mtbr member

Ibis Customer Service

Just wondering how they are.
    I've lived the nightmare of owning a Dean and having to deal
    with them for multitudes of manufacturing issues.

As such, I'm not only checking out reps of bikes but
    also the companies (that in some cases), supposedly stand behind them.

FWIW, I'm considering a Hakkalugi

TIA,
    M
    "Climbers don't hurt any less than others;
    they're just more comfortable being there."
    "Il Pirata"

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Have you searched this forum? Every mention of "customer service: is preceded by "Ibis has the best" and followed by "in any industry, ever." I'm being facetious, but they are good.

Moreover, Hans often answers directly on this forums at some crazy hours to resolve some issues as well.

I haven't tested the CS personally, but I have no worries if I ever need to.

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    It's true. You will not find better customer service anywhere. I have had the opportunity to use their service for my Mojo SL. I don't know how he has time to do it, but Scot answers e-mails. I'm searching for a cross bike too, and Ibis is tops on my list simply because I know they will always take care of any issue that may develop with their bikes.

holding back the darkness
    I tell this to anyone who will listen.
    Ibis has provided me with the best customer service I have ever received. Ever. Not just in bikes and bike related products. Ever. The Entire History of My Consumerism. Best. Ever.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ibis is by far the best product with the best customer service. I've been riding since mid 90's and these guys are the best I've dealt with. They stand behind their product 100% and make sure the customer is happy. Scott , (the owner) is quick to return emails and very helpful.
    Ibis customer for life.

T.W.O.
    ABCD
    Above & Beyond the Call of Duty

Has a cycling disorder
    Ibis customer service is the best I have come across.
    Frameskinô Bike Protection Film
    www.frameskin.com
    Dirtsurferô Custom mudguards
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Ibis CS is just awsome, you will be taken care of, fast.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Thanks for all of the prompt responses.
    It's great to hear all the positive reviews.
    The 'LŁgi just went to top of a very short list.

M
    "Il Pirata"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M13
    Thanks for all of the prompt responses.
    It's great to hear all the positive reviews.
    The 'LŁgi just went to top of a very short list.

M
    Here is a little Black Lung.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Customer Service-hakkalugi-014.jpg  

milesW

mtbr member
    Wow!! Great pic. Thanks.
    Anyone have a good shot of the yellow?

M
    "Il Pirata"

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    I tell this to anyone who will listen.
    Ibis has provided me with the best customer service I have ever received. Ever. Not just in bikes and bike related products. Ever. The Entire History of My Consumerism. Best. Ever.
    Agree 100% with this. These guys are awesome.

mtbr member
    Ibis customer service IS truly awesome. They even honored the warranty on my my dishwasher!

mtbr member
    hahaha thats awesome :P

Dropshot Champ!
    curious what you guys think will happen since they're stopping mojo production (the classic, not the sl) when you need a warranty replacement item like a front or rear tri?

I was looking into getting a rubber grey sl, and there's only one rear tri left for that color in the warehouse (or so I was told)

Anyone else curious and/or nervous about that?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i followed ibis forums for quite a while before deciding. and CS was, is always mentioned as better than expected and above the call. hope never to need it, but it's there.

and just because i know they read the threads. well done folks at ibis. (about 2 months too late on the nuc pesto SL tho, lucky i love the white)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man
    curious what you guys think will happen since they're stopping mojo production (the classic, not the sl) when you need a warranty replacement item like a front or rear tri?

I was looking into getting a rubber grey sl, and there's only one rear tri left for that color in the warehouse (or so I was told)

If they run out of Mojo parts, you probably get SL replacement parts. They're all interchangeable.

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miles wadsworth
    Miles,
    How did you get a black lung already? Do you have a thread somewhere discussing it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Classic replacement

They replaced my broken regular Mojo front triangle with a brand new SL frame (front and rear triangles). I was back on my bike in less than a week. They are that unbelievably good.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by zef95
    If they run out of Mojo parts, you probably get SL replacement parts. They're all interchangeable.
    that is part of my concern though, as that SL rubber grey color has one rear tri left. So what happens to your grey SL when they're out? Do you get a pesto or eddy orange?

Too Much Fun

Ibis CS: The Best In The Biz

Ibis customer service is the best in the industry. They take care of their own. Between the bikes being amazing to ride and the company backing up their shizzle, you can't go wrong.

As a Hakk rider, I strongly endorse the Ibis 29'er. Yeah, the Black Lung is nice, but I've already got a black SL. The Phlemish Green is badass too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Customer Service-hakkthisway.jpg  

- -benja- -

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Great

I will just chime in to say my experience with Ibis has been great.

They spent considerable time with me resolving an issue on my HD, and went out of their way to get it done.

I definitely appreciated it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

second to none

My experience with Ibis CS over the past three years has been every bit as good as reported by others on the forum. I've contacted them for minor issues or requests, and each time received a quick (within hours) reply from The Man Himself, with instant, cheerful resolution. Most recently, I sent pictures of a defect in my three year old Mojo, and heard back within a couple hours with the promise of a replacement.

The interactions not only produce results painlessly, but feel good too. How to explain - it feels like dealing with the mom and pop store in a small town, compared to calling a faceless overseas call center.

This is something I have now come to expect, and in my case it translates into even greater confidence in a product I already love. Case in point: the guys in the LBS (not an Ibis dealer) were acting like it was a funeral when we found the defect. I was the calmest guy in there, since I was pretty sure I would be treated well by Ibis.

I realize the bike business is a bit of an unusual corner of commerce, but nonetheless the CS is something I value highly. I would buy another Ibis (or many, if I could justify it to my wife) because I love the ride. I am an evangelist because they stand behind their product and treat us so well.

bbc
    Bueno!
    Me want Hakkaluggi.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    yes, best customer service in the biz by far

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

since we're posting bikes...

" width="549">

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just finished up a warranty issue with Ibis. Excellent customer service and fast resolution. Very fast replies to email. All worked out well and I am very pleased.

flow where ever you go
    Ordered a lower link for the Mojo one day, got confirmation of shipping in the hour, and the link on my doorstop the next day!

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ABike
    They replaced my broken regular Mojo front triangle with a brand new SL frame (front and rear triangles). I was back on my bike in less than a week. They are that unbelievably good.
    That's good to know because my clear '10 Regular Mojo isn't made anymore colorwise - and didn't think a mat SL rear would look that great on it (but betetr than pesto or orange ... Hopefully I'll never need it.

YRTRNRSHVY
    Apr 2004
    There are a few things I don't like about my Mojo (like the chain suck issue) but the customer service has been fantastic. I love how you call up and get to talk to someone that knows what they are talking about without having to go through an automated menu and they are always helpful and do whatever they can to solve your problem. I came from a Ventana (where you can call up and talk to the man that owns the company, designs the bikes, and actually builds them) so my customer service expectations were very high, and Ibis has met them.

mtbr member
    How is Ibis about out of warranty stuff? I guess the Mojo hasn't been around super long, but I'm curious if anyone has had one fail outside the 3 year warranty and how well Ibis handled it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky
    How is Ibis about out of warranty stuff? I guess the Mojo hasn't been around super long, but I'm curious if anyone has had one fail outside the 3 year warranty and how well Ibis handled it?
    If anyone is going to be reasonable about such a situation, Ibis will be. They hooked me up in a situation that wasn't quite letter of the law.

Dropshot Champ!
    the out of warranty replacement costs are super reasonable too. 250 rear tri, 350 front tri, from the dealers ive talked to.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M13
    Wow!! Great pic. Thanks.
    Anyone have a good shot of the yellow?

M
    also considering an order for a 'lugi- here are some phlegm pics I found in the quest

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Iux6xI8Xa.../Hakkalugi.jpg

https://www.cyclingnews.com/reviews/ibis-hakkalugi

https://taticycles.com/p/375

https://www.bikerumor.com/2009/04/19...clocross-bike/

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miles wadsworth
    Great looking Black Lugi! I placed an order for one and was told they were backlogged to mid Dec but
    just received an update that they now have availability to ship my order now

Yours looks like about my frame sizing- Is it a 50 or a 53? If so, what is your height and inseam?

Im 5'6" with about 29 1/2" inseam and ordered a 50 cm frame based on the 53 cm top tube geometry published. Im hoping I
    selected the correct size.

Thanks! e
    Last edited by enr1co; 11-03-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    Here's my black lung. It's a real thing of beauty. 55cm. 17.6 lbs with the Mud 2s. It will be 16.9 lbs when I put on the road tires.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    How all you guys have had good customer service is beyond me???

I have 3 warranty issues now and had to have the front end of my Mojo replaced due to the head set cup coming lose and causing damage to the carbon fibre.

The quickest Ibis have responded was just under 3 months, I have been waiting for the latest claim now and its 6 month next week!!! They have supplied me with a replacement front end to use but its not like having your own frame, I also had to wait around 3 months for the loan front end.

But after having the same issue 3 times I pushed them to replace the frame with a SL which has no bonded in cup but they were very reluctant at first and did offer me one at £750 which was far more then the difference between the Mojo and Mojo SL. They finally agreed just to replace the front end with a SL but like I said it 6 months next week.

Is that good customer service? I donít think so!!!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam

I have 3 warranty issues now and had to have the front end of my Mojo replaced due to the head set cup coming lose and causing damage to the carbon fibre.

The quickest Ibis have responded was just under 3 months, I have been waiting for the latest claim now and its 6 month next week!!! They have supplied me with a replacement front end to use but its not like having your own frame, I also had to wait around 3 months for the loan front end.

But after having the same issue 3 times I pushed them to replace the frame with a SL which has no bonded in cup but they were very reluctant at first and did offer me one at £750 which was far more then the difference between the Mojo and Mojo SL. They finally agreed just to replace the front end with a SL but like I said it 6 months next week.

stejam,
    Thats a bummer to hear. Are you able to deal direct with Ibis or do you have to use a 3rd party?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Every complaint I have heard about Ibis CS always comes from overseas and is always the fault of the importer and not Ibis. Have you spoken directly to Ibis yet? They are very easy to get in touch with (keep in mind that today is a holiday in the US and many companies are closed thursday and friday).

flow where ever you go
    sounds like a problem with headset installation or the wrong headset to begin with....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

This is the polar opposite of the experience I Had. With all due respect if you have been dealing with an importer who claims to be experiencing issues with Ibis over your issue then I call it BS on the part of the importer. It is so common for distributors to blame the manufacturer for their shortcomings. I have had it too many times from others and I spot it a mile away now. "They're out of stock" BS, "they haven't rung back" BS, etc, etc.
    Having said that your might have slipped through the gap, I'd email Ibis directly every time

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I havenít been dealing with Ibis direct, when i first purchased the bike the importers (Stiff / jungle) were a different company to the who I am dealing with now (2 pure) but if this lasts any longer I may have to contact Ibis direct. Thanks for the advise.

The headset is only the one that was supplied with the full bike (cane creek IS2) which I also have on a Tranny. My friend has the same frame and headset and rides with myself but has had no issues. The only difference is that I run a 150mm fork and he runs a 140mm fork. The bond seams to just brake away on the frame ive had. I have also seen a few people in the forum complain of the same problem thatís why I asked them to replace it with a SL.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    <------- Another customer pleased with Ibis' customer service. I lost the rear saddle nut and bolt to my Mojo seat post recently. I couldn't find a solution locally, so I called them up. They sent one out the same day and didn't even charge me for postage. I know it's not an expensive replacement but it was very helpful and it's the kind of thing I will consider when shopping for my road bike or (eventually) updating my AM bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    stejam. I wouldn't wait for 2 pure. With all due respect they may well be on to it but since you have been waiting, go direct straight away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfehrman
    <------- Another customer pleased with Ibis' customer service. I lost the rear saddle nut and bolt to my Mojo seat post recently. I couldn't find a solution locally, so I called them up. They sent one out the same day and didn't even charge me for postage. I know it's not an expensive replacement but it was very helpful and it's the kind of thing I will consider when shopping for my road bike or (eventually) updating my AM bike.
    I do love their road bike, pure Silk., It isn't their newest which is the Silk SL. Fine riding machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by miles wadsworth; 11-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Niiiiice build on that silk! May I ask what it weighs?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacarbon
    Niiiiice build on that silk! May I ask what it weighs?
    Thanks, 14.5 lbs with the heavy Zipps and 13.5 with the Rolf Aero Elan wheels.But these are my new wheels even lighter. Sorry for boasting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis Customer Service-edge-wheel-004.jpg  

milesW

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    That is pretty darn impressive! Yea, you should TOTALLY get the SL, you really need it to shed that last 0.015 lbs :-P

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    That is a gorgeous bike! I've been thinking that someone should start a thread for bikes that are pieces of art and that bike should be in it.

mtbr member
    That is pretty darn impressive! Yea, you should TOTALLY get the SL, you really need it to shed that last 0.015 lbs :-P
    ya! Haha
    milesW

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Damn. My road bike is a Cervelo R3SL and I'm jealous That is simply gorgeous. How stiff is the BB and how well does the easton fork mate up to it?

-Shane

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seleniak
    Damn. My road bike is a Cervelo R3SL and I'm jealous That is simply gorgeous. How stiff is the BB and how well does the easton fork mate up to it?

-Shane
    I really like the new finish on the Silk SL, it is badass. It is a clear mat finish. The BB is stiff for me. I am not too heavy and not a big sprinter. The Easton fork mounts up perfect, like they were designed to go together. The ride is real nice.
    milesW

mtbr member
    For the polar opposite, here is "The Heaviest Tranny in the World:"

22 lbs, 9 oz with pedals, and it doesn't even have gears.

Now about the customer service: Jeff, Hans, and Scot go "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty" ("ABCD") as mentioned above. Great service when I was buying stuff, treat me right even though I bought second hand, and are sending me a replacement for a part I broke at no charge, even though there is zero evidence the broken part is Ibis' fault.

In a word, "Awesome."

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Since this has been bumped I'll add another +1 on Ibis service.

Had a frame warrantied but a replacement frame in my original color was not available so was given a different color as a loaner for a few months until a frame became available.

So stoked on Ibis!!!

mtbr member
    Another +1 here....
    My second hand, over 3 yr old, double out of warranty std Mojo front tri failed at the main pivot. I was given the option of "blem" front triangle in matching finish for $0, or a sweet-ass price on a complete, new SL frame... The blem ft. tri. was nicer than the one I broke, but I couldn't resist the cheap offer on a brand new SL, so I went that route.

Ibis treats you like family.

holding back the darkness
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Bumping this back up because IMO Ibis customer service truly is exceptional.

Above and beyond what I expected on a part. THANK YOU IBIS!!!!

This is the second season on my first Ibis and I'm sold as a long term customer due to the quality of the ride and their exceptional CS...and big props to my Ibis LBS as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I agree. When the owner responded in person, I was blown away, and he accurately diagnosed a alignment issue from pretty poor pictures. I have nothing but good things to say about Ibis Customer Service.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Gotta give serious props to Ibis for my recent warranty experience with them.

Had an 07 frame that failed at the BB shell and even though the frame was nearly two years out of warranty, Ibis hoked it up and got me back on the trail!!

Such an amazing experience to be able to call up a manufacturer directly, have them be totally responsive and helpful, and do their best to get the problem dealt with as quickly as possible.

Most of the time you leave a message, or several, don't get a call back, finally get someone on the phone who tells you you S.O.L!!

Thanks Ibis, you guys rock!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The anecdotes about Ibis' customer service are amazing. I hope I never need it, but I'm glad that such a great company supports its products so outstandingly.

T.W.O.
    When I was shopping for a new bike it was down to 3 choices and the interaction I had with Ibis and their legendary CS, I went with the HD, couldn't be happier. It's a very cool company but each and everyone of the people I interacted with have never made me feel that they are too cool.

I'm not a DH guy but if Ibis would offer an 8"+ HD-X I'd probably buy one too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    When I was shopping for a new bike it was down to 3 choices and the interaction I had with Ibis and their legendary CS, I went with the HD, couldn't be happier. It's a very cool company but each and everyone of the people I interacted with have never made me feel that they are too cool.

I'm not a DH guy but if Ibis would offer an 8"+ HD-X I'd probably buy one too
    I had the same experience when I was looking. Ibis was the only company that answered my email the same day, answered the phone every time I called and answered my questions without an issue, which made it easy to pick them over the Santa Cruz and Specialized.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I am impressed....Jeff,Scot & Hans....are all real responsive...I would buy again,just for the customer service!

flow where ever you go

Ibis rocks

One of the best things about Ibis is how little most of us need Ibis CS -- but when you need it, you can trust it's there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Wow this has been very enlightening. Customer service means a lot to me and will tip the scales of my decision on my next bike. Does Ibis' warrant transfer with the bike when its sold used or only to a registered owner?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ibis will be my next BIke thats for sure!
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

Dropshot Champ!
    stopped by with a couple belgian beers a few weeks ago after riding in santa cruz.

Not only did they go through my current mojo step by step, and replaced a bunch of parts for free, but Hans and the engineer guy stayed an hour after closing just making sure I was happy with the setup.

I didn't even buy this bike from them, I bought it used. Fantastic customer service. Couldn't be happier.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eckows View Post
    Wow this has been very enlightening. Customer service means a lot to me and will tip the scales of my decision on my next bike. Does Ibis' warrant transfer with the bike when its sold used or only to a registered owner?
    Nevermind nontransferable per their website.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    stopped by with a couple belgian beers a few weeks ago after riding in santa cruz.

Not only did they go through my current mojo step by step, and replaced a bunch of parts for free, but Hans and the engineer guy stayed an hour after closing just making sure I was happy with the setup.

I didn't even buy this bike from them, I bought it used. Fantastic customer service. Couldn't be happier.
    Nice, Rep for you dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Resurrecting a thread from the dead rather than starting a new one. I am toying with the idea of converting my Mojo HD 160 to 140 to lower the total weight for an endurance event in the Spring and had a few questions that I could not find answers to on the interwebs so I used the information in the Stickied Ibis Contact Info thread to contact AskChuck. I was responded to promptly and it was signed from Scot. It's details like this that have cemented me as an Ibis customer for life. Well done Ibis. Your work and how you run your business is appreciated by this customer.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have a set 140 chips if you live in Aus you could have them for the cost of postage.

mtbr member
    I purchased a new Ripley X01 build about 2 weeks ago.
    I had a few questions and emailed Ibis including the bike's s/n at 11pm last night. I heard back from them the next morning at 9am via email and they called me too.

Pretty f-kin' exceptional customer service.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
    I purchased a new Ripley X01 build about 2 weeks ago.
    I had a few questions and emailed Ibis including the bike's s/n at 11pm last night. I heard back from them the next morning at 9am via email and they called me too.

Pretty f-kin' exceptional customer service.
    Sure, I'll join the thread dredge...
    I was still deciding on what bike to get and e-mailed Ibis CS w/ some questions about forks and cranksets.
    Got an e-mail from Scot Nichol, apologizing because he couldn't go into too much depth, since he was back East at a trade show.
    When the owner/founder of the company e-mails you himself... Wow.
    That clinched my decision on which bike to buy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRoubaix View Post
    Sure, I'll join the thread dredge...
    I was still deciding on what bike to get and e-mailed Ibis CS w/ some questions about forks and cranksets.
    Got an e-mail from Scot Nichol, apologizing because he couldn't go into too much depth, since he was back East at a trade show.
    When the owner/founder of the company e-mails you himself... Wow.
    That clinched my decision on which bike to buy.
    They're slacking off. 10 hours to hear back from them? Man, I'm upset if they don't email me back in 15 minutes!

Yeah, they are awesome in dealing with us, their unwashed MTB customers. I wouldn't be nearly so nice to me.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The customer service reputation is why I bought a mojo sl and why I will buy a ripley (when there is a new colour)

Members who have read this thread: 2