bike rider

e*13 DRS on Mojo HD?

Has anyone mounted an e*13 DRS or other 2-ring guide on a Mojo HD using a BB adapter?
    Keep the Country country.

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    Has anyone mounted an e*13 DRS or other 2-ring guide on a Mojo HD using a BB adapter?
    Yep, be ready to grind that b1tch down a ton. Mainly the tab on the back side that wraps around the guide, I had to take about an inch off it using a hacksaw and dremel.

Also had to grind and shape the "wear plate" so I could get it clocked right. If I were to do it again I'd just buy a BS Stinger.

BY
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

holding back the darkness
    I run the Blackspire Stinger on mine. Works great. Only issue I ever had is that I bashed it once and rotated it up into the swingarm... But that's gonna happen with any BB mounted guide (except the MRP Single-ring guide that bolts into the lower pivot).
    Simple. Effective. Cheap. Light. Difficult to beat.
    **** censorship

No dabs.
    I've been running the Stinger on my Mojo SL for months, and am hesitant to recommend it. Love the quiet and function, but if you ride super rocky areas where you're likely to hit it, it rotates right up into the swingarm. Then the Stinger isn't the problem, but the chain when you're in the granny as it saws through the carbon rear triangle.

On a recent ride with major obstacles and few hits to the Stinger, I found myself having to find rocks to hammer the thing back. It was not easy, as I'd fastened the BB real tight to avoid having the Stinger move.

I'm looking forward to a dual ring chain guide that fastens to the pivot bolt for a solution.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Could it not be mounted just like Ibis is selling the Mini G? You should be able to buy just the linkage bolt that holds the MiniG steady and drill a hole in an E.13 guide to accomplish the same thing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by Diggidy
    Could it not be mounted just like Ibis is selling the Mini G? You should be able to buy just the linkage bolt that holds the MiniG steady and drill a hole in an E.13 guide to accomplish the same thing.
    This sounds like a pretty good workaround for preventing the e.13 DRS from rotating. Has anyone tried it? What length pivot bolt did you use?

Thanks
    enduro
    - 2014 Turner DHR
    - 2011 Mojo HD
    - 2006 Enduro Pro (Some a$$hat stole it!!!)
    - 2004 Demo 9 DH
    - 2007 Titus Motolite

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Using an e.13 Heim guide, love it. I also want to drill a hole in the plate to keep it from rotating, although that hasn't happened (yet).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Out of the 2 ring guides that I have tried the Gamut guide is by far the best. The roller is super quiet, there is zero resistance, and I did not have to switch chain lubes to prevent the roller from eroding. The guide plate tucks in really nicely, and I have never had it rotate on me going over logs and up ledges.
    Hated the e.13 Heim guide, the roller sucks and is noisy as hell, sorry.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by morandi
    Hated the e.13 Heim guide, the roller sucks and is noisy as hell, sorry.
    I thought the same thing on my first ride, but after 3 rides the roller is nice and quiet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    I thought the same thing on my first ride, but after 3 rides the roller is nice and quiet.
    Over a month on that thing and it was still noisy as hell. Plus I hated not being able to use the chain lube I wanted to. Also, the rollers adjustment mechanism with that lame tiny thin washer that gets chewed up is not so good. Sorry, I have no love for the Heim guide.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I've been running a Heim Guide (with two chainrings) on my HD for about three months. It makes some noise on the larger chain ring, but I've gotten used to it (and maybe even grown to like it ).

mtbr member
    I've run a e13 drs fon a standard Mojo or a while. Kind a liked it but ran into three issues:

1) As has been said before, the drs needed some filing to fit.
    2) Occassional chain suck shifting to the small ring. Nothing to do with the drs - but it didn't prevent it either.
    3) The drs rotated when I hit something. Quite annoying and pretty frequent as the low swingarm forces the roller to be placed low. Looked at drilling...

but then decided to go for the MRP and a 1x9 setup. So far I like it a lot. I am running a 11-34 and don't miss the granny at all. Didn't expect that.

Ultimate test was my first XC race ever. Bashed the thing a few times without any problems. Got a 3rd - so the thing didn't slow me down too much either. :-)
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

Members who have read this thread: 0