Cane Creek Double Barrel on a Mojo- Mtbr.com
    willing & able :P
    Jan 2010

Cane Creek Double Barrel on a Mojo

Seriously considering putting a Cane Creek Double Barrel (CCDB) onto my Mojo SL, have heard good things at the recommendation of 'my mechanic'.

I do love riding coil shox, not that there's anything wrong with my RP23.

Its not a change out of necessity, more of want.

Does anyone ride with one and whats your experience?

Cheers in advance
    Stru

www.derbyrims.com
    The CCDB is a great shock when adjusted well for a bike designed to work well with coil shocks.

But not a good match for the SL or SL-R. The SL suspension leverage is very flat to match a rising rate air shock, and the CCDB would have to be over sprung to avoid deep travel wallow and hard bottoming at the sacrifice of good smaller bump and overall handling.

Dave Weagle, the suspension designer of the Mojos, when I asked him, recommended the Fox RC4 for the SL. The RC4 has more rising rate deep travel damping and air spring assist that could be adjusted to match the SL much better. Also the externally adjustable air spring assisted X-fusion coil and Elka 5 shocks might work well, call those companies first to see if they can set up a good tune for the Mojo SL.

Darren at PUSH Industries, a top aftermarket shock tuner, when I asked, tells me the HD is ideal for a coil shock with no rising rate damping or additional air spring assist. The CCDB should be great match for the 160 HD's more rising rate leverage.

Members who have read this thread: 0