Ibis Ripley V4 Setup / Tuning Thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Ibis Ripley V4 Setup / Tuning Thread

I've been playing with the setup on my bike and decided to start a new thread in order to compile data from other users. I'm going to steal the format from alexbn921's Ripmo tuning thread since it worked well. Once we get a bunch of info compiled, we can share an excel spreadsheet in Google Docs.

This bike is a lot simpler to tune than the Ripmo due to the suspension components themselves not being nearly as adjustable, but the more info we share, the easier it is for everyone to dial in their bikes. I'm using a Shockwiz so I'll share info from that as well. I'll note for those who are new to this, that the recommended settings from Fox/Ibis usually suck for most people. Their recommendations would have me running 96psi in the fork and 245-250psi in the shock, which would basically be rigid up front and pretty stiff out back. The settings below have me using all the travel on bigger 4-5ft drops and steep chunky descents, but not bottoming out harshly at all.

Stick with the template below, and for consistency, all settings will be measured from fully CLOSED (clockwise) unless otherwise noted.

Frame size - L
    Rider weight ready to ride - 205 lb
    Riding style - Moderate / aggressive "XC"
    Terrain - FL, varied terrain with mostly short punchy ups and downs, drops, jumps, rock gardens thrown into the mix

Wheelset: Ibis 935, 29mm internal width

Tire Setup 1 "Home" FL setup
    Front Tire - Maxxis Rekon 3C/EXO/TR 2.6" 18psi
    Rear Tire - Bontrager XR2 Team Issue 2.6" 22psi

Tire Setup 2 "Vacation" setup for mountain trips
    Front Tire - Bontrager XR5 Team Issue 2.6"
    Rear Tire - Bontrager SE4 Team Issue 2.4"

Suspension Setup
    Fork 2020 Fox 34 Factory FIT4 44m Offset 130mm, comes with 3 10cc green volume spacers

Air Pressure________72 psi
    Volume Spacers_____3
    Sag_______________20%
    Rebound___________13 clicks from fully closed (7 from open)
    LSC_______________17 clicks from fully closed (3 from open)
    HSC_______________fully open

Shock 2020 Fox Factory DPS EVOL 190x45mm, comes with 0.6^in (yellow) spacer

Air Pressure________237 psi
    Volume Spacer______0.6^in
    Sag_______________25% (30% dynamic according to Shockwiz)
    Rebound___________5 clicks from fully closed (9 from open)
    LSC / "Open Mode Adjust" - Position 1 (open), Will use 2 on trails with more pedally sections

Shockwiz likes this shock setup for the most part, but frequently asks for softer HSC, which I can't do anything about. I might drop pressure a few psi and see how it does. Also wants less LSC damping, but this is presumably due to the high anti-squat of the DW-Link suspension as there is next to zero pedal bob - I consistently ran into this on my Ripmo, as have others. Haven't hooked the Shockwiz up to the fork yet, but will soon and will post an update if anything changes.
    Will soon be swapping the fork air shaft to a 140mm and installing a Vorsprung Luftkappe as well.

mtbr member
    Thanks Matt, good stuff!

gravity curmudgeon
    Great idea and start.

I am surprised at your fork air pressure. We're not too far off in riding weight, and I run about 90psi per Fox and Ibis setup recommendations. I have the standard performance version and have not spent any time setting up via fork sag. I wouldn't say the fork has felt supple. I feel that especially on chunkier descents. Maybe I should try lower psi. ;-) With the DPS shock, we are setup very similar.

Edit: I will revise this post with the copy-paste section and my data per the directions after I make a few more adjustments. I like to play with different settings over time before I settle on what I like. I'm a ride first now, think about details later kind of person.
    Last edited by cowdog; 06-05-2019 at 01:13 PM.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Have any of you guys gotten the Fox 34 FIT4 to feel like anything approaching plush for small bumps and chatter? Iím struggling with that currently after four rides, including a session of bracketing a la DIALED (on a tame XC section though). Iím about 205lb geared up as well running these settings on my last ride:

Pressure: 80psi
    Sag: 25% (attack position)
    Rebound: 19 clicks
    Compression: 18 clicks
    Lever: 1 (open)
    Volume spacers: 2

It feels like what I imagine a SID to ride like, stiff and quick but youíll get hammered by high speed chatter and I was struggling to get into the last 25mm of travel even after taking a spacer out. Seems like complaints about the FIT4ís small bump sensitivity are commonplace so a Luftkappe may be in my future, and Iím not even that discerning about suspension (my TALAS actually rode great imo!).

Iím going to drop pressure next and not worry about where sag is for now.

Any of you guys having better luck?

jrm
    mtbr member
    What worked for me was removing both spacers, add about 10-15 psi and back off the reb/comp. Start reb/comp at half from full stop and go from there. It will come. And make sure to make ALL your adjustments in OPEN position....

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I agree with the stock settings being too aggressive. I had a bad spill last week and I think it was because my fork was too harsh. Skipped over a rock and completely lost traction. Anyway, i'm in the 200-205lb range too, and matt.s67's fork pressure surprises me. I have the sag at 25% and my pressure is 86. Maybe i'm not doing the sag right. I typically get off my saddle to attack position.
    Last edited by ashwin; 08-21-2019 at 09:01 PM.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    I agree with the stock settings being too aggressive. I had a bad spill last week and I think it was because my shock was too harsh. Skipped over a rock and completely lost traction. Anyway, i'm in the 200-205lb range too, and matt.s67's fork pressure surprises me. I have the sag at 25% and my pressure is 86. Maybe i'm not doing the sag right. I typically get off my saddle to attack position.
    Setting sag in the attack position is what Jordi from Fox advises in the DIALED episode about basic setup. He also says to do it without using any help from the brakes, which I find to be impossible by myself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Pivot's guide recommends about 70-72 psi for a Fox 34. Their guide is much better IMO than either Ibis' or Fox's guides. Fox recommendations have ALWAYS been way to harsh on my forks, I've always gone about 10-20% less than what they say.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyHitch View Post
    Have any of you guys gotten the Fox 34 FIT4 to feel like anything approaching plush for small bumps and chatter? Iím struggling with that currently after four rides, including a session of bracketing a la DIALED (on a tame XC section though). Iím about 205lb geared up as well running these settings on my last ride:

Pressure: 80psi
    Sag: 20% (attack position)
    Compression: 18 clicks

It feels like what I imagine a SID to ride like, stiff and quick but youíll get hammered by high speed chatter and I was struggling to get into the last 25mm of travel even after taking a spacer out. Seems like complaints about the FIT4ís small bump sensitivity are commonplace so a Luftkappe may be in my future, and Iím not even that discerning about suspension (my TALAS actually rode great imo!).

Iím going to drop pressure next and not worry about where sag is for now.

Any of you guys having better luck?
    (Correction in bold above)

So I had a much better time with the Fox 34 just now on one of my favorite local flow trails. Though thereís not much in the way of rock gardens, there are a decent number of crests to pop off heading down and get a couple feet of air. I have aired down my fork, opened up compression a couple of clicks, and aired down my tires a couple of psi with an accu-gauge rather than using my pumpís gauge. I used 124mm of travel today.

Hereís where Iím at now:

Rider weight: 205lbs
    Pressure: 68psi
    Compression: 20 clicks
    Tire Pressure: 19f/23r HD/NN

Fork is feeling more dialed now but the shock is feeling stiff and fast in comparison so Iíll prob focus on balancing out the rear end on the next couple of rides. Iím just happy that the fork is useable at this point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    (Correction in bold above)

So I had a much better time with the Fox 34 just now on one of my favorite local flow trails. Though thereís not much in the way of rock gardens, there are a decent number of crests to pop off heading down and get a couple feet of air. I have aired down my fork, opened up compression a couple of clicks, and aired down my tires a couple of psi with an accu-gauge rather than using my pumpís gauge. I used 124mm of travel today.

Hereís where Iím at now:

Rider weight: 205lbs
    Compression: 20 clicks
    Tire Pressure: 19f/23r HD/NN

Fork is feeling more dialed now but the shock is feeling stiff and fast in comparison so Iíll prob focus on balancing out the rear end on the next couple of rides. Iím just happy that the fork is useable at this point.
    Those seem like very strange settings for your fork. Are you sure?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post

Which part - the rebound and compression settings?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I have been tweaking my suspension settings the last couple weeks. Figured I would add it to the thread since my fork pressure seems to be way of the previous couple of guys.

I'm 175 pounds with gear.
    My 130mm performance 34 fork with the stock 3 spacers installed is currently at 78psi and 9 clicks of rebound. This gives me about 25% sag and I use most of the travel every ride.
    Performance shock is at 210 psi and 6 clicks of rebound to give me about 30% sag. And I'm also using most of that travel every ride.

Does seem strange that I'm running more psi in the fork than the other 2 guys who weight 30 pounds more than me.....

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crgettle View Post
    I have been tweaking my suspension settings the last couple weeks. Figured I would add it to the thread since my fork pressure seems to be way of the previous couple of guys.

I'm 175 pounds with gear.
    My 130mm performance 34 fork with the stock 3 spacers installed is currently at 78psi and 9 clicks of rebound. This gives me about 25% sag and I use most of the travel every ride.
    Performance shock is at 210 psi and 6 clicks of rebound to give me about 30% sag. And I'm also using most of that travel every ride.

Does seem strange that I'm running more psi in the fork than the other 2 guys who weight 30 pounds more than me.....
    Did you just ride EWS Northstar or something? How big are you going?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Ha ha. No that's the thing. I would call myself an intermediate rider and not doing any drops or big hits at all.
    The shock pressure seems close at least but there must be something different between the fox 34's we have. Performance wouldnt be tuned any different that factory?

mtbr member
    I'm around 175 lbs riding weight, and I run high 60's psi for my Fox 34...

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crgettle View Post
    Ha ha. No that's the thing. I would call myself an intermediate rider and not doing any drops or big hits at all.
    The shock pressure seems close at least but there must be something different between the fox 34's we have. Performance wouldnt be tuned any different that factory?
    Perhaps you donít have any volume spacers installed in that case?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Doubtfull that ibis, or fox for that matter, would ship a bike without any of the 3 spacers.
    Maybe it's more likely that my shock pump reads a little high and yours reads on the low end. Especially when "smmokan" is running same pressure as you but also weights 30 pounds less.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    It's not only the pressure reading (does your pump have high and low gauges?) but it's also the fact that you are using all of your travel without big hits ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    "Big hits" is fairly subjective. I'm using the travel but I have yet to actually feel it bottom out. Maybe if a few others post there fork pressures and there riding weight we will have a better idea. Right now we have you on the low end, me on the high end, and "smmokan" in between us.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Fair enough. I'm a longtime hardtail rider so I tend to ride smoothly without much weight over the fork and no big jumps or drops on an average ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I really love the Ripley v4 but I'm having a hard time with the Fox 34 130mm up front in aggressive riding.

160lbs ready to ride
    67psi
    5 spacers
    LSC 8 clicks from open
    Rebound 12 clicks from slowest
    Always running main compression switch full open

At these settings, I'm constantly bottoming out this fork when riding aggressively. 2-3 feet to flat stuff and just pumping berms and G outs as well. I've had it as high as 75psi up front but it felt quite harsh and still bottomed nearly as frequently.

The fork feels amazing with wheels on the ground and on mellower trails though, I couldn't ask for anything better. Maybe I'm just pushing fork too hard as it feels pretty flexy also and I'm pushing it in stuff I used to ride on the Ripmo. I have a 140 airshaft I'm going to try but not super confident. I know I could try something like a Pike but that's an expensive experiment. I'd really like to get down to maintaining just 1 full suspension bike and I love how the rear end of the Ripley handles, can anyone comment if something like a Pike 140 would hold up better? Been on Fox mostly lately just since I have all the stuff to service.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    hm, i am 180lbs and run 65psi, 1 spacer. i am using the whole travel on most rides so thinkin of adding another spacer back, but never felt bottom out. i ride fast and chunky terrain and would hit maybe 2-3 feet drops at times. i have performance series fork though. i cant imagine bottoming out with 5 spacers, i think i had 3 spacers in originally and really had trouble using all travel.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    subscribed
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yagr68 View Post
    I really love the Ripley v4 but I'm having a hard time with the Fox 34 130mm up front in aggressive riding.

160lbs ready to ride
    67psi
    5 spacers
    LSC 8 clicks from open
    Rebound 12 clicks from slowest
    Always running main compression switch full open

At these settings, I'm constantly bottoming out this fork when riding aggressively. 2-3 feet to flat stuff and just pumping berms and G outs as well. I've had it as high as 75psi up front but it felt quite harsh and still bottomed nearly as frequently.

The fork feels amazing with wheels on the ground and on mellower trails though, I couldn't ask for anything better. Maybe I'm just pushing fork too hard as it feels pretty flexy also and I'm pushing it in stuff I used to ride on the Ripmo. I have a 140 airshaft I'm going to try but not super confident. I know I could try something like a Pike but that's an expensive experiment. I'd really like to get down to maintaining just 1 full suspension bike and I love how the rear end of the Ripley handles, can anyone comment if something like a Pike 140 would hold up better? Been on Fox mostly lately just since I have all the stuff to service.
    Sounds like you have an issue with fork. That many spacers is kind of crazy

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Sounds like you have an issue with fork. That many spacers is kind of crazy
    Yeah, I wonder. I worked my way up from 2 spacers and 5 does seem like a lot, never ran that many before. Going to swap in the 140 and will check everything over.

I know my pump is accurate because everything else I air up seems to function as expected for a given pressure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    I have been riding the v4 ripley for awhile now. Here are my stats...
    Size L stock NX with Performance fork and shock.
    Rider weight 180 with backpack.
    Front fork: low 80's (81-82)
    Shock: 210 psi. I tried to go down to 200 on this but started bottoming out so went back to 210.
    I think the best guide was the Pivot recommendations someone suggested here...

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    This thread may explain my issues and the variability of the settings in this thread. Basically, too much factory grease collecting in the negative chamber of the air spring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My stats after 8 rides
    Size medium with 140mm fox factory 34mm fork and performance shock
    165lbs
    minion dhf 2.5 and minion ss rear-18 & 21 lbs
    fork-3 spacers; 62psi 25% sag using full travel; I added one spacer and that helped with small bump compliance as I was able to lower pressure from around 70psi
    shock-205 psi; bottomed at 200 psi; 25% sag
    east coast trails

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    This thread may explain my issues and the variability of the settings in this thread. Basically, too much factory grease collecting in the negative chamber of the air spring.
    As suspected, Fox apparently dunks their air springs in a vat of grease at the factory and it collects in the negative air chamber after a while. I cleaned this up and added 15psi (to 80psi) to get back to 20% sag with a much more plush ride. Will prob drop back to 75psi tomorrow to see how she rides. Ibis Ripley V4 Setup / Tuning Thread-382fc845-ae1f-42a6-ae71-2df6e857c415.jpg

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudabri View Post
    I think the best guide was the Pivot recommendations someone suggested here...
    Totally agree with that one. After cleaning out my negative volume chamber and removing volume spacers, my Fox Factory suspension is running soooooo good with the Pivot settings. PRs of course, but even better than that is the confidence to know what the suspension is going to do, hold lines in loose and choppy sections, provide margin when I screw up a landing, and give me a boost on uphill technical features.

Hereís where Iím at now with a few mm to spare of travel.

Riding weight: 200lbs

Fork: Fox Factory 34
    Sag: dunno
    Rebound: 14 clicks
    Compression: 15 clicks
    Volume spacers: 1

Shock: Fox Factory DPS
    Pressure: 215psi
    Sag: dunno
    Rebound: 9
    Lever: open
    Open Mode: 1
    Vol spacer: 0.4

Tire Pressure: 19f/23r HD/NN 2.6

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.s67 View Post
    Will soon be swapping the fork air shaft to a 140mm and installing a Vorsprung Luftkappe as well.
    matt.s67, thank you for starting this thread. Very helpful.

Did you end up swapping the fork air shaft to 140mm?

Did you install the Vorsprung Luftkappe?

If yes, which?

Results? Did it change the ride? How?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2MTB View Post
    matt.s67, thank you for starting this thread. Very helpful.

Did you end up swapping the fork air shaft to 140mm?

Did you install the Vorsprung Luftkappe?

If yes, which?

Results? Did it change the ride? How?
    Not Matt, but I messed around with a 140mm Fox 34 when I took my V4 to Sedona and couldn't wait to get the 130 back on. The 140 was more of a detriment climbing than it was an advantage descending IMO. The HTA is already plenty slack and the STA can be adjusted enough on saddle rails to account for only 10mm diff.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    Not Matt, but I messed around with a 140mm Fox 34 when I took my V4 to Sedona and couldn't wait to get the 130 back on. The 140 was more of a detriment climbing than it was an advantage descending IMO. The HTA is already plenty slack and the STA can be adjusted enough on saddle rails to account for only 10mm diff.
    BmanInTheD, hi. Thanks for chiming in.

Interesting about you not liking the 140 fork. Seems like such a small change (1 cm), but apparently enough to notice.

What setting on your FORK and REAR SHOCK have you settled on?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2MTB View Post
    BmanInTheD, hi. Thanks for chiming in.

Interesting about you not liking the 140 fork. Seems like such a small change (1 cm), but apparently enough to notice.

What setting on your FORK and REAR SHOCK have you settled on?
    Hey Mike, I thought the front end wandered a bit trying to climb steep, tech stuff in Sedona compared to the 130 fork. It might have been that I just needed to get used to it but Sedona's not really the place to try to get used to something!

As far as settings, I'm only 145 pounds so probably not much help for you. Think I'm running about 58 in the fork and like 160 in the shock IIRC. Compression open and rebound about 4 clicks from open.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Posted this in the Ripley thread, but this seems to be a better suited thread. I've been on the Ripley for four months now coming from a 135 mm Stumpjumper (with DVO Topaz t3). The geometry and climbing are worlds apart, but I did not expect the rear to feel so harsh over rocks and roots, especially in flat terrain, but also over fast technical stuff down hill. Not the really big stuff, but the smaller rocks and larger roots. I started with the 11 mm recommended sag (Fox DPS Factory), but I think it's extremely uncomfortable. I have now gone with 14 mm sag (~30%) and the larger 0.8" spacer to avoid bottoming out. It's much better. But I still feel it's a bit too stiff. I have also tried lowering pressure and installed an insert in the rear tire. Any suggestions? My settings are now; compression fully open, 195 psi (30% sag), 0.8 spacer, rebound 8 clicks from fully open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I found the factory shock pretty harsh. I switched to a McLeod and out of the box its a much more supple shock. The rear responds a lot better to small hits and the I gained some traction on technical climbs. Rear is super cushy at 11mm sag.

Quote Originally Posted by H-akka View Post
    Posted this in the Ripley thread, but this seems to be a better suited thread. I've been on the Ripley for four months now coming from a 135 mm Stumpjumper (with DVO Topaz t3). The geometry and climbing are worlds apart, but I did not expect the rear to feel so harsh over rocks and roots, especially in flat terrain, but also over fast technical stuff down hill. Not the really big stuff, but the smaller rocks and larger roots. I started with the 11 mm recommended sag (Fox DPS Factory), but I think it's extremely uncomfortable. I have now gone with 14 mm sag (~30%) and the larger 0.8" spacer to avoid bottoming out. It's much better. But I still feel it's a bit too stiff. I have also tried lowering pressure and installed an insert in the rear tire. Any suggestions? My settings are now; compression fully open, 195 psi (30% sag), 0.8 spacer, rebound 8 clicks from fully open.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal005 View Post
    I found the factory shock pretty harsh. I switched to a McLeod and out of the box its a much more supple shock. The rear responds a lot better to small hits and the I gained some traction on technical climbs. Rear is super cushy at 11mm sag.
    Yes, the DPS seems harsh so far. I have now swapped to the 0.6 spacer and gone to 190 psi. Will see tomorrow how it feels. I have also heard good things about the Cane Creek, and I already know the Topaz is good, but I'm not sure a water bottle fits with the Topaz. But best of all would be to get the DPS dialled.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by H-akka View Post
    Yes, the DPS seems harsh so far. I have now swapped to the 0.6 spacer and gone to 190 psi. Will see tomorrow how it feels. I have also heard good things about the Cane Creek, and I already know the Topaz is good, but I'm not sure a water bottle fits with the Topaz. But best of all would be to get the DPS dialled.
    Try messing with the rebound also. Speeding up the rebound help smooth mine out quite a bit, 3 clicks in from full open. This will help keep the shock from packing and staying in the middle of the stroke. Make sure the small black adjuster is on 1 also if you have the factory DPS. Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
    Try messing with the rebound also. Speeding up the rebound help smooth mine out quite a bit, 3 clicks in from full open. This will help keep the shock from packing and staying in the middle of the stroke. Make sure the small black adjuster is on 1 also if you have the factory DPS. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! I went with five clicks. Actually I just used the Pivot Trail 429 settings recommended by Pivot on the Ripley without any change, fork and shock. Seemed to work much better for me than Ibis recommended settings. I'm gonna stick with this for a while.

mtbr member
    Anyone looking to part ways with a L frame Ripley V4?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    New to this thread, but thought I'd throw my fork/shock settings in (I'm 170 in riding kit):

Fork - Pike Ultimate (140mm) w/ 2021 air spring
    75 psi (one volume spacer)
    LSR 9 from open
    LSC 4 from open
    HSC wide open

Shock - Fox DPS
    195 psi (ShockWiz says ~28% dynamic sag)
    Wide open compression
    LSR 6 from open

Of note, my ShockWiz was also telling me to decrease my HSC, so I had Fox change my DPS to the traction tune (haven't ridden it yet as I separated my shoulder going OTB). Additionally, I took my Ripley to a DH/bike park a couple of weeks ago and had some very aggressive bottom-outs with these settings, but I don't really mind that as these settings work great for my usual, east-coast trails.

mtbr member

Ibis Ripley V4 Setup / Tuning Thread

Delete
    Last edited by downhill502; 1 Week Ago at 09:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I posted my suspension setup quite a while ago on this thread and it seems like my shock and fork pressures were very high compared to others. As I suspected, its seems like my shock pump was the culprit.
    So today I picked up a new digital pump. I'm still weighing around 175 pounds with gear and my performance fork is down to 61 psi with the factory 3 spacers still installed. This allows me to use all the travel on the biggest hits.

Shock I'm running about 190 psi but I just dropped to 185 psi to get about 14mm of sag. This pressure does seem low but I have yet to bottom out the back so I guess we will see.

Just like most others have said, these numbers are alot more in line with the pivot set up guide.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My weight ready to ride 160 lb, Height 6' tall running XL Frame

Fox factory grip 2 at 130 mm
    1 volume spacer
    73 psi
    low speed compression all the way open
    High speed compression 3 clicks from open
    Low speed rebound 4 clicks from open
    High speed rebound 3 clicks from open

Fox Factory dps Evol
    3 position lever in medium mode
    187 psi
    Rebound 3 clicks from open

I had a really hard time getting this bike set up properly. The first issue was the fork had so much slick honey in it that with no volume spacers I could not get full travel off of a 4' stair drop to flat. Pulled the lowers cleaned the fork out, used a reasonable amount of slick honey and the correct amount of bath oil and the fork is excellent now.

With the front end sorted out I quickly realized I was blowing through the stroke out back when pushing hard in corners during high speed descending. This was making the bike feel out of control. I couldn't hold a line and it felt unbalanced. Switched the 3 position lever to medium and problem solved. The bike is dialed now and I can truly appreciate what it is capable of.
    Last edited by thenry; 1 Day Ago at 07:56 PM.