mtbr member
    May 2004

Current ETA fir Trannies?

Anyone know what the current ETA for Trannies???

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    http://ibiscycles.com/mountain/tranny/

Tranny Spotting (UPDATED JUNE 08)
    We're still trying to get the first production Trannys finished. We've been riding prototypes and have found a few things that we want to change. Unfortunately this means some CAD time and some work on the big gnarly molds we use to make our bikes. We apologize for the delays. We don't like them any more than you do. But we want the bike to be right, so we are taking a little more time. We're going to give you a bit more tire clearance, add a bit of stiffness, and shave some weight (the prototypes were creeping up on the gram count). Two of our design team will be at the factory in June hammering out the final details.
    The latest update is that the first ones will be coming off the production line in July, meaning delivery in August. Sorry again for the delay, but the Tranny will be a better bike as a result.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    UPDATED:
    After our June factory visit, we'll get the latest protos in July. We will build them up immediately and will then need a little time for testing. We hope to then turn the production line on in August. From there, we need to allow some time for shipping and customs and other unforeseen curve balls that manufacturing may throw our way. So let's call it early September. Sorry again for the delay and any plans of yours we might have blown, but the Tranny will be a better bike as a result.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Month more of wait.. Bad thing about waiting is that I keep changing my mind about the build.. One day I'm certain have finished the build and the next day you find something new from internet.

I was hoping that I could get my Tranny finished for Marathon race at the end of the august, but I guess I'll have use my Mojo there.

But I am happy to wait for a better Tranny after Ibis crew gets it perfect!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    ok... so realistically won't really be available until Jan 09 in any substantial numbers..

Will have to divert my energy elsewhere until then.. hehehe

Members who have read this thread: 0