KevinK
    Jul 2005

Anyone using the Alligator Mini i-Links for their Mojo?

If so, I would love to hear your impressions. Or another recommendation of a light, reliable shift cable set. I would go w/ the Shimano SP81 Yumeya, first choice, but, I'm not into White cables on my Matte Clear SL. Black cables please.

Thanks,

Kevin

aka übermensch
    I'm using them on mine. I like the looks and the full length liner to keep dirt out. Only complaint I have, is they make noise when I turn the bars. Nothing major, and I usually don't hear it while riding. It's more noticeable while I'm loading or unloading the bike, or doing maintenance on it.

Edit: I'm using the original i-links, not the Mini
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I didn't think these were available yet, where did you find them & how much.

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71
    I didn't think these were available yet, where did you find them & how much.
    Four available in silver and black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLIGATOR-MINI-i-LINK-Ultralight-Cable-Set-SHIFT-SLV_W0QQitemZ300375889768QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCyclin g_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45efcc5768

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLIGATOR-MINI-i-LINK-Ultralight-Cable-Set-SHIFT-BLK_W0QQitemZ300376763209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCyclin g_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45efd9ab49

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by übermensch
    I'm using them on mine. I like the looks and the full length liner to keep dirt out. Only complaint I have, is they make noise when I turn the bars. Nothing major, and I usually don't hear it while riding. It's more noticeable while I'm loading or unloading the bike, or doing maintenance on it.

Edit: I'm using the original i-links, not the Mini
    Thanks übermensch. What kind of noise do the iLinks make? Crunching? If you had to choose again, would you choose a different set of cables?

Thanks,

Kevin

The MTB Lab
    I have been using the iLinks for several years, I have found that they tend to create ghost shifting for me, going to switch to some Gore Ride On's tonight for a change (testing/reviewing them), they are light!

aka übermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK
    Thanks übermensch. What kind of noise do the iLinks make? Crunching? If you had to choose again, would you choose a different set of cables?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Crunching, creaking, cracking type of noise as the aluminum pieces move and flex against each other. Like I said though, I don't really notice it as I'm riding-too many other sounds going on. And it's not enough of a distraction to make me want to change.

If I had to choose again, I would still go with the i-links. Possibly some Gore Ride On cables if they offered them in blue.
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    Thanks Gram! Have you tried the Shimano SP81 Yumeya derailleur cables? Love everything except the color of the cable....White!!! I'll scratch the iLinks off my list. Thanks again,

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0