HD just came in the mail!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

HD just came in the mail!

I'm the new owner of a 2012 HD and I can't wait to ride it. It just came in the mail with the G2 chain guide, downtube cable guard and the chainstay protector (I didn't know it came with one on it). Competitive cyclist installed the AngleSet for me too. This frame even looks more stunning in person than on the computer. I'm scavenging parts from the Banshee Rune I built last year. I'll post in the Mojo build threads once I start assembling and get all the parts but until then here's the build specs:

2011 Fox Float 36 180
    E-13 AM/DH cranks
    Straitline Ti Grey platform pedals
    X9 Deraileur and shifter
    Hadley front hub/DT Swiss Spokes/DT Swiss 240s rear hub (coming soon)
    Mavic EX823 UST wheels/ Maxxis UST Highrollers
    WTB Pure V seat with Thomson Elite post
    The One FR brakes
    Sunline AM/DH stem Deity Black Label bars with ODI Ruffian clamp-on grips

Just a couple of questions though. I ran an 8" rotor in the back of my Rune and the brakes came with three adapters for the rear rotor. The Rune was a side post mount and the only top mount that I have has the writing PM 6"/ F-203 on it. Is this for 6" rotors or will this work for the 8" rotors? If it won't work do you know where I can find the appropriate bracket?
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    congrats!
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

Has a cycling disorder
    Dude, your letterbox must be massive
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    www.frameskin.com
    Dirtsurfer™ Custom mudguards
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807 View Post
    Dude, your letterbox must be massive
    We just moved into this house and I really wanted it for two reasons. 1) The letterbox is huge on an epic scale so I knew it would fit boxes full of fun stuff 2) Out of the 5 acres of land 4 of them are wooded so I'll be building trails this spring!
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member

What seat posts are you guys running?

My Thomson Elite post won't work since its a 30.9. Months ago I almost got an adjustable post but its really hard to choose since it seems like they all either have really good reviews or really bad reviews. Since I have to get a new post I'm thinking mayb the KS i950 with just the lever. I like the cleaner look of no extra cables and its one less thing to snag on stuff. I could also upgrade to the remote later. I'm 5'10 and about 185 pounds. What sized post would you guys recommend for the Mojo?
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Congrats..!!!! you're lucky, mine didn't come with all that
    not even the down tube cable guard

mtbr member
    If you think it's a beauty right out of the box, wait 'till you ride it! I just got mine 2 months ago....simply amazing.

I too had been thinking about an adjustable seatpost for some time, but like you, kept reading mixed reviews on everything out there. I finally took a leap of faith with the HD, partly because the cable/hose routing is already there and so well thought out. I went with the newest version of the Reverb, and so far so good. I'm a long-legged 6' 4", so I needed the 420mm version. Provided it keeps operating flawlessly, it's already hard to imagine life without one of these. Well worth it and definitely goes hand in hand with the Mojo's amazing versatility.

Go with a remote version, not the lever. That's what everyone told me and I'm glad I listened.

Has a cycling disorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Dummy View Post
    2) Out of the 5 acres of land 4 of them are wooded so I'll be building trails this spring!
    Trailbuilding is awesome fun. Here's a few clips showing what we've been up to down our way...
    mont24team's Channel - YouTube
    Tools I used most this season 1. block splitter (aka Thors Hammer) for smashing rocks and chipping roots. 2. Flat post hole shovel for carving track.
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    www.frameskin.com
    Dirtsurfer™ Custom mudguards
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm Jealous! Waiting for mine to arrive this week. Funny, it seems we're all having the same dilemma around the adjustable seatposts.
    Last edited by Fassn8; 03-13-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    On a large HD, I have the 125mm reverb, and I am 180 cm tall (180 centimeters = 5.90551181 feet (5 feet 1055⁄64 inches), google says). I would recommend it, but even the KS, which I had on the previous bike, is a sound choice, just not as smooth as the reverb. What I advice you against is the lever model, the remote is the way to go, otherwise you lose the whole point of having an adjustable post!

www.derbyrims.com
    Post mount in the HD rear is for a 160mm rotor. The PM adapters for larger rear brake rotors are the same part as listed for a PM fork.

Congrats on your new bike!

[put something cool here]
    Oct 2011
    +1 on the remote lever model. I am more than happy with my KindShock 900r including lever. You won't want to take your hands off of the bar in a critical situation. function prior to clean look.

By the way, I used this 31.6 seatpost in my earlier bike with a 34.9 seatpost diameter. All it took was to place a specific seat post reducer shim in it - you don't need to throw away your Thomson. See examples at Seatpost Shims at CRC
    Last edited by Kerberos; 03-13-2012 at 11:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new bike. Another recommendation for the Reverb here. Either way make sure you get something with a handlebar remote. I adjust mine several times on a downhill run.

74 & 29 pilot
    Are 2012 large black HD frames readily available? If you order one, how long does it take? Pivot is screwing up my Firebird frame order and I'm tired of waiting?

MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pilot View Post
    Are 2012 large black HD frames readily available? If you order one, how long does it take? Pivot is screwing up my Firebird frame order and I'm tired of waiting?

MTBP
    I bought my frame from Competitive Cyclist. They try to keep a constant on-hand stock of the black Mojo's in all of the sizes. Medium is the most popular size but I just happened to call them the day before they got two more mediums. He said as soon as the sell them the immediately order two more. It only took a week to get mine.
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TACORICAN View Post
    Congrats..!!!! you're lucky, mine didn't come with all that
    not even the down tube cable guard
    Turn the frown upside down on that one. I got my frame and headset from Competitive Cyclist where as I ordered the chainstay guard, downtube guard and chain guide from Ibis directly. We both paid too much
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Thanks for all of the replies and the congrats guys. You're giving me good information on seat post. I am running into some issues though.

First thing. I had Competitive Cyclist install the .5 degree cup and bottom cup on the frame. The thing is they installed it a little off. If the alignment mark were the minute hand of a clock I would say it is pointing at about 2 or 3 minutes after the hour. I guess I'll have to have the LBS reinstall it and hopefully he's not afraid of carbon fiber.

Second thing. For some reason my E-Thirteen AM/DH cranks and MRP guide are not jiving. The Hive tech said that on a 68mm BB I should have two spacers on the drive side and one spacer the non-drive side. The MRP guide is meant to take the place of the outer spacer of the drive side. When I was tightening the left crank arm it became apparent that it was too tight and preloading the bearings too much. So I took the spacer off the non-drive side, reinstalled and it seemed to work fine. The problem I'm having now is that the outer face of the chain ring is coming into contact with the roller casing of the chain guide and the top chain guide. Its like the chain guide would have to come out from the frame or the cranks would have to go in more from the drive side. As far as I know I'm installing everything the correct way. I talked to a tech at The Hive about the install of the cranks and followed Ibis's instruction on mounting the chain guide. I wasn't told that the cranks and chain guide wouldn't work by either source so I don't know what's going on..... I'll call Ibis and E-Thirteen tomorrow but do you guys have any ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated, this is kind of a bummer; thanks.
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Well this is a good example why its good to walk away from a problem for an hour or two. As soon as I looked at the BB I noticed on the Drive side that I had a spacer+chain guide+spacer=3 spacers..which is wrong. I must have gotten ahead of myself. Put the extra spacer on the non-drive side and everything fell into place. I put the down tube guard on just for the hell of it and its already looking sooo good.
    Trust the Dummy....

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    HD just came in the mail!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333985484.097408.jpg

HD just came in the mail!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333985505.288060.jpg

HD just came in the mail!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333985532.539096.jpg

Finally got mine! Rides like a dream.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    congrats! sick ride!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?k3ldwz
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

Members who have read this thread: 0