mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Awesome ibis ride

Had a great ride Saturday up in the alpine 65 kilometers north of Revelstoke BC. The trail is called Keystone Standard Basin and was absolutely fantastic. A real mix of roots and rocks but mostly this fantastic single track through the alpine flowers with glaciers all around in the distance. The trailhead starts at 5000' and crests at 6200' then goes down to a lake and a small cabin. It is 11 kilometers to the cabin and took us 5 hours to go in and back. Enjoy the pictures.

Straw
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Very nice! looks like I have another ride to add to the list to try and fit in after the Downhill season wraps and before the snow starts flying for real.

www.derbyrims.com
    It looks a lot like Crested Butte, except with more air to breathe!

Beautiful!

The MTB Lab
    Heck I live at 6800, nice trails.

mtbr member
    Yeah, way more Oxygen than we are used to. Nice and green there too...and the wildflowers are plentiful. I have ridden as high as 12,600 feet but I would love to go past 13,000 if there is trail that high in Colorado. Better hurry and get some more rides in guys...November is approaching fast. Thanks for the pics!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    Yeah, way more Oxygen than we are used to. Nice and green there too...and the wildflowers are plentiful. I have ridden as high as 12,600 feet but I would love to go past 13,000 if there is trail that high in Colorado. Better hurry and get some more rides in guys...November is approaching fast. Thanks for the pics!
    You can "ride" to the top of Elbert: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=319138

Members who have read this thread: 0