mtbr member
    Jan 2009

E.13 SRS+ on a Mojo

Guys,

Have had my Mojo for a year and a half now and am considering going from a triple chainring setup to a 1x9 or 2x9 setup with a bashguard and chainguide.

Has anyone tried the new E-Thirteen SRS+ (or DRS for a dual chainring setup) on their Mojos? Is this something I can do on my own (assuming I have the proper bike tools) or do I need the expertise of my LBS?
    Last edited by tandem; 08-08-2010 at 12:06 AM.

MPI
    mtbr member
    I used SRS+ for a year in regular Mojo. Works just fine. You gan do it by your own. You have to take your ckranks and BB of. Take the outer spacer away from drive side and put the SRS+ with BB adapter instead. There should be just enough clearance between lower link bolt and chainguide plate. Tools you need for cranks and BB depends on the model.

Greets MPI!
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MPI
    I used SRS+ for a year in regular Mojo. Works just fine. You gan do it by your own. You have to take your ckranks and BB of. Take the outer spacer away from drive side and put the SRS+ with BB adapter instead. There should be just enough clearance between lower link bolt and chainguide plate. Tools you need for cranks and BB depends on the model.

Greets MPI!
    Thanks for the info! On a similar note, assuming I do go the E.13 route, what adapter do I get? I'm confused with the ISCG or ISCG05 adapter plate for the SRS+.

MPI
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tandem
    Thanks for the info! On a similar note, assuming I do go the E.13 route, what adapter do I get? I'm confused with the ISCG or ISCG05 adapter plate for the SRS+.
    from manufacturer´s website ; ISCG 05 kit includes ISCG adapter plate for use on frames with NO ISCG tabs.

Mojo needs this kit because the frame does not have ISCG tabs. The plate replaces spacer in BB. Hope this helps.

Greets MPI!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    from manufacturer´s website ; ISCG 05 kit includes ISCG adapter plate for use on frames with NO ISCG tabs.

Mojo needs this kit because the frame does not have ISCG tabs. The plate replaces spacer in BB. Hope this helps.

Greets MPI!

Thanks! So the ISCG05 adapter plate is what I should get if I go the SRS+ route.

If I plan to use the DRS, the E-Thirteen website says I should get the ISCG-OLD since this is the BB Mount. The ISCG 05 (for the DRS) is a direct mount and mounts to ISCG 05 tabs only.

Hence the confusion between what mount to get.

MPI
    mtbr member
    Hi!
    I remembered one thing. With SRS+ I had to "dremel" little bit away from adapter plate sleeve to get it fit properly to BB of Mojo. Thats because Mojo has thick layers carbon fiber around the BB. Check carefully that the adapter plate does not rub to BB.

Have you considered LG1+ ? That was what I wanted to use but it was not awailable back then. It is lightweight. I remember that even _dw_ recommended that.
    Last edited by MPI; 08-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Check this out...I did a little writeup early this year on the Mojo and chainguides. The only update would be the recommendation of the Heim2 over the DRS for dual ring systems, as it is a better fit. The Mojo/SL/HD all have the same guide setups.
    Chainguides on Ibis Mojo HD

MPI
    mtbr member
    Very nice review

screamer
    Nice work, Phil! When you say "a modified adapter in the innermost position," can you elaborate on what you mean by modified? Did you have to do any dremel work? It looks as if a portion of the adapter plate has been slimmed down, and I assume this isn't a stock part included with the ISCG05 LG1.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi!
    I remembered one thing. With SRS+ I had to "dremel" little bit away from adapter plate sleeve to get it fit properly to BB of Mojo. Thats because Mojo has thick layers carbon fiber around the BB. Check carefully that the adapter plate does not rub to BB.

Have you considered LG1+ ? That was what I wanted to use but it was not awailable back then. It is lightweight. I remember that even _dw_ recommended that.
    Thanks MPI. I was looking into that to lessen the chain slap and to protect against dropping the chain, but I also want a bash guard to protect the mid chain ring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by philw86
    Check this out...I did a little writeup early this year on the Mojo and chainguides. The only update would be the recommendation of the Heim2 over the DRS for dual ring systems, as it is a better fit. The Mojo/SL/HD all have the same guide setups.
    Chainguides on Ibis Mojo HD

Thanks for this review. Now I'm even more confused on what to get and install

In a nutshell, can anyone explain the difference between the DRS and the Heim2?

Members who have read this thread: 0