mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Bike to complement the Mojo?

Hey fellow Mojo owners,

since my Mojo has muscled my old bike (Bionicon Edison) out, I am selling it and thinking of getting a big bike for shuttle runs / heavy enduro riding.

So it's gonna be a big bike, either FR or DH. I'm thinking of going with an Iron Horse, either a Sunday or a 7Point, as they come with the DW Link, and they are cheap right now.

My question: which one should it be? The 7Point (7" FR bike) is available at $1900 at Randall Scott, the SUnday (8" DH race) at $3000, with much better parts, though.

So far, I am thinking the Sunday may be more fun on shuttle runs, the 7Point is cheaper and might be better to pedal (although I won't have use for that, with my size of 6'6").

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jever

mtbr member
    Stay in the Ibis house and wait for a new bike - FRee

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We don't know if there'll be one...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yeti seven? Its hot

Slovakia (Europe)
    Quote Originally Posted by jever98
    We don't know if there'll be one...
    Braco is Ibis dealer in Slovenia, so maybe well informed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG
    Braco is Ibis dealer in Slovenia, so maybe well informed
    Before two months I mentioned on my web that Ibis will maybe surprise bike world with first carbon downhill bike. Enduro is than logical link between Mojo and DH bike, evolution to revolution.

Braco, just ordinary Slovenian

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Busted!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    When frustrated with the diameter of the down tube on an azure, I decided to design my own DW bike tracing all the pivot points and link lengths and sticking an existing rear triangle on it.

What I came up with was a multi-material bike where a 2 ft by 2 ft carbon piece would define all the suspension geometry pivot points and then aluminum (or carbon tubes per latest trek road bike) would be added to get all the different sizes. By keeping the Sunday like carbon piece with the bottom bracket and all the pivot points small enough to fit in a small 2' x2' mold, the economics of making a carbon downhill bike start to make sense. The carbon stayed in the region protected by the e-13 bash ring. Everything forward was aluminum. The FD was a road "braze on" with a cam to translate pull ratio to use mountain triggers.

The goal was to drive the cost and the weight down by eliminating precise weldments for geometry defining pivot points.

Ibis could do that great and get good market acceptance as the exposed parts would be bend but don't shatter aluminum.

Members who have read this thread: 0