Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,646 of 1646
    sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    My grip2 was feeling a bit harsh out of the box took the volume spacer out and it made a big difference, it might go back in after I do my first service or after it breaks in a bit more, getting full travel now.

Was gonna change the bath oil and check to make sure I donít have excessive grease in the negative chamber that some have reported but it looks like they call for a different bath oil in the damper side for the grip 2, so I need to order that now before I try to service it, so beware of that before you try to service it.
    How much do you weigh?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Well Biked
    To those of you who were bottoming out too often. What is full travel looking like on your X2? How close to the Kashima logo?

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock View Post
    To those of you who were bottoming out too often. What is full travel looking like on your X2? How close to the Kashima logo?
    Not as close as I had thought. I thought bottom out would have more travel but guess not.

mtbr member
    On my 2018 X2, full travel is at the bottom of the Kashima logo. Air down your shock and compress the suspension to check yours.

FWIW I don't bottom out very often with the '18 X2 and 2 spacers. I'm 190-195 lbs ready to ride. I run 210-215 psi. I'm at -18 LSC / -22 HSC (I may have added a click or 2 recently and forgot to note it). On medium jumps to flat (my max skill) and fast chunk I don't use full travel. Pretty much the only time I do use full travel is hard g outs.

Now if I was riding Whistler type trails all the time, coming down fast off big slab transitions, then I might be wanting to run another spacer or more HSC or a '19 X2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I've been able to push the o-ring all the way to the end on hard bottom out. Using the Kashima logo as reference, I'm past it. 180lb w/ gear, M frame, 2019 X2 with 2x volume spacers.

Well Biked
    I get about 1/8" away from the logo, and its not feeling like a hard bottom, but I get there often. I got into the logo once while having the HSC dialed all the way out, so I guess they built a little reserve into it.

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal-Rider View Post
    On my 2018 X2, full travel is at the bottom of the Kashima logo. Air down your shock and compress the suspension to check yours.

FWIW I don't bottom out very often with the '18 X2 and 2 spacers. I'm 190-195 lbs ready to ride. I run 210-215 psi. I'm at -18 LSC / -22 HSC (I may have added a click or 2 recently and forgot to note it). On medium jumps to flat (my max skill) and fast chunk I don't use full travel. Pretty much the only time I do use full travel is hard g outs.

Now if I was riding Whistler type trails all the time, coming down fast off big slab transitions, then I might be wanting to run another spacer or more HSC or a '19 X2.
    I'm 150lbs with gear and I run 175 psi and bottom out quite often. I have a '18 X2 with 3 spacers in it.

I ride pretty hard though...wonder if getting a custom tune would help?

Here's a video of some local trails:

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarsh15 View Post
    I'm 150lbs with gear and I run 175 psi and bottom out quite often. I have a '18 X2 with 3 spacers in it.

I ride pretty hard though...wonder if getting a custom tune would help?

Here's a video of some local trails:

Sweet video and mad skills. What area is this?

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    Sweet video and mad skills. What area is this?

Somewhere near Lake Tahoe

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

I ride pretty hard though...
    I'm riding those same trails. I set my sag at 20%/14mm and bottom out every run, even the trails without the bigger jumps. I've tried riding it firmer, but am not liking that. I guess the one thing is that I don't feel or notice the bottom out.

I just switched to 3 spacers in my 18 X2. When I was messing with it, I tried 4, and was surprised how low a pressure I reached sag. Scared to ride it like that given the limitations of the 18.

I wonder what a custom tune could do on such an adjustable shock. Would it be the same as just adjusting it?

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    No point in custom running as the range is huge. That is unless you are at the end of an adjustment.
    Spring rate is way more important and you can run more spacers as long as you keep your pressure lower than an adjusted max. With 4 spacers you can have much lower psi and stI'll have extra bottom out resistance.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Somewhere near Lake Tahoe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedrd View Post
    I'm riding those same trails. I set my sag at 20%/14mm and bottom out every run, even the trails without the bigger jumps. I've tried riding it firmer, but am not liking that. I guess the one thing is that I don't feel or notice the bottom out.

I just switched to 3 spacers in my 18 X2. When I was messing with it, I tried 4, and was surprised how low a pressure I reached sag. Scared to ride it like that given the limitations of the 18.
    Iíve been told that as long as your psi x compression ratio is lower than the max 250psi x compression ratio with 2 spacers youíll be ok to add spacers. In my case my max psi with 2 spacers is 725. Iím currently on. A theoretical max psi of 670psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #bleedblackdieevil

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Pardon the spam. If anyone is looking for a ripmo 210x55 DPX2, I have one for sale on PB.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2469040/
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

Well Biked
    Has anybody else had issues with their I9 rear hubs creaking? After tracking down a creak from a pretty new bike, it was found the hub was pretty dry and needed lubing. Now a couple months later the creak is back. I this an issue with I9?

Has anybody else had issues with their I9 rear hubs creaking? After tracking down a creak from a pretty new bike, it was found the hub was pretty dry and needed lubing. Now a couple months later the creak is back. I this an issue with I9?
    The eagle and 1 piece sram 11 speed cassettes will get dirty and creak on the free hub. They do it on all manufactures. Is this what your taking about?

Well Biked
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    The eagle and 1 piece sram 11 speed cassettes will get dirty and creak on the free hub. They do it on all manufactures. Is this what your taking about?
    I do have Eagle XO, but there was no play in it and lubing the hub internals got rid of the creak the first time (and made the hub a lot more silent). I am assuming it's the same issue again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Any chance it sounds like this? https://youtu.be/A8jCO01P9Bw
    I have the exact same creak but 10x worse.

Well Biked
    Quote Originally Posted by doberboy View Post
    Any chance it sounds like this? https://youtu.be/A8jCO01P9Bw
    I have the exact same creak but 10x worse.
    Yes, yours is worse. Mine is pretty regular with steady pedaling. And last time it got worse and worse. I wonder if there are seal issues letting contaminants in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I had the same thing only worse. It was a banging sound. somehow the freehub had radial play and was slipping. I9 is working with my mechanic to fix. just over 100 miles on the hub.

I started a Ripmo suspension tuning thread.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/ibis/ripmo-fo...l#post13875047

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    How much do you weigh?
    185 naked

Ibis Ripmo - 145/160mm long travel 29er-44977588_2371716372901219_4994349363774881792_o-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yes, yours is worse. Mine is pretty regular with steady pedaling. And last time it got worse and worse. I wonder if there are seal issues letting contaminants in?
    My I9s get really creaky w/o regular lube... Pretty simple task to pop off the freehub body and dribble a few drops of Tenacious Oil on the housing every 6 months or so.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have a Ripmo NX build on order. My dilemma is do I run the Fox performance fork that it comes with, or swap it out for a MRP Ribbon coil 160mm 51mm offset fork or Pike 160mm 46mm offset fork that I plan to convert to coil with the ACS-3 conversion?

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlhrd View Post
    My I9s get really creaky w/o regular lube... Pretty simple task to pop off the freehub body and dribble a few drops of Tenacious Oil on the housing every 6 months or so.
    Almost around 1,000 miles on my Ripmo now and my i9's havent creaked at all. Must be a bad batch.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by evan9r View Post
    I have a Ripmo NX build on order. My dilemma is do I run the Fox performance fork that it comes with, or swap it out for a MRP Ribbon coil 160mm 51mm offset fork or Pike 160mm 46mm offset fork that I plan to convert to coil with the ACS-3 conversion?
    Why not do the Ribbon Coil with the shorter offset? They will do that for you at the factory. If you already have the Ribbon, you can send it in and they can change the crown for you.

Ribbon Coils are oh so sweet. I had one on my Ripley, running the Factory 36 on my Ripmo. If it was zero dollars to switch to the Ribbon Coil I'd do so in a heartbeat.

mtbr member
    Greetings Ripmo owners... if you ever notice creaking in our hubs, give this a shot.

1. Remove Cassette.
    2. Remove the FH body.
    3. Apply a thin layer of waterproof grease to the exposed axle and the inside of FH bearings and spacer.
    4. Apply a healthy amount of Dumond Tech Pro X freehub grease (lasts longer and is quieter) or Dumond Tech Freehub oil to the pawl faces, pawl pivots and ID of the drivering. We use Dumond Tech in our shop as the OE lube. You can also use DT freehub grease or Chris King ringdrive grease if you don't have any of the Dumond Tech products available, but we don't recommend heavier greases or oils as they can cause the pawls to stick and potentially damage the FH body.
    5. Reinstall the FH body.
    6. Apply a thick layer of waterproof grease to the OD of the FH body and on XD cassettes to the ID of the cassette itself and torque down to recommended torque listed by cassette manufacturer - typically 350--420 inch/lbs.

Check our support page online for more disassembly tips and info.

If the above list of fixes aren't providing a solution for an acceptable service interval for you, please feel free to contact us.

The best way to reach us is phone or email. 828-210-5113 or service@industrynine.net

Thanks -

The Service Team at i9
    Official handle for Industry Nine Componentry
    www.industrynine.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Industry Nine View Post
    Greetings Ripmo owners...

....Snip......

If the above list of fixes aren't providing a solution for an acceptable service interval for you, please feel free to contact us.

The best way to reach us is phone or email. 828-210-5113 or service@industrynine.net

Thanks -

The Service Team at i9
    I9 is great with tech help and service!!!..

United States
    Aug 2009
    This bike is too much fun...

mtbr member
    This bike is too much fun...
    Pinned! Nice riding and video.

Just wondering how you find the fit of the Large at 5'11? I'm 6' with a long inseam and thinking of going the XL with a short stem.

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Creg View Post
    Pinned! Nice riding and video.

Just wondering how you find the fit of the Large at 5'11? I'm 6' with a long inseam and thinking of going the XL with a short stem.
    The large seems to fit me perfectly, but any taller and I might have considered the XL.

I would test ride them both to be sure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Is M reasonable for 5'11 ?

The large seems to fit me perfectly, but any taller and I might have considered the XL.

I would test ride them both to be sure.
    High !
    I'm searching for a fun but not necessary fast bike. I'm 5'11 and I'd like your advice for a M size...
    Will it do it or should I take a L ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    A medium sized Ripmo would be way too small for me at 5`11". If you're looking for a more playful bike I'd get a Mojo 3 or Ripley LS.

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Garulfo View Post
    High !
    I'm searching for a fun but not necessary fast bike. I'm 5'11 and I'd like your advice for a M size...
    Will it do it or should I take a L ?
    You would need a large for sure. I wouldnt do a medium at 5'11"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I am 5í8Ē and I preferred the large. The medium seemed short to me, I think because of the steep seat tube angle.

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm just over 6 feet. A medium is dinky. I went with a L for the fun factor but could have easily ridden an XL.

mtbr member
    Funny.... I'm around 5'10-11" and I just got a medium. The large, even with a 35mm stem, felt WAY too stretched out and big for me. That said, I prefer a more playful bike that I can toss around. I always measure from the back of the saddle to the middle of the handlebar, and the medium Ripmo is exactly the same as my previous bike, a large Spot Mayhem (both with 50mm stems).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    5'10 (177cm) riding a L with a 45mm stem. Would not go for a M.

2018 Ibis Ripmo
    2016 Transition TransAM 275

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Thank you for all your advices I m ridding a stumpjumper 2012 ans was between the two sizes. The bigger empatment of the L +3 cm afraid me. Now having to put a bigger stem on a M would be against the short offset effect ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Funny.... I'm around 5'10-11" and I just got a medium. The large, even with a 35mm stem, felt WAY too stretched out and big for me. That said, I prefer a more playful bike that I can toss around. I always measure from the back of the saddle to the middle of the handlebar, and the medium Ripmo is exactly the same as my previous bike, a large Spot Mayhem (both with 50mm stems).
    Could you give me the mesure you get to compare with my actual bike ?
    I feel at home on a M switchblade and M mondraker foxy 29...

mtbr member
    Apologies for starting a sizing thread. Pretty set on the XL - wish I went that way with my HD4. Thanks for confirming.

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yeah the large is not playful or tossable for a 5'11 person...

mtbr member

Have you left the geo standard or are you over forked or angle setted?

United States
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Creg View Post

Have you left the geo standard or are you over forked or angle setted?
    Standard geometry, 20mm spacing under the bars.

mtbr member

Iím 6í, Large with a 50mm stem. 40mm stem was fun/playful descending but too cramped for climbing comfortably. And I generally prefer shorter more playful geos/ stems. No way in hell could I ever ride a Medium, and could probably upsize to an XL and run a 35mm stem and be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I'm 5'9" and on a large Fugitive, which has very similar geometry. Two of my friends who are pretty close to my height bought Ripmos, one medium with a 50mm stem, and the other large with a 35mm stem. I hopped on the medium and felt very cramped. The large didn't feel very big, but would 100% be the size I would choose.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617