Clyde

Balancing a Mojo with a Fox 160

I have played around with a wide variety of 140mm forks on my Ibis Mojo: 09 Float RLC (stock), 2009 Vanilla RLC 15qr and 09 Magura Thor 20mm each better than the fork it replaced. In Utah I get a little over me head from time to time and I wanted to experience a slacker head angle than the stock 69 degrees so I popped a Fox Talas 36 RLC then I dropped the stem 10 mm and bumped my seat forward about the same. That seemed to get me back in a balanced riding position. I have no trouble climbing or general cruising but jumps are now awkward. Is it a matter of getting used to the longer front fork? Perhaps the issue is with the shock and fork not adjusted to work together. Have I have become one with the previous geometry and need just need to retrain my riding or is there some thing else at play or is a 160mm on a standard Mojo just pushing the rear triangle and other aspects of the design to far.
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

www.derbyrims.com
    Try lowering the bars more. Lowing the bars only 10mm leaves the bars near 20mm higher than before at sag, almost an inch. Wider bars help with taller slacker forks too.

bike rider
    Remember that the Fox 36 160mm is more than 20mm taller than a Fox 32 150mm. I think it's 30mm taller and has a considerable effect on head angle.

I like the Mojo with a 150mm fork that has very little sag when sitting at full saddle height. I run 13mm sag in the rear measuring the same way (as opposed to measuring sag in a standing position like on a DH bike).

Plenty of people ride 36s on Mojos so I imagine a little tuning will make you happy.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Whats happening when you jump?

Members who have read this thread: 0