mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Cane Creek Angleset on a HD?

Anyone tried this yet? Would give bags of adjustability to the HD.....

mtbr member
    My interest is piqued with using this headset on this frame to slacken out a 160mm fork a bit more...

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    As far as I know, they're not available to the general public yet and I'm not cool enough to get my hands on a prototype.

I'll be getting one as soon as they come out though, so I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

HD + 180mm fork + Angleset + coil shock w/ Ti spring = the ultimate mini-dowhill bike.

mtbr member
    I have been having the exact same thoughts lately, especially now the Mojo HD 140 exists, it really makes this frame one of the most versatile around... i can just see an HD with 140mm + 160mm chips, air + coil shocks, a Fox 36 Talas 140/180 and an AngleSet headset replacing both my trail bike and my DH bike!

Only slightly annoying thing about the AngleSet headset is the angle adjust cups need to be pressed into the frame, so you can't very well do a quick 'cup swap' for geo changes (at least i can't as i don't have a headset press at my disposal).

Also, would there be issues with constantly removing and re-pressing headset cups into a carbon frame like the HD?? Presume if done correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Been told by Cane Creek that they are due at the European distributors by the end of the month.

Members who have read this thread: 0