mtbr member
    May 2008

To heavy for a MOJO ?

I wanna get a MOJO SL WTF . My LBS guy tells me at 215 lbs I might be pushing my luck w that carbon 22 lbs animal . Any truth to that . I'm almost 40 , mostly XC , few downhills but nothing to crazy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    You'll be fine. There are guys on this forum much heavier than you that ride mojo's. And if anything does go wrong with the bike, Ibis has the best customer service in the buisness (read: replacement frame in three days) Get the bike. You'll love it.
    -Ryan

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I ride a 07' S-WORKS Stumpy now , worth trading up/over ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I previously rode a specialized Epic s-works carbon. the mojo is a different world. of course it descends smother and faster, but what really blew me away is that it climbed better! I am now climbing in 2-3 gears higher than my epic, and cleaning technical climbs that I couldn't before.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If anything, you will destroy those light wheels. I'd mentally prepare for a decent wheelset in a few months. I'm 185 and personally don't like bikes that light but the flimsy wheels would be scary to me- not just the failure potential but the flex they would lend to the bike.

Why don't you get the frame and build it up with the best parts and a custom-built wheelset. It will be more durable, ride better, and maybe even be a bit cheaper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robertinoNY
    I wanna get a MOJO SL WTF . My LBS guy tells me at 215 lbs I might be pushing my luck w that carbon 22 lbs animal . Any truth to that . I'm almost 40 , mostly XC , few downhills but nothing to crazy.
    you need to kill the coward within

go for the mojo

mx

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    you need to kill the coward within
    ... and the idiot without will follow.

Hopefully you will do more research and get better opinions than this before you decide.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    like i tell other skeptical people, i am 220 without equipment and i ride pretty hard (midwest riding) and had no prob. i do have a heavier but great custom wheelset (dtswiss 240s hubs, swiss 5.1 rims, comp spokes) get it

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGiv'er
    ... and the idiot without will follow.

Hopefully you will do more research and get better opinions than this before you decide.
    no sense of humor?

mx

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    no sense of humor?

mx
    Actually, some found it quite funny.

Members who have read this thread: 0