahDeck View Post
    Not sure about the 10-52 spec on new builds, but the Ibis site now has base spec with DVO suspension. Optional upgrades are now 2021 fox suspension. No more DPX2 or Performance 36 standard.

I was just looking at the b2b site. So can you know order a v2 carbon bike with DVO Jade X and Onyx fork? And vise versa get an AF with FOX? and what the 'custom tune' on the Onyx?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Im building out my V2 now and like to know if anyone has any experience or thoughts on the 2021 Fox 38 vs Fox 36 for this bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

New Build

Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-ibis1.jpg
    Ibis Ripmo V2 Thread-ibis2.jpg

2020 Ripmo V2, size large, Bug Zapper Blue
    2021 Fox 36, 160 mm, BZB decals (I could only find them in matte finish)
    Chris King head set
    ENVE M6 bars, 160 mm, and M6 stem, 50 mm
    Race Face Next R crank, 175 mm, Absolute Black 30 tooth ring, Race Face threaded BB
    SRAM AXS shifter and rear der, SRAM AXS 10/50 cassette and chain (oil slick color)
    SRAM AXS dropper 150 mm (this is from my old bike and the Ripmo could easily fit a longer dropper)
    Shimano XT 4 piston brakes and XTR 180 rotors front and rear
    Ibis 935 Carbon wheels, I9 hubs, Maxis DHF EXO 2.50 front tire and Maxis Aggressor EXO 2.50 rear tire.
    ESI Extra Chucky grips
    Arundal cage
    WTB saddle (off my old bike, needs to get replaced)
    Last edited by cgauss; 2 Days Ago at 08:24 AM.

El Mirador
    Nice! Weight?

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mdksniper View Post
    Got my V2 three days ago. Ordered it about a week and a half prior to that. Shop was able to add on my full kit to their frame order that was due in last week... I believe they got in quite a few Ripmo frames... This is the Tenafly Bicycle Workshop in NJ in case anyone local is looking....
    Was that a stock build or with upgrades? I've heard the upgrades can cause a lot longer lead time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJoe View Post

That is good news! I order my V2 on May 30th. The ETA is DEC. Hopefully its sooner than that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mdksniper View Post

That's crazy fast! Before I ordered mine back in May I called around a dozen bike shops in the DMV area. They all said I had to order one and the ETA was Dec. Hopefully Ibis is catching up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just checking the Ibis website the frame only option comes with the DVO Topaz shock as standard instead of the DPX2

Could any new owner confirm that?

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I think it will depend on when it was ordered. It should come with the named shock that was listed when ordered by your bike shop. It may be a newer shock though. My x2 is a 2021 version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12