Thread: CCDB for HD

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

CCDB for HD

I just got off the phone to Malcolm at Cane Creek to discuss the use of a CCDB on the HD. Awesome guy and very helpful.

Having looked at the Mojo, he reckons the CCDB would work on the HD but in a different way to the RC4. He suggests a higher spring rate to replicate the bottom-out boost of the RC4, and then to offset this by opening up the high-speed compression, and increasing the high-speed rebound damping to cope with the higher spring rate. All makes sense really.

He mentioned that one of the guys at CC had an Ibis although he wasn't sure which model, and he'd advised a 50lb heavier spring. The report back had been very positive.

I guess the advantage of using the CCDB over the RC4 is the greater adjustability via the separate damping circuits, and the overall superior performance that this should give.

Anyone got hands-on experience of the CCDB on the HD?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The Team issue PUSH RS Vivid looks to be about the best shock to throw on the HD; try looking into that. Looks like PUSH will sell a new shock for right under 600$, and it's tuned specifically for your ride so you don't have to compensate with higher spring rates like you would with CCDB. You do what you want with your money, obviously, but by the sounds of what was suggested to you, it's going to take a LOT of time and tinkering to tune a CCDB for an HD.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

It's definitely doable... found this online

mtbr member
    There is not a shock that can out perform a CCDB for any suspension design.

aka dan51
    You can demo the CCDB. I found a website a few months ago that would ship one to you for a week or 2 of testing. I wish I had done that. Instead, I ordered a Vivid from Push and have been waiting 3 months for them to get it in stock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

What would be the right size to get for the HD?

What would be the right size to get for the HD?

SIZE:
    165 x 38mm (6.5" x 1.5")
    171 x 44mm (6.75" x 1.75")
    190 x 50mm (7.5" x 2.0")
    200 x 50mm (7.87" x 2.0")
    200 x 57mm (7.87" x 2.25")

Mark

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The standard shock length for a Mojo HD 160mm is 8.5" x 2.5".

I have a CCBD that I was going to put on my HD but I hadn't seen any settings posted anywhere. I haven't gotten new shock bushing to fit the HD yet though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    There is not a shock that can out perform a CCDB for any suspension design.
    Not true. The CCDB doesn't suit the Mojo classic and SL for example and is actually detrimental to the ride quality (advise from Stendec UK- CC dealer)

Members who have read this thread: 0