mtbr member

FrameSkin for HD?

SO I haven't heard anything about a frameskin kit for the HD yet, anyone know where I can get a sheet of this stuff in the Bay Area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody
    SO I haven't heard anything about a frameskin kit for the HD yet, anyone know where I can get a sheet of this stuff in the Bay Area?
    This is what I used to protect my Mojo (I got the 1"x30'). Not local, and not a kit, but it got here fast and works great:
    http://www.findtape.com/product173/I...ace+Guard+Tape

mtbr member
    I got some tape today and put it on the frame, what a pita that is, came out "okay" but man I'm hoping he comes out with a kit asap so I can redo it

aka dan51
    I got some tape today and put it on the frame, what a pita that is, came out "okay" but man I'm hoping he comes out with a kit asap so I can redo it
    Did you get an HD?!?!
    Broken pinky got you shopping instead of riding ?

Has a cycling disorder
    Hi guys.
    I'd love to get my hands on a HD and make a spanky new kit but the Aussie distributor for Ibis can't seem to get me one (hotcakes you see).
    I'll keep asking them, but if there's any Aussies who already have a HD - get in touch with me for custom-shaping and you'll get a new HD kit for free.
    NOTE: Brand new kit for Mojo/Mojo SL just released.
    Cheers
    Alan
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    www.frameskin.com
    Dirtsurfer™ Custom mudguards
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807
    Hi guys.
    I'd love to get my hands on a HD and make a spanky new kit but the Aussie distributor for Ibis can't seem to get me one (hotcakes you see).
    I'll keep asking them, but if there's any Aussies who already have a HD - get in touch with me for custom-shaping and you'll get a new HD kit for free.
    NOTE: Brand new kit for Mojo/Mojo SL just released.
    Cheers
    Alan
    Somebody please do this! This frame is waaaay to nice to go without it, and doing it by hand sucks big time.

mtbr member
    I'm surprised Ibis doesn't just send you a frame and start stocking your kits in their store.

aka dan51
    Somebody please do this! This frame is waaaay to nice to go without it, and doing it by hand sucks big time.
    Since yours is still new maybe you should send it to him
    No hope left for mine, it's covered with "used and abused marks" already.

mtbr member
    Any more news on this?I'm in for one, and I know someone else that would likely buy 3 of them, plus all the other new Mojo HD owners.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm interested although I'll probably need a paint job by the time I sell mine.

mtbr member
    Newbie here...
    Is Frameskin a sticker? How does it stick to the frame? Can it be easily removed without leaving any residue behind?

Has a cycling disorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Biker
    Newbie here...
    Is Frameskin a sticker? How does it stick to the frame? Can it be easily removed without leaving any residue behind?
    Frameskin is a premium protective decal (sticker) that can be easily removed without leaving residue. Frame kits come with full instructions for installation and removal. HD kit coming soon.
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Frameskin is a premium protective decal (sticker) that can be easily removed without leaving residue. Frame kits come with full instructions for installation and removal. HD kit coming soon.
    ETA?

Has a cycling disorder
    ETA?
    Ah, I am relying on the good folks at Dirtworks to get a Medium HD to me next week...

So fingers crossed and all goes well
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

Has a cycling disorder
    Word is that there's a HD destined for my door on or about Tuesday next week.
    stay tuned.
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Word is that there's a HD destined for my door on or about Tuesday next week.
    stay tuned.

Well, you get them yet???

Has a cycling disorder
    No. The rep came to town and it appears he forgot to pack the HD before he left... oops
    The importer has the frame in a box ready to go (or perhaps it has left)
    Soon, real soon.
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

Levi Early
    where are you located at? my new mojo hd in medium arrives tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    IMHO the naked matt carbon Mojos (&HDs) don't look too good with the reflective normal shiney protection tape. Shiney finish over the wicked raw matt finish...? Not for me. I've used carbon-look 3M sheets and cut them to sizes and shapes I needed... It's got a good thickness, cuts to shape easily, moulds around the shape of the frame better than normal film (no need for a hair-dryer!), and best of all can be used to blend into lining up with the carbon weave of the frame... I'll post pics soon. If anyone wants to buy some, search '3M Carbon' on fleEbay.... Goes without saying this prob only works well aesthetically on naked Mojos, painted ones better with Fishboy's tape which I've happily used before on my White SL...
    happy trails.

Has a cycling disorder
    The carbon look film can look really nice, but it's a signage vinyl product, not a protective film technology.

I may be introducing a matte option for kits in the future. This is subject to testing and may take a couple of months now that Christmas is upon us. I'll let folks know when it's a goer... but for much of just now we're out building single track in a new forest near our town and that's taking a stack of time. Fun on the tools
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I wasn't trying to affect your business Fishboy so no need to criticise the 3M stuff. It may not be the right 'technology' per se, but it works great to protect the frame, moulds better around the frame than all stuff I've tried, it's dirt cheap, and looks better than other produvcts on naked frames, this is all IMHO of course. This is a forum, not an advertising space to get business. The 3M film is superb and I recommend it unreservedly.
    Happy trails guys, the HD rocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by humdinger
    I wasn't trying to affect your business Fishboy so no need to criticise the 3M stuff. It may not be the right 'technology' per se, but it works great to protect the frame, moulds better around the frame than all stuff I've tried, it's dirt cheap, and looks better than other produvcts on naked frames, this is all IMHO of course. This is a forum, not an advertising space to get business. The 3M film is superb and I recommend it unreservedly.
    Happy trails guys, the HD rocks.
    All he implied is that it might not protect as well as the thicker stuff. Personally I'd like to know that ahead of time, something super thin is not going to cut it for frame protection. Then again its nice to hear of other options out there, thanks for sharing.

Has a cycling disorder
    News just to hand, the Australian importer has changed their mind on their offer to get a frame down to me... so there's no kit on the horizon guys.

There's no owners locally either, so there's nothing I can do.

Al

No. The rep came to town and it appears he forgot to pack the HD before he left... oops
    Soon, real soon.
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

Has a cycling disorder
    News just to hand, the Australian importer has changed their mind on their offer to get a frame down to me... so there's no kit on the horizon guys.

Al

Soon, real soon.
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

Levi Early

Al

Its too bad you are not in northern californina. i would gladly let you use my hd as a mock up.

mtbr member
    Here is some stuff that looks like it might work well... Here is the link to the video-- but the other links on the page talks about the stuff.. Its pretty cheap so that is nice.. I dont even have my bike in hand yet-- so i havnt tried it yet - but it seems to work well on lightbulbs lol..

http://www.cantitoeroad.com/catalog/...fragment-tab-1
    My free racing tv guide-- www.racingtvguide.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Has anyone tried putting the frameskin for the normal Mojo on the HD?

MPI
    mtbr member
    I have. You have to do some fine tuning but makes it purpose.
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Has anyone tried putting the frameskin for the normal Mojo on the HD?
    I had the swingarm parts left over from my regular Mojo, after using amalgamating tape on there- it almost but not quite fits- I'm thinking about taking it off because it doesn't give quite enough protection.
    If the importers won't play ball, can't you approach ibis direct? There's a lot of support on this forum for the product, they might be able to 'divert' one temporarily. I assume they've no interest in stocking it in the ibis shop?

mtbr member
    Trail head is building my mojo hd, and they had some of that frame tape or whatever it's called and are doing certain areas of my bike. I am picking it up today and might be able to shoot a few pics of it for all to see.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Pics would be nice I think i'll try first with some helicopter tape, the cableguides on the swingarm are different between the SL and the HD. Still hope for HD frameskin, though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Racesheld for Mojo HD

Here is one from SG that has frameskin for HD

http://www.smbf.com.sg/forum/viewtop...5336&start=180

Has a cycling disorder

Frameskin for Mojo HD

After an impatient wait to get my hands on a frame... it's ready. It's a cracker too. I am quite pleased with the design. Now I don't want to hand the frame back. I've uploaded about 30 photos to my site. Let me know what you think.
    Now, I'm off to build single track
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Damn prices getting high, quality stuff though for sure. Is there a piece for the bottom of the head tube, where the bottom cables come out? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, finally!

Has a cycling disorder
    Damn prices getting high, quality stuff though for sure. Is there a piece for the bottom of the head tube, where the bottom cables come out? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger, finally!
    The kit uses significantly more media than the original Mojo kit, so it is a proportionate increase. But just now there's a bonus.
    Yes, there are extra pieces for the lower part of the head tube.
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    sweet, bikes due for a strip down and rebuild anyway, to me the kits are good investments as it helps you get more money back when its time to sell.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    How much does a whole kit weigh? Not really that important and I am sure it is nominal; I am just curious.

Dropshot Champ!
    hey yody, have you thought of wrapping it yourself? you can choose 8mil outdoor grade, 14, or even 20! 8 is super thick stuff, 14 is like a book, and 20...haven't seen or felt 20, but I'd imagine it's super super thick.

It's way cheaper, way easy, and pretty fun. Took me about 90mins, tracing it, cutting it out, and applying with a heat gun.

mtbr member
    It's wrapped right now, its just not nearly as efficient or cover as much.

Dropshot Champ!
    my 20 dollar roll wrapped my mojo thoroughly, and still has enough to wrap another one!

The MTB Lab
    Quote Originally Posted by slideways666
    Here is some stuff that looks like it might work well... Here is the link to the video-- but the other links on the page talks about the stuff.. Its pretty cheap so that is nice.. I dont even have my bike in hand yet-- so i havnt tried it yet - but it seems to work well on lightbulbs lol..

http://www.cantitoeroad.com/catalog/...fragment-tab-1
    I will have it tested out in a week or two on my HD (on its way to me), the Shelter tape is pretty rad, much thicker than protection tape (call it impact tape), so you wouldn't use it everywhere.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    @Fishboy : In your describe you write that the Frameskin for Fojo HS is based on a medium frame, Is it also good for a size L ?

mtbr member
    or an XL?

Has a cycling disorder
    The pattern has been made using a Medium size frame.
    Rear triangle
    The rear triangles are identical across frame sizes, so there is no issue there.
    Front Triangle
    The only decals affected with changes in frame size are Downtube and Toptube
    I believe the locations of the bidon mounts are also the same across frame size so the decal for the Downtube should be fine. Length of DT decal is 500mm so is ample.
    The only issue is for the top tube, as with different frame sizes the top tube lengthens (or shortens) and the location of cable stops may change. The pattern I have created for the Toptube decal features 3 elongated shapes along the centre of the TT. These are the spaces for cable stops (see pics on site). These shapes are 40mm long, which will cater for up to 20mm movement of cable stops in either direction. I believe this will be sufficient. Happy to discuss in further detail over PM or email
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Got a Frameskin for the HD last week or so and got around to installing it yesterday. I got a matte HD, and as such the shiny frameskin breaks the matte look, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected lookwise in real life. The frameskin it self for the HD was awesome, fit very well and the manual along with the images on the website gave very good instructions for installation. It covers most of the high wear areas that I experienced on the MojoC, so I look forward to building the bike and getting out on it when winter here is over .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FrameSkin for HD?-rimg_7639.jpg  

FrameSkin for HD?-rimg_7640.jpg  

FrameSkin for HD?-rimg_7641.jpg  

mtbr member
    just finished wrapping mine. not completely done as will be adding small pieces to protected from cable rub as needed. used 4" tape 14 mil which worked perfectly. it is very simple to make templates and i could protect what ever i want.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807 View Post
    The pattern has been made using a Medium size frame.
    Rear triangle
    The rear triangles are identical across frame sizes, so there is no issue there.
    Front Triangle
    The only decals affected with changes in frame size are Downtube and Toptube
    I believe the locations of the bidon mounts are also the same across frame size so the decal for the Downtube should be fine. Length of DT decal is 500mm so is ample.
    The only issue is for the top tube, as with different frame sizes the top tube lengthens (or shortens) and the location of cable stops may change. The pattern I have created for the Toptube decal features 3 elongated shapes along the centre of the TT. These are the spaces for cable stops (see pics on site). These shapes are 40mm long, which will cater for up to 20mm movement of cable stops in either direction. I believe this will be sufficient. Happy to discuss in further detail over PM or email
    Al
    Has anyone actually tried your Frameskin product on an XL Mojo HD yet? I am interested in your product, but want to be certain it will be a good fit all around before I pull the trigger on a $65 sticker.

mtbr member
    frameskin looks like good product but if you are handy you can go for 4"x12' tape and do your own wrapping for $20 you will have much more coverage for whatever you want plus some leftover for another bike

Dropshot Champ!
    ^I posted earlier in this thread, but I've done 1 ibis mojo front tri, 2 rear's, another full carbon hardtail, and two carbon road bikes for a 20$ roll of 14mil outdoor grade 3m tape...

...and I still have more left

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    yeah I just buy bulk film from Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp. and cut it myself. Been doing that for years and it's by far the best and easiest film to apply I've ever used. (and trust me, I've tried A LOT).

The 3M is good too - but it's a bit harder to apply/remove than the Xpel film. A few years ago Xpel used to distribute 3M, that's until they decided to make their own film.

Once it's on, you can barely tell it's there.

PS: For areas where rocks might hit (light lower on the DT) - I use the thicker Headlight protective tape. it's thicker and adds a bit more protection.

Has a cycling disorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsw View Post
    Has anyone actually tried your Frameskin product on an XL Mojo HD yet? I am interested in your product, but want to be certain it will be a good fit all around before I pull the trigger on a $65 sticker.
    Yes, you will get a very good fit with the HD kit on an XL.

1. The rear triangle is identical across frame sizes (there are no concerns there)
    2. The down tube skin has ample length (550mm) and installs from bottom bracket end (the lower area on the DT is the key area to protect)
    3. Top tube lengths vary across size range, but this decal has been designed to work on all (dedicated slots span the cable stops)
    4. The remaining shapes and dots cater for cable transitions and rub points.

A lot of design work goes into ensuring FS kits provide excellent fit (often on quite complex shapes) with detailed instructions that make for easier application and professional results. (i.e. decals have carefully rounded corners and detailing which means they are less prone to snagging and lifting).

Sure, you can have a crack at making your own and save money. It will take you longer to make and your results may vary.
    Time, patience and skill... The important thing is that you put some protection on.

If you have any particular questions, drop me a line.
    Keep the rubber side down
    Al.
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Which film do you use from them? xpel.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    yeah I just buy bulk film from Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp. and cut it myself. Been doing that for years and it's by far the best and easiest film to apply I've ever used. (and trust me, I've tried A LOT).

The 3M is good too - but it's a bit harder to apply/remove than the Xpel film. A few years ago Xpel used to distribute 3M, that's until they decided to make their own film.

Once it's on, you can barely tell it's there.

PS: For areas where rocks might hit (light lower on the DT) - I use the thicker Headlight protective tape. it's thicker and adds a bit more protection.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by wakebrdr142 View Post
    Which film do you use from them? xpel.com
    by the foot
    and get the Standard PPF

mtbr member
    Just ordered 4"x36" custom headlight PPF for the down tube on my on order SLR.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by biketuna View Post
    Just ordered 4"x36" custom headlight PPF for the down tube on my on order SLR.
    the headlight stuff is also what I use on my DT.

tips:
    - Use a hairdryer to warm up the DT and film
    - once applied, wrap everything with Electrical tape (upside down). yes, with the sticky part up..and let it sit over night. This will help mold the film to the DT and help it stick.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Matte kits yet?

Fishboy,
    Any motion on the matte frameskin kit for the HD yet, or thoughts on if/when you might have one?
    thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

weight?

Also, has anyone figured out the net installed weight of one of these kits? I know the question has been asked, but haven't seen the answer.

Would be easy to do - weigh the full roll first, then everything that remains after you've peeled and installed it. Didn't think of doing it until I was done with my last one, but would be curious - the whole roll is pretty hefty.

mtbr member
    Thanks Acadian

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    the headlight stuff is also what I use on my DT.

tips:
    - Use a hairdryer to warm up the DT and film
    - once applied, wrap everything with Electrical tape (upside down). yes, with the sticky part up..and let it sit over night. This will help mold the film to the DT and help it stick.

I quit e-MTBR
    Frameskin lists two options for the HD frameskin kit: gloss or "premium gloss thin." (Apparently the matte referenced above never happened.) The premium is 10 bucks more.

What's the difference? Is it just that the thin is just a little lighter and a little less protective? What makes it "premium"?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    Frameskin lists two options for the HD frameskin kit: gloss or "premium gloss thin." (Apparently the matte referenced above never happened.) The premium is 10 bucks more.

What's the difference? Is it just that the thin is just a little lighter and a little less protective? What makes it "premium"?
    Hi OldManBike,

I had the same question and Al at Frameskin said the difference in protection is marginally better with the thicker version, but the thinner version is a little less noticeable. I ordered and installed the premium version my black HD140 and it is noticeable because of the color of the frame and since my frame's not painted...on a painted frame, I think it'd be harder to notice. Honestly though, I don't even think about it most of the time.

Installation was actually easier than I thought it would be though I haven't installed all the pieces yet.

Hope this helps.
    Thomas

I quit e-MTBR
    Quote Originally Posted by tomheo View Post
    Hope this helps.
    It does, thanks very much.

I quit e-MTBR
    $18+ shipping to US? Yow.

mtbr member
    ordered mine over a month ago, pretty sure the post office lost it, no tracking either.....very annoyed...
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

I quit e-MTBR
    How necessary/helpful is it to apply the frameskin to the bare frame vs. applying it after the bike has been built up?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    How necessary/helpful is it to apply the frameskin to the bare frame vs. applying it after the bike has been built up?
    You will need to do at least some disassembly, but you'll figure it out. Think about getting the film under the cables, for example, or around the bottom bracket. In my experience, it was very easy to do it on the bare frame. It helps to have as much access as you can to get air bubbles out from under the film (I used the hair dryer and alcohol method). Also, you'll want to clean it thoroughly beforehand, which is much easier without parts in the way.

Has a cycling disorder

Six of one...

When designing the kits I prefer a built bike as it shows where the cables will lay or transition against the frame in operation and so the pattern offers optimal protection

When installing kits I am happy either way. If the frame is built just snip the zip ties that hold the brake lines to the frame, and pop the cable lines out of the stops (or unscrew them from the downtube as the case may be). Having the lines away from the frame while you apply the kit will make all the difference. If you have a bare frame, just whack a seat post in it and stick it in your workstand... easy as.
    Thanks
    Al
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

I quit e-MTBR
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    ordered mine over a month ago, pretty sure the post office lost it, no tracking either.....very annoyed...
    Mine arrived (USA) 5 business days after my order.

mtbr member
    wanted to bring this thread back with review. I FINALLY got some down time, (no riding for a week or so) an got around to installing my frameskin on my Large mojo HD. Here's my thoughts...

I have no idea how anyone would ever put this on without doing the "wet method" virtually impossible dry. Takes a little while to get used to it. My suggestion, start with the down tube to get practice so if you screw up it's not visible.

Pro's
    -comes out pisser after you get the hang of it.
    - chainstay/seatstay peices fit together great

Cons
    - the top tube peice is made for a Medium frame. holes line up, but is too short, doesn't go all the way up to the head tube. Same thing with the downtube, only comes up a few inches away from the head tube...
    - no protection for the innerside of the seat stay to protect from chainslap.
    - no protection for the seattube where mud an crap is continuously collecting from the tire, seems like a no brainer to put something there?

Anyway, I am happy with the product as a whole, an think it will provide some much needed protection but definitely think it needs some tweaks, a one size fits all top tube and downtube just doesn't seem to work out that great. I would definitely guy another one though, as the protection will be well worth the money on a 2500 dollar frame...
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

The Crow
    Revive ye old thread.

Any more feedback here?
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

anyone need one?

I've got an HD kit, unused, premium version. PM me if you want to save on the wait and shipping from down under...

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan View Post
    Revive ye old thread.

Any more feedback here?
    1) buy helicopter tape.

2) save 50 dollars.

3) have way thicker protection.

4) pat yourself on back.

5) drink beer.

mtbr member
    ^^ like... shipping from down there is not worth it tbh
    dont get me wrong but the skins are a great idea! but i just bought a load of matt heli tape for a good price.
    now the long task of cutting/shapeing. lol
    we need a pdf file with all the sizes :P
    respect to fishboy
    Ibis Hd3 2016-Boost frame
    2002? MountainCycle San Andreas

Has a cycling disorder
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    1) buy helicopter tape.

2) save 50 dollars.

3) have way thicker protection.

4) pat yourself on back.

5) drink beer.

1.5) cut all the shapes by hand
    2.5) you will spend more time for not as good a result
    3.5) 325 micron is plenty thick enough
    I agree with points 4 and 5
    6) each to their own
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

Dropshot Champ!
    I see you post that alot. To be honest it takes me about an hour to do a full mojo and most of that time is drinking. Drinking leads to ten minutes of "how can we wrap the full headtube!" and..."wanna wrap another bike real quick?" The result is amazingly good and has been for year(s).

You make a pretty cool product, but people should know their options. It is ridiculously easy, saves a pretty good chunk of cash, and is (probably) better.

Broke college kid mindset I guess, but keep on keepin on! I'm sure you sell a bunch to people who are afraid of a lil diy

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm using 3M 2228 rubber mastic tape under the BB etc.

Stuff is awesome and can be found in home depot electric dept.

Thanks to aapplin72 for suggesting it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    On average, how long does it take to get an order to the states with Australia Post Air Mail???

Has a cycling disorder
    Hi
    Australia Post state 8-10 days.
    www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

What does "Ultra Matte thin" look like?

Does anyone have (or can anyone point me to) pictures of "Ultra Matte thin" Frameskin on their black matte Mojo HD? It's a question I should have asked before ordering it, but I would like to see what it looks like before actually applying it to the frame. Thanks!
    Ibis Mojo HD 650b conversion
    Ibis Tranny

Has a cycling disorder

Ultra matte Frameskin

Quote Originally Posted by dan1231 View Post
    Does anyone have (or can anyone point me to) pictures of "Ultra Matte thin" Frameskin on their black matte Mojo HD? It's a question I should have asked before ordering it, but I would like to see what it looks like before actually applying it to the frame. Thanks!
    Hi dan
    I haven't any shots of a ultra matte Frameskin on Mojo HD but here are some on a Santa Cruz V10. Similar finish I would think. I also have some recent pics on the Specialized Fate SWORKS which is matte finish... I could post those if you like
    Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FrameSkin for HD?-sc_2013_v10-5_4.jpg  

FrameSkin for HD?-sc_2013_v10-5_3.jpg  

FrameSkin for HD?-sc_2013_v10-5_2.jpg  

www.frameskin.com
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Here's some pics of the Ultra Matte kit fitted to my bare carbon SL, very pleased with it

Top tube before & after, film is fitted between the cable routing lugs

Ibis Mojo SL with DT Swiss XMC130 fork
    Pace RC300 with Pace RC39 C-Type fork
    Pace RC200F8 with Pace RC36 ProClass2 fork

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Alan and 1210tech,

Thanks for these shots - I'm impressed with subtlety - I will give it a try myself and see how it goes. Appreciate the responses!

-Dan
    Ibis Mojo HD 650b conversion
    Ibis Tranny

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1231 View Post
    Alan and 1210tech,

Thanks for these shots - I'm impressed with subtlety - I will give it a try myself and see how it goes. Appreciate the responses!

-Dan
    No worries It's pretty easy to apply, I used a spray bottle with a very weak mixture of washing up liquid to wet each area of the frame I was working on which helps in getting each piece of film lined up correctly before chasing the air bubbles out with the spudger, also helps to lift the film on & off the frame if its doesn't go on straight first time
    Ibis Mojo SL with DT Swiss XMC130 fork
    Pace RC300 with Pace RC39 C-Type fork
    Pace RC200F8 with Pace RC36 ProClass2 fork

Members who have read this thread: 2