Big shout out and THANKS to Shaun at N+1 Bikes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Big shout out and THANKS to Shaun at N+1 Bikes

I just wanted to make a thread about my experience with Shaun at N+1 Bikes, because the level of outstanding customer service he provides is hard to find these days. I've purchased a few Ibis bikes from him over the last few years, and no matter what the situation, he's always gone above and beyond to help me out. I used to work in customer service, so I really appreciate this. Perfect example - when I contacted him to ask if he had any Porkchop frame bags in stock for my Ripley V3, he sent me one free of charge, no questions asked. Bent derailleur hanger? He had one in the mail that day. When I wanted to service my Ripley V3's pivots, he sent me his personal bearing press tool and told me to send it back whenever.

Fast forward to last week, I noticed that the Fox X2 shock on my Ripmo wasn't holding pressure. The stanchion has been showing black stains, and it's been losing 60-80psi over the course of a week or so, which lead me to believe the seals are bad and it needs to be warrantied. I contacted Shaun about it, and he could have told me to file a warranty claim with Fox like any other shop would have. Nope! Within a few hours, I received the news that he was able to pull some strings, and is getting me an entirely new shock so I wouldn't have to have any downtime nor go through the lengthy Fox warranty process.

But, it doesn't stop there. I told Shaun I really wanted to get this swapped before my trip to Pisgah this weekend. So what's he doing? He's driving all the way down from Kentucky this weekend to bring me the new shock and shred some awesome trails with me and my friends.

This is the kind of service you won't get from a bigger shop like Competitive, Jenson, etc. I've seen a bunch of other happy customers of his on here so I'm sure others will agree.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    That's impressive. Great to hear.

mtbr member
    Shaun is the best I've brought a few bikes from him and like u said his service is unbelievable. Ibis and Shaun is the best 1 2 punch in the game.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Same here, Matt. He's great to deal with!

mtbr member
    That is impressive, don't see that too often these days.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk