mtbr member

Help me size my mojo :

I am about to pull the trigger on a Mojo, but am unable to test or to view due to distance.
    I need to know what size to get, I suspect it is a 19" but would like your views.

Measurements :

I am 5"10,32.2 inch cyclcling inseam, my current rides are :

1. Titus RacerX 23.2" effective TT.
    Riding with a easton setback SP and a 120mm stem. Feels about right though sometimes think I should be a smidgen longer on the TT to reduce on the setback.
    2. Old Ride : Motolite M 23.2"eff TT. 110mm stem, setback SP. Felt perfect.
    3. Hard tail, go fast bike. 24" eff TT. 100mmstem. Straight SP. A bit streched out.
    4. Road: Cervelo bayonne. 56cm eff TT. 100mm stem. Perfect.

www.derbyrims.com
    At your height I say medium Mojo it is very stable without going to a long TT. But it looks like you like to ride quite stretched out shoulders low, xc-racer style, so then a large size with effective TT at 23.6” with centered seat post maybe seat slightly behind center for optimum power and climbing and go a bit shorter in the stem if needed to keep handling quick and more stable when downhill braking. The medium at 22.8" effective TT may be too cramped compared to what you are used to.

I'm more AM technical rocky trail rider oriented, 6’1 riding a large Mojo with short stem and other AM tweaks. So I’m not the best to analyze fit for your style of riding.

Let's see what xc riders say.

You will be amazed at the improvement of the Mojo ride over the great horst links you’ve ridden, with no losses or tradeoff’s anywhere. Smart choice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm around 5'11" or a bit more, 33-34 inseam, and long arms (almost 6'4"). I ride a large and could use a XL ETT but I compensate with a 27" bar and it fits well. I'd say go for a large and maybe a 100mm stem. It will fit more like a Titus medium. I have a large Turner Spot and almost the same setup and it is a bit more stretched out but my bar is also an inch wider.

I'd definitely recommend a large for you in the Mojo. It will give you the flexibily to shorten your stem and change your handing to be more AM. A medium may cramp you and then you can't do much but go silly long on the stem and be too far over the bars. Without knowing your arm span and assuming it is 5'10" - 6', I'd say a ETT around 23.5 would be perfect for you.

I am not a fit expert but I climb a lot and being cramped just sucks if you have to climb thousands of feet each ride.

mtbr member
    arm span - is that finger tip to finger tip ? if so it is 6'1"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I am 181 (apx. 5' 11") and riding M size Mojo SL and it fits as a glove. I tested L but finally decided for M as it is more nimble. With 10 cm stem and Thomson setback seatpost I have the same cockpit as on my previous Blur LT size L. If I were you I would choose M.

Church of the Wheel
    I'm 5'10.75" with 32" inseam, and similarly waffled over the M vs L quandary. I ended up going with L and a 100mm stem, and no regrets whatsoever. I suspect that if you're on the sizing cusp you could go either way with appropriate seatpost and stem tweaks and be happy. You could also email ibis and ask for their take. They recommended the large for me, and as I said, no regrets. Awesome bike. Awesome.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, and your arms are pretty long- go with a large. As you can tell, the Mojo's large has a slightly shorter TT than most.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Large

Me too. Could not figure which size. 5'10 32" inseam, big purchase, which one? After riding Brad's large and after testing Trailhead's medium I got the large and could not be happier. Very stable at speed but no probs in technical. Does not feel like my old large K2 but sort of like an "almost large". Brad is also 5'10 with 32" inseam. Hope this helps.

Steve

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am 5'10.5" with 33 inseam.

I ended up with a Medium after a long debate. Fits me like a glove, although at first, I felt like I was not stretched like I use to be on my previous large bikes.

And I have a long seatpost showing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ive gone with a large and I'm 5 10 - 5 11. Im wanting to run a short (65mm) stem as I prefer the ride for DH with one. Im quite glad I went with the L as its not big!! TT wise its the same length as the medium marin I demoed and that thing was small, I was right at the end of the seat post. I also have a 16" azonic hard tail, its too small for me and comparing the mojo to it, other than the seat tube theres no a lot in it! I ride aggressive too. I will report back when I have the nojo built up next weekend (or when its on ebay because its too big )

Ride More Work Less
    Jun 2006
    I'm about 5'10.75" with another recommendation for a large and then tweak seatpost/stem to suit your style. I'm using straight seatpost and 110mm stem. I'm climbing things now that I never could clear until I got the Mojo and downhills feel awesome too!

mtbr member
    large it is.
    Many thanks folks

Members who have read this thread: 0