Garth Brooks & Dun Rulz!
    Jan 2009

Ibis Anti-theft Device - Warning: Wrong on several different levels

I was thinking of ways to prevent theft, which we all know can
    happen when we least expect it. I thought this might prevent
    losers from taking the risk of stealing a cheap bike, especially
    one most dudes wouldn't have the cojones to ride.

Ibis Anti-theft Device - Warning: Wrong on several different levels-p_00353.jpg

Ibis Anti-theft Device - Warning: Wrong on several different levels-p_00373.jpg

Ibis Anti-theft Device - Warning: Wrong on several different levels-p_00369.jpg

It's hard to tell from my phone pics but the vinyl decals I created
    and grips are pink. I guess my wife's cricut machine can actually
    do something cool.
    Sorry about the big pics.

I will do the first reply for you...
    Last edited by crackerj2; 11-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Is that a scooter in the background? A SCOOTER ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Oh, sweet! The new Ibis Huffy model!

I can't wait to steal one of those.

Er...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Huffojo

Back in the early 80's Huffy was the primary sponsor for the USCF Road and Track squads that went to the Worlds. Ben Serotta made the custom bikes for the team members but they were branded as Huffys. You could tell in a glance they were not really Huffys and they made by a master builder. I think your Huffojo still screams "steal me"!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    No matter what stickers you put on an Ibis, it still looks way cool!!

In college, someone broke into our shed and stole all of the bikes except for mine, even though it was the best bike in the shed.....it was hot pink.

BTW, love the scooter! I've been lusting after one of those, but I don't ride my motorcycle enough to justify another 2-wheel motorized device. On the other hand, it's less expensive than my Ibis.

mtbr member
    That's a Ruckus, right? The 'toughest' scooter on the market. And, yes, less expensive than a Mojo.

Garth Brooks & Dun Rulz!
    Jan 2009
    I did the pink themed Huffy thing more for fun and to piss off elitists more than anything.
    The anti-theft properties were just an added benefit.

When I was 6 my great grandma bought me a new bike because some of the neighborhood kids made fun of my
    first bike that I had since I was 4, which had a removable top tube. She took me to the local hardware store and
    bought me a black Huffy Pro-Lighting. It had gold bars and rims(if I remember correctly), number plate, no coaster brake,
    and a rounded edge diamond shaped tube frame(similar to a "tear drop" frame). I do remember, however, it was $180, and
    that was back in 1983. Had that bike until I was 9 and left in the yard directly behind my dad's truck... you know the rest.

BTW - Yes, that is a Honda Ruckus and they are the same price as a Mojo frame. (WOW! I never thought about
    that.. that is f'in' ridiculous!)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Is the Ruckus as much fun as it looks?

Garth Brooks & Dun Rulz!
    Jan 2009
    It's like they say, "It is what it is". It's only a 50cc 4-stroke with like 4hp. It does get 100mpg though, no matter
    how you drive it. It is definitely not made for off-road use, which I confirmed when I tried jumping a set of railroad
    tracks. I landed on a fist sized piece of asphalt and bent the back rim, motor mount/swing arm hanger, and ripped
    my aftermarket exhaust out of the head. Lesson learned. Totalruckus.com is a pretty sweet forum dedicated to
    the Ruckus. They are just as nuts about their Rucks as we are about our Mojos.

Members who have read this thread: 0