mtbr member
    Mar 2010

DHX AIr 5.0 opinions and size for a MOJO SL

Just destroyed (it blew its load all over my leg like an over excited lap dog) my stock Fox RPL that came on my Mojo SL, so its time to move on. I've looked all over and for some reason can't find the specs on it, guess I'm a retard... I'm leaning towards throwing a DHX air on it but wasn't sure if the stroke was right. Here's the specs for what I'm looking at : 2010 Fox DHX 5 AIR Shock with Boost Valve and Pro Pedal. The size of the shock is 8.5x2.5. Here's my questions: First off, will it fit the bill and second (but not really second 'cause performance is just as important), does it live up to its description as "The DHX Air offers riders heavy-duty trail riding shock performance in an ultra-lightweight package". Who's riding it and whats the truth???

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Get a coil. Forget about weight. A pushed Van R or Vivid.
    You will not regret it, not one bit. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the only reason people run an air can is to save weight, its certainly not about performance

www.derbyrims.com
    7.825 x 2.0 inches is the shock size for the SL.

holding back the darkness
    IF you really gotta go the air route, you should seriously consider getting a PUSH tuned Rock Shox Monarch RT3.

$389 gets you a brand new shock with a custom tune and a high-volume air can! That's cheaper than a stock RP23 and a far superior shock! The new RS stuff is awesome! I demoed the PUSH tuned Monarch RT3 on my HD and it basically solved all the issues I had with the RP23 (wallow, bad platform, ect..).

If you're looking for an air shock, look no further. You get a superior shock with a custom tune for less money. It's win all over.

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/i...&product_id=75

holding back the darkness
    Sorry.. forgot to address the DHX part.
    Don't bother.
    Seriously.. look into getting that Monarch from PUSH. Call Darren and talk to him directly if you have questions. The DHX is supposedly more tunable, but there have been lots of folks frustrated by the "complex" set-up on that shock with limited performance gain. The RT3 is lighter, and with a custom tune could arguably out-perfom the DHX Air without having to jack around with it all the time. The RT3 offers a high-volume shock with a more linear feel with adjustments you can actually use is custom tuned and is still a bunch cheaper than that DHX.
    I really don't think that anything out there is going to be able to compete with this PUSH deal in terms of performance, price, or in this case, weight (claimed weight of .47lbs, versus .97lbs for the DHX Air).
    **** censorship

Members who have read this thread: 0