mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Fork for Mojo SL

Will a RS Lyrik fork work with a Mojo SL frame? Is the 150mm of travel too much for the SL?

rockhound
    Jul 2007
    Hell no!!! 150mm travel is not too much.

I have a friend who uses the Fox 36 Float 160 on his Mojo. It totally rocks. It really much, much stiffer than the Fox 32 Van 140 with 15qr thru-axle that I have on my Mojo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Not at all. For comparison my wife had a 08 mojo 140 fox talus. Bought a 2010 sl with a 150 fox talus and absolutly loves the extra travel. She also really noticed the difference in front end stiffness going to the 15mm thru axle. She does lower the fork to 140 on steep climbs.
    Ease & Flow Where Ever I Go

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    A RS Lyrik is 160 or 170 and now it isn't too much. If you haven't ridden a longer fork like that before on a trail bike you will probably want and adjustable one ie RS Lyrik Uturn/ 2-step or Fox 36 Talas. I run a stock RS Lyrik solo air (09) at 160mm and there isn't much I can't climb

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by rootsandrocks
    Will a RS Lyrik fork work with a Mojo SL frame? Is the 150mm of travel too much for the SL?
    The RS Lyrik has an A2C length of about 10mm more than a 32m stanchion fork. So running a Lyrik at 160 would be like running a Float 32 at 170mm.
    I loved the Lyrik coil u-turn on my Mojo. I usually ran it at about 130mm, since that's where I felt it handled best.
    I now have a RS Revelation 150 and like the way it handles, after making some stem and bar height adjustments.

Members who have read this thread: 0