Thread: F Ibis

mtbr member

F Ibis

Ok ordered a matte clear HD frame from a shop that had pre ordered frames 8 months ago. They told me thay had an extra frame that wasn't spoken for I said cool I want a medium matte clear. Just got a call from the shop matte clears not available til mid November no big deal I say i'll take a white one instead. Shop tells me to get in line and wait 2-4 weeks for a white frame.WTF???? So I say F Ibis. Anybody know of another bike that uses a 12 x 135 thru rear hub. Chad at Red Barn built me some really nice wheels and i'd like to use them.

Antagonist
    Shields up...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedmorecowbell
    Anybody know of another bike that uses a 12 x 135 thru rear hub. Chad at Red Barn built me some really nice wheels and i'd like to use them.
    Giant Reign XO has a 135x12 and has similiary geometry, is similiar weight, same travel, Maestro similiary to DW Link etc. I would stick with the Ibis but Reign XO not a bad choice either (and cheaper)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Ok ordered a matte clear HD frame from a shop that had pre ordered frames 8 months ago. They told me thay had an extra frame that wasn't spoken for I said cool I want a medium matte clear. Just got a call from the shop matte clears not available til mid November no big deal I say i'll take a white one instead. Shop tells me to get in line and wait 2-4 weeks for a white frame.WTF???? So I say F Ibis. Anybody know of another bike that uses a 12 x 135 thru rear hub. Chad at Red Barn built me some really nice wheels and i'd like to use them.

Poor you.
    Hey, lemme ask you-why is this Ibis fault? It sounds like your shop either wasnt straight with you or they sold it out from under you.

Gee I wonder if your I, Me, Mine attitude had anything to do with that?
    Ibis 2012 SL-R
    Ibis 2010 Mojo SL
    Fat City Cycles 93' Yo Eddy!
    Fat City Cycles 91' Wicked Fat Chance
    DB 89' Ascent EX

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I love that SNL cowbell skit so cutting slack on the post title....

Here's my take on it: 2-4 weeks is not really a long time. There are almost 800 on back order and people are waiting a long time to get these. Many months, even a year in some cases... I know, you want it now...

The shop just moved you to the very front of the line by giving you an order allocation from a frame they ordered a long time ago. 2 - 4 weeks means the next shipment we get. We're not sitting on any in stock, so that's as good as it gets.

H

mtbr member
    6 weeks wait here, but I'm in Brazil, and this thing just have to fly all the way over the globe to get here (assuming it gets directly from Taiwan and not the States). That sounds reasonable to me, and 2-4 weeks seem to be quick. I'd recommend you to wait a bit more and get a heck of a good bike.
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 09-02-2010 at 09:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    I love that SNL cowbell skit so cutting slack on the post title....

Here's my take on it: 2-4 weeks is not really a long time. There are almost 800 on back order and people are waiting a long time to get these. Many months, even a year in some cases... I know, you want it now...

The shop just moved you to the very front of the line by giving you an order allocation from a frame they ordered a long time ago. 2 - 4 weeks means the next shipment we get. We're not sitting on any in stock, so that's as good as it gets.

H
    Thanks Hans for the reply. My choices for my new bike were the Carbon Nomad and the HD. If I 'd have gone with the Nomad I'd be riding it now and not be waiting for an HD frame for the start of ski season up here in Oregon. BTW my custom built wheels won't fit the Nomad.

The MTB Lab
    Wow, sort of uncalled for? An LBS issue not Ibis, and for a bike that is in incredibly high demand. Wait in line like the rest of us mere mortals, and hope you can have a nice Xmas present? I had to revert to a Yeti ASR 7 for an All Mountain stead for my pro review and testing purposes, but hoping someday for an HD

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hans - are you able provide any new details regarding the paint issue with the Matte Black HD?

I also have a medium Matte Black HD on order and would be very appreciative of any new info.

holding back the darkness
    Sounds like your bike shop made promises they couldn't keep...
    So they say they have an "extra frame" that wasn't spoken for, eh? Yet you were able to specify color? And it just happened to be the least available of the colors....?

Again.. I'm kinda slow... how is this Ibis' fault, or even within their realm of influence to correct?

F yourself.

flow where ever you go
    yawn

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voyeur
    Poor you.
    Hey, lemme ask you-why is this Ibis fault? It sounds like your shop either wasnt straight with you or they sold it out from under you.

Gee I wonder if your I, Me, Mine attitude had anything to do with that?
    Funny...
    WOW!! someone has written a NON Ibis LOVEFEST post on the mtbr forum...

Ibis knows what's up, there are a lot of people that have or will be getting these unhappy words from their bike shops. That is why Hans's comments are what they are.

I don't blame someone who has put down a hefty deposit and had their $$ tied up for a significant amount of time be upset. There are more layers to this story....and Ibis knows that.
    Last edited by chick n da woods; 09-02-2010 at 11:50 PM.

ride your bike
    I think I can hear the waaaaambulance all the way down there.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

mtbr member
    These frames are like Iphones..lol Have you tried calling around to see if any other shops have a medium white frame sitting around? It's worth a shot. The shop I picked my HD up from has a large one coming in next week that is unspoken for. Maybe you can get lucky at a another shop?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatch
    Hans - are you able provide any new details regarding the paint issue with the Matte Black HD?

I also have a medium Matte Black HD on order and would be very appreciative of any new info.
    Painting issue has been solved and we have started shipping them, just have a lot to catch up on... If you like one of the other colors and change your order, you would get the same date driven priority, but be in a shorter line. It will speed up delivery in most cases.

H

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I'm surprised you had the nuts to post one of the most idiotic rants ever.

meh
    i dont think they make a frame sized for preteen girls, that could be your problem

mtbr member
    Obviously this is pure trolling: we all know that Ibis doesent have a "matte clear" HD in their line-up.

BTW: I ordered mine in january, got it in august and Im totally stoked, blown-away, happy, in love etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaguy
    These frames are like Iphones..lol Have you tried calling around to see if any other shops have a medium white frame sitting around? It's worth a shot. The shop I picked my HD up from has a large one coming in next week that is unspoken for. Maybe you can get lucky at a another shop?
    Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont, CA has a white medium (if I remember correctly), as well as Sun Bike Shop in Milpitas has another medium. Trailhead Cyclery has a large white frame as well.

All within 30 miles of eachother, there are 3 HDs (these are the only 3 shops I called, btw since i figured an XL black would be near impossible to be in stock anywhere). I'm sure there are plenty more. Good luck debbie downer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    ******bag alert

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by jeth
    Obviously this is pure trolling: we all know that Ibis doesent have a "matte clear" HD in their line-up..
    They do http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...matte+clear+HD

mtbr member
    Rawr! Feel better? Waiting blows but if you want 2011 gear in 2010 it happens.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

mtbr member
    Ok, my bad. I could have sweared that Ibis had White, Vitamin P and Matte Black as their colour choices...

meh
    it changed from matte clear to matte black, no matte clear
    http://www.ibiscycles.com/mountain/mojohd/#Paint

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I believe there is a white med HD frame on the wall at Wild Rose Bike shop in Salt Lake City, at least there was a few weeks ago.

screamer

Phew!

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Maybe something like this is more your speed? I think the "Kleenex Ivory" colorway should be easy to find. "Forsaken Princess Pink" seems to be out of stock, like, everywhere!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F Ibis-crying_blog.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Good things come to those who wait. But if you want to settle for a nomad, go for it!

Chumley for prez!
    Thanks Hans for the reply. My choices for my new bike were the Carbon Nomad and the HD. If I 'd have gone with the Nomad I'd be riding it now and not be waiting for an HD frame for the start of ski season up here in Oregon. BTW my custom built wheels won't fit the Nomad.
    Huh? interesting....a little more info on the wheels? What hubs you running? I know hadley's and dt swiss are both convertible between almost any standard. King's might be an issue though?
    Waiting sucks, but 2-4 weeks is worth it for the mojo HD in my opinion.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild
    Good things come to those who wait. But if you want to settle for a nomad, go for it!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider
    Giant Reign XO has a 135x12 and has similiary geometry, is similiar weight, same travel, Maestro similiary to DW Link etc. I would stick with the Ibis but Reign XO not a bad choice either (and cheaper)

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsteven
    ******bag alert

Fragglepuss The Chaste

And finally....

So I say F Ibis.
    Rehashed .gif once again today....

Too Much Fun
    2-4 weeeeeeeeeks! Jesus Christo on a popsicle stick, if that's not the sorry rant of a goddam tool then I don't know what is. I supposed you want Ibis to wipe your tush for you too?
    - -benja- -

T.W.O.
    I waited 9 mo for my first Ibis, so STFU. This time it would only take 4mo for the SM, I'm happy. Worth the wait.

BTW, I don't see where it said to put deposit on Ibis frame. Your LBS is taking you for a ride, either forget to order or F'ed up, either it's certainly not Ibis fault.

Go get the Giant, there's no wait you can get one today.

mtbr member
    What's the of that LBS? Sounds like they aren't too reliable. Waiting sucks but hope you feel a bit better now.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Your in luck! Ibis just announced an new product developed in conjunction with STAYFREE and the brooks saddle company. A special product that intermitantly injects a specially formulated dooche to help folks just like yourself get rid of that pesky sand in your pink thing as you ride. Hopefully this will help smooth things out for you and make riding more comfortable. Worth a try.
    Last edited by freebiker; 09-06-2010 at 08:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My wait time for HD = 6 months... Still 3 to go... With a bit of luck I'll get it for my birthday.

2-4 weeks is nothing.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Sounds like some people need a bit of fun put back in their life while they wait for their sweet new Mojo HD.
    Might I suggest....

You'll be having so much fun the days will just fly by and before you know it you won't want to leave the house. Ever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaguy
    These frames are like Iphones..lol Have you tried calling around to see if any other shops have a medium white frame sitting around? It's worth a shot.
    Another Bike Shop in santa cruz, CA, had a couple HD frames (looks like white medum) on display when I was there yesterday... call around and stop whinning.

Proud lame eBiker
    Sheesh....I ordered a couple HD's back in March just for stock and still haven't received them. Load the bowl, or take a few ambien, two weeks will fly by ya knucklehead.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    edited

Don't give up, man. The HD is worth the wait!!
    Last edited by Rb; 09-13-2010 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chick n da woods
    I don't blame someone who has put down a hefty deposit and had their $$ tied up for a significant amount of time be upset.

You know what's funny is if you put your money down on say a Vanilla frame there is a, what, 5 year waiting list? People still keep ordering them knowing that. I guess my point is that you know going into buying an Ibis that the wait time might be a bit and considering the company is small and I doubt they want to overstock themselves in case people stop buying the frame.

Like the Wii, the demand was so high for those things and they could have ramped up production to sell a buttload in 3-4 months. Instead they maintained their typical output to prevent any money lost, even the CEO (or someone high up) said why do more then have them sit on the shelves and not make money. In the bike industry there's not a lot of money to be had unless your a huge company, so why have a bunch of frame sitting around collecting dust. But overall it sounds like your LBS screwed you, not Ibis.

Members who have read this thread: 0