mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Could be a review coming up in Dirt

Hi folks

there is the distinct possiblilty that the Mojo will appear in Dirt. If you are not familiar with this UK publication..it is often regarded as the definitive downhill,freeride type magazine.
    dirtmag.co.uk for more details.
    I found this out because I was waiting for a Mojo demo bike ( having had it booked for three weeks!!) It appears that it was "diverted" to the Dirt boys, hopefully into the hands of Steve Jones.

I get it next which is good in a way because if it survives the Welsh abuse for the magazine the I'll be sold!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I get it next which is good in a way because if it survives the Welsh abuse for the magazine the I'll be sold!
    Oo, is Welsh terrain challenging? technical? or what?
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Depends where you go in Wales but there is a lot of great riding there, lots of technical riding and some not so much, there is quite a few trail centres in Wales as well.

Iíll keep an eye out for that review in Dirt as their reviews usually take a different perspective to others and knowing Dirt they will assume if they put the saddle down it becomes a slope style bike and they can give it the thrashing it deserves.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Aaah I see, cause I heard that the next Olympic MTB Venue is either Wales or Essex (did I spell it correctly?)
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Aaah I see, cause I heard that the next Olympic MTB Venue is either Wales or Essex (did I spell it correctly?)
    Yeah it was Essex or Wales for 2012, I donít know if theyíve chosen yet because the UK Olympic committee is pressing for Essex but the UCI says itís too flat, Essex is a lot closer to me than Wales but Iíve never done any riding in Essex so I donít know what itís like.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Wales, can be exceptionally challenging. I'm sure the bike will get hammered. Everything submitted to Dirt is assumed to have a good descending capability.

Some awesome downhill tracks in Wales and it gets super slippery an rooty to boot

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wales, can be exceptionally challenging. I'm sure the bike will get hammered. Everything submitted to Dirt is assumed to have a good descending capability.
    Yeah, Dirt is mostly about the slopestyle/downhill MTB right?

Some awesome downhill tracks in Wales and it gets super slippery an rooty to boot
    Yikes, slippery and root, not a good combination.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Wales has some awesome riding, I am not sure where they will do their test but before I read the review I can tell you my Mojo rocks on the Welsh trails. The Mojo is pretty good on the roots, to be honest I think riding on roots is as much a technique thing and having the right tyres, a good bike (suspension) just helps with the error factor! I will be heading up there on Thursday with a couple of friends, some of the best riding I have done any wear!

My friends and I are taking a few months off, we will be riding a lot in Wales and heading up to Scotland at the end of the month should be some great riding!
    Pinnarello Dogma FP2006

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My friends and I are taking a few months off, we will be riding a lot in Wales and heading up to Scotland at the end of the month should be some great riding!
    Enjoy your ride
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    GBR1 I'm based in Scotland. You'll have a blast. Laggan and Golspie up North are supposed to be great and worth the extra distance. Send me a message when you are heading up

Unpredictable
    Steve Jones does a good review of almost anything to do with the MTB scene so it will be interesting to see what he says (if anything). It will also be interesting given the 2+ years since the Mojo first came out - it really is old technology in terms of how fast the MTB world is evolving.

Maybe it will also give Dirt a chance to clarify a statement in the latest issue where they suggest Brian Lopes may be giving up the UCI World Cup due to "his new bike sponsor". As far as I can see his event timetable has not changed since before the season started. Us soft-hearted and supremely biased Ibisians cannot take any suggestion the bike is not up to racing can we, so let's hope the Dirt team really hammer it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Lopes seems to do well on the Mojo. It's not stock though. 2 key mods to his bikes seems to be more carbon in the swing arem and a custon Marzocchi shock to reduce the travel and lower the bike.

For mere mortals the extra bb height and travel of a stock frame is probably very wise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    How do you know there is more carbon in the swingarm? I never heard of such things.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Heard directly from Ibis that some of Brains bikes have a beefed up rear. It wuld be naive in the extreme to assume that he has only been using stock machines. My guess is that the Ibis Lopes partnership is as much about development as brand awareness. 100grams is what I heard and to be frank that seems f@$k all which bodes well for the stock model.
    The other aspect which I am really impressed about seems to be that way that developments filter through to the consumer...the lopes link as an example which is due very soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The other aspect which I am really impressed about seems to be that way that developments filter through to the consumer...the lopes link as an example which is due very soon.
    Yea, I love this company
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Members who have read this thread: 0