HD3 and DPX2- Mtbr.com

Thread: HD3 and DPX2

mtbr member

HD3 and DPX2

I know this has been discussed a couple of years ago but i wonder about experiences of the HD3 with the DPX2. The Float DPS is ok for my use, but its 3 levels of compression damping always felt a bit of an approximation. I am 160 pounds, I think the X2 is an overkill given what I do, and the DPX2 seems a worth, but expensive, upgrade.

Opinions from the HD3 crowd and others? And would I need to get a DPX2 with the soft/medium compression/rebound factory set up? If so, how?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I fitted a dpx2 to my HD3 as I wanted to keep riding when I sent the Cc off for refresh, I picked the dpx2 up cheap 2nd hand removed from a new bike as original oem fitting (think it came off a Santa Cruz - canít recall and old ebay ad has been removed) probably close to a medium tune from memory but was a oem specific setup. The dpx2 is still on the bike only needed minor tweaks to the settings and the Cc still hasnít been sent for refresh so works well for me. It sags a little more in initial travel but holds up on the bigger hits better than my cc does on close the factory settings and seems to control rebound better. An easy win for me . Psi settings were close slightly less than I used on the cc.