Ibis CS and warranty- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ibis CS and warranty

Looking towards the future, I really like the looks of the Ripley (even if the angles are all wrong ).

I've owned Turners and Ventanas most recently, and their CS has been stellar, even after the warranty has passed. Can I expect a similar level of customer service from Ibis, if I were to purchase one?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    If you use the search function for this subforum, you will see the answer is yes and has been affirmed many times over.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ibis CS is second to none. Look around this forum, you will see probably no complaints and a lot of raves.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_lvr View Post
    If you use the search function for this subforum, you will see the answer is yes and has been affirmed many times over.
    I did a search, and the CS at Ibis looks to be right in line with what I've gotten from Turner and Ventana.

Sold.

In this day and age, selling an expensive product without stellar CS seems like a poor business decision, but many still do.

flow where ever you go
    I think you will find that Ibis CS is not "In line" but above any line ever drawn. Since you are "sold", you will see. There are all levels of CS, but Ibis continues to surpass them all. Welcome to Ibis!
    Last edited by noshortcuts; 09-10-2011 at 09:57 PM.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

aka dan51
    I'm going through some CS stuff with them now, and I must say they have gone WAAAAAY beyond anything I expected. There is no company I've worked with that cares as much about their customers as Ibis does.

Customer for life!

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts View Post
    I think you will find that Ibis CS is not "In line" but above any line ever drawn. Since you are "sold", you will see. There are all levels of CS, but Ibis continues surpass them all. Welcome to Ibis!
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    I'm going through some CS stuff with them now, and I must say they have gone WAAAAAY beyond anything I expected. There is no company I've worked with that cares as much about their customers as Ibis does.

Customer for life!
    Ditto. If you're a veteran of MTBR, you'll know that Dave is a presence on Turner's forums, but Sherwood is not (that's not a knock though). Hans/Tom are ALWAYS on this forum. That doesn't mean it's better customer service but speaking up on a public forum like this can be pretty risky (take a look at Chumba's site to see what I mean). As a company, you risk a lot by commenting in an "unofficial" way. Being so readily available to their customers is a reassurance that you won't get from any other company....period. It's one of those intangible things that says, "Ibis goes the extra mile". To me, they are the most transparent, most honest, most open, most approachable company by far....it's not even close. Again, I'm not knocking Sherwood's or Dave's service or saying that they should follow Ibis's example. You choose to do business with a company for a variety of reasons. I have NEVER experienced the personal service or seen/read/heard of so many other satisfied customers, from ANY other company regardless of industry.

The last thing you should worry about is the service.....it's a no brainer.

mtbr member
    +1 to everything said in this thread. It's scary how good the CS is. Hans might be a robot...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noshortcuts View Post
    I think you will find that Ibis CS is not "In line" but above any line ever drawn. Since you are "sold", you will see. There are all levels of CS, but Ibis continues to surpass them all. Welcome to Ibis!
    Well, I had a Turner Flux that was 1.5 years out of warranty and I broke it at the shock mount on the main triangle.

I called Turner, and they didn't ask how old the frame was, didn't want a picture, and didn't even want the broken front triangle back (it's still hanging out in the garage).

They shipped out a new front triangle second day air with new bushing and shafts installed.

I can't imagine better service. Comparable, sure, but not better.
    Last edited by juan_speeder; 09-11-2011 at 05:12 PM.

mtbr member
    ReTurners are nice bikes.

Seriously though, it's better. I don't think I've ever waited more than 15mins for an email back. Robots work there man, it's creepy!

mtbr member
    My single experience with Turner was surprisingly mediocre (given their reputation). It worked out ok though, because it was the deciding factor in me buying my HD over a new 5Spot, and I freaking love the HD.

mtbr member
    Yep...they super dialed me when I had an issue... I wish all my employees rode and crashed hard (well, maybe not that last part) on an Ibis so they could get a first hand lesson in what benchmark customer service is. Instead, I'll have to keep whipping them I guess